ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The grossest Texas/OU stat of all-time?)

I got distracted and quit reading at Apolonia.

tenor.gif

SomberPointlessAlleycat-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: GQ03
Great Buy Sell! Hoping you’re right on the Brockermeyers!!!!! Wheaton and Byrd the package and were off the charts for a long tine!

Captain Negative rides again.

Why do you continue to cover the Longhorn program ? Why does Orangebloods get any cooperation from anyone on the Longhorn staff ?

We understand and you understand that we are coming off of the worst ten years in Longhorn football. We understand that Charlie was the worst coach and the worst thing to ever happen to Longhorn football. Why do you continue to use these deeply down years to beat the current program and staff over the head ? How does that help you or the program ?

You are a smart guy. Why not start to act like it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: jtchorn
Captain Negative rides again.

Why do you continue to cover the Longhorn program ? Why does Orangebloods get any cooperation from anyone on the Longhorn staff ?

We understand and you understand that we are coming off of the worst ten years in Longhorn football. We understand that Charlie was the worst coach and the worst thing to ever happen to Longhorn football. Why do you continue to use these deeply down years to beat the current program and staff over the head ? How does that help you or the program ?

You are a smart guy. Why not start to act like it ?
I feel like your post is more negative than my column... by a lot.

Great column and appreciated the rewatch of Prince making some of the better musicians in the world look like school children. My son and I are actually learning guitar together courtesy of the Covid (shoutout to Fender, who’s doing 3 free months of free lessons during the pandemic). I loved watching Prince’s performance before I could “play” - seeing it now, well, damn, I’m just glad someone recorded the event so we can see greatness at its finest.

Great column and appreciated the rewatch of Prince making some of the better musicians in the world look like school children. My son and I are actually learning guitar together courtesy of the Covid (shoutout to Fender, who’s doing 3 free months of free lessons during the pandemic). I loved watching Prince’s performance before I could “play” - seeing it now, well, damn, I’m just glad someone recorded the event so we can see greatness at its finest.
Thanks for sharing. That's cool!

Reactions: tyculver
Really interesting stuff, indeed. Conor dropped his news right after the UFC PPV was over in an effort to hijack the news. Kinda shitty, but I get it.

BTW, you see who they are lining up Woodley against, potentially?
Yes, Conor got them the company sold for $4B, so yeah he’s always gonna think he’s got liberties and they’ll just continue letting it go.

As I warned you, Colby could be the guy because Dana would do something like that right now. As I said, it would sell and neither guy has his juice going right now individually, but put them together and boom, it could be explosive. Obviously, I don’t like it, because it feels exploitative and there’s no way you can tell me it isn’t in large regard. All that said, you could make a slight of hand argument about their positions within the division, the potential quality and the logistical component of the fight, but we all know the deal.

Yes, Conor got them the company sold for $4B, so yeah he’s always gonna think he’s got liberties and they’ll just continue letting it go.

As I warned you, Colby could be the guy because Dana would do something like that right now. As I said, it would sell and neither guy has his juice going right now individually, but put them together and boom, it could be explosive. Obviously, I don’t like it, because it feels exploitative and there’s no way you can tell me it isn’t in large regard. All that said, you could make a slight of hand argument about their positions within the division, the potential quality and the logistical component of the fight, but we all know the deal.
Where do we think that fight will be positioned?

Is OU destined for a massive decline or is Riley so much of a quarterback coaching witch that the normal rules of young quarterback play doesn't apply to his pupils?

I think we can answer those questions with a high degree of certainty.

Top 10 Prince Songs

10. I Would Die For You
9. Little Red Corvette
8. I Wanna Be Your Lover
7. Purple Rain
6. The Beautiful Ones
5. 1999
4. Kiss
3. Darling Nikki
2. Let's Go Crazy
1. When Doves Cry

#7?
giphy.gif

It would either be a main or co main on a free card or a 3-5 on a PPV, IMO.
It's going to be the main card on a free fight or the co-main event on a PPV.

There's never been a fight so big in terms of name value as a co-main on a free fight, no?

You know what my problem with that song is... and I love it...

It's just not among the top 3-4 songs on that album I go to when I play that album.

Historically, you can make a case it should be No.1, but as a fan of his music, it's behind a variety of songs from the same album, which is maybe my favorite album of all-time. It's definitely on Mount Rushmore for me.

You need to average 2-3 per class so that you have close to 10 in the program at all-times.
The elephant in the room. Does the Big XII as a conference even average 2-3 per year? I’m sure they do but I bet it’s close.

The elephant in the room. Does the Big XII as a conference even average 2-3 per year? I’m sure they do but I bet it’s close.

What the conference averages is of no significance to Texas. Pretty easy that outside of OU and Texas, much of the Big 12 isn't going to sign 5-stars any if at all.

Number of 5-stars signed by conference in 2020...

SEC: 19

Big 12: 1

Reactions: podo87
It's going to be the main card on a free fight or the co-main event on a PPV.

There's never been a fight so big in terms of name value as a co-main on a free fight, no?
Names? Idk I’d have to look back. But you’ve got a guy who can’t draw and lost the last ten consecutive rounds handily, some by 10-8 scores and another guy that’s fizzled after being soundly beaten in 5 rounds his last time out. With this matchup though, I wouldn’t be surprised if it snuck into a PPV as a co-main on a card like the one we just saw at 250. I mainly threw out the co main on a free card spot saying that would be the absolute basement, but that won’t happen. More than likely it will be a co-main or below on PPV or the main in a free card.

It basically furthers my argument that this matchup would be an exception.

Names? Idk I’d have to look back. But you’ve got a guy who can’t draw and lost the last ten consecutive rounds handily, some by 10-8 scores and another guy that’s fizzled after being soundly beaten in 5 rounds his last time out. With this matchup though, I wouldn’t be surprised if it snuck into a PPV as a co-main on a card like the one we just saw at 250. I mainly threw out the co main on a free card spot saying that would be the absolute basement, but that won’t happen. More than likely it will be a co-main or below on PPV or the main in a free card.
I'll wager you lunch that it's no lower than co-main event on a PPV or main event on a free card. Dana produces too much watered-down stuff to treat a fight with name recognition for granted.

I'll wager you lunch that it's no lower than co-main event on a PPV or main event on a free card. Dana produces too much watered-down stuff to treat a fight with name recognition for granted.
I just said that’s likely to be where that matchup is. It’s still in line with my original post that “unless they put him against Colby” he’s not getting a main. Also, your take was that Woodley would get five more main events. Not co mains.

ADVERTISEMENT