ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The time Eric Bieniemy almost kicked my ass ...)

BUY or SELL: Kawhi becomes a Sixer?

Sixers receive Kawhi Leonard

Spurs receiver: Robert Covington, Markelle Fultz, Zhaire Smith, the 2021 Miami first round pick and maybe another first round pick.

That gives them a very good wing starter on a great contract, last year's overall No. 1, a poor man's Leonard starter-kit and a potential mega-watt non-protected pick in a draft that might include high school kids.

I wanted Kawhi to stay, but I think that ship has sailed.

That being the case, I like this proposed trade.
- It gets Kawhi out of the West;
- It keeps Boston from getting stronger;
- Its a nice haul of players;
- The Miami pick could yield another Duncan/Robinson (The Spurs are really fortunate that way); and
- It helps out Brett Brown.

I say pull the trigger on it.

I'm on fumes heading into this final week before a little vacation.

Headed down to the Emerald Beach hotel in Corpus Christi in Sept for a little vacation. Hooking up with friends...Has anyone ever been there? good/bad?

I may have missed it, but where do you rank Mock in regards to other Texas qb’s? Other than the Tech game what great moments did he have?

- You should ask Herman what his OB handle is ;)

- Buying stock in Ehlinger isn't a bad investment. We just need to see if it pays off this year or next season.

- Are you going to ban anybody with a 10-win prediction?

- Kawhi to the Sixers is a good bet.

- Queen Latifah from Set if Off should be in your heist movie category. If not her, Jada Pinkett Smith.

I'm too old to say "keeping it 100"?

Pretty common expression.

No you’re not too old but I don’t think it went well with the whole turning back the clock in story time. My thoughts...No one said that back in 03 and it was out of character in the story. Great write up though.

@Ketchum unless you’re charmin ultra soft you’re not getting whipped by a guy that’s 5-6. Worst case he gets a few shots in before you use your size advantage.

what combination of players do you see propelling LA to number 2 in the West. I only see them as #1 with a combo of James, PG13 and Kawhi. Or 3/4 if Kawhi goes elsewhere. If Houston brings back Paul and Capela which is likely I don’t see the lakers having enough. I see a team of harden cp3 Capela Gordon and PJ as a better team than James, PG13 Kuzma and Ingram.

@Ketchum

Do YOU think Jimbo is cheating? Legitimately?

I like your trade and I think the Sixers are a more likely trade partner than Boston, because of the Brett Brown link.

However, I’m not sure the Spurs would want Fultz. I would rather negotiate to have Saric over Fultz. I still like Fultz’s potential, but I’m scared off by his mental state.

Zhaire Smith and 2 potential first round picks, plus Saric and Covington is a solid yes for me. That’s a compelling package.

However, I know the Spurs and how they think, and I don’t expect any potential trade anytime soon and neither should you. The Spurs are patient and deliberate. I don’t personally think this thing can get fixed and I expect Kawhi and “his group” to double down on their not wanting Kawhi to play in San Antonio next season, but don’t expect any action anytime soon.

I started wondering what I might ask Tom Herman if I could get him alone in a room and drunk on truth Kool-Aid.

You must have missed Anwar's post in his latest thread

"In addition, when I drove to Houston last month and asked Herman how he hoped the situation with Buechele and would play out this year, and if both quarterbacks might play, he still does not have an unquestionable No.1 guy."

How often do you get to drive with Herman to Houston and ask him questions? Anwar has more pull getting Herman alone :)

You think the lakers will pass the warriors? Doubtful

Headed down to the Emerald Beach hotel in Corpus Christi in Sept for a little vacation. Hooking up with friends...Has anyone ever been there? good/bad?
It's an old Holiday Inn. Not horrible, but not exactly a Ritz Carlton, either. Right on the bay, though, and next to a downtown beach. If you want something fancier, there's a nice high-rise Omni just a few blocks down the street.

Do yourself a favor and watch Heat when you're on vacation. DeNiro in peak DeNiro mode.

Solid list. For your consideration....

Kevin Kline as Otto in A Fish Called Wanda
Kevin+Kline+A+Fish+Called+Wanda.PNG

Brad Pit as Mickey in Snatch
Mickey-ONeil-Snatch-Brad-Pitt-e.jpg

Here is what would be most interesting to me:

@Ketchum
How do you think Herman would answer those questions??

So Chance Mock had a better career than Case MCCoy? Please convince me the games Mock won that were better than McCoys.

Did Mock ever have two games where he threw for more yards to the opposing team than to his own team?

Again, what games did Mock have other than Tech. McCoy beat Aggie and a top 10 OU team. Not saying that McCoy is top 10 but just want to know what games puts Mock there.

If England played Panama 10 times, it would score 5+ goals on 9 of the games if they were officiated like today

Panama and Honduras are absolutely filthy playing defense. They grab, trip and kick and think it’s ok if they pretend they are playing the ball. They got away with it plenty in their CONCACAF home games but don’t get away with it at the World Cup level (Honduras played the same crap style and got similar results in 14).

I would like to feel pity for Panama but that style of play is downright shameful

I don’t see this England team getting passed their first knockout game either

I just don't think the Lakers have the front office to move past #4 in the West. Lebron isn't going to LA without Kawhi being there, and the Spurs are never going to trade him to LA.

They finished 10 games out of the final playoff spot in the West last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: gfrank50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT