ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The time Eric Bieniemy almost kicked my ass ...)

@Ketchum unless you’re charmin ultra soft you’re not getting whipped by a guy that’s 5-6. Worst case he gets a few shots in before you use your size advantage.

what combination of players do you see propelling LA to number 2 in the West. I only see them as #1 with a combo of James, PG13 and Kawhi. Or 3/4 if Kawhi goes elsewhere. If Houston brings back Paul and Capela which is likely I don’t see the lakers having enough. I see a team of harden cp3 Capela Gordon and PJ as a better team than James, PG13 Kuzma and Ingram.
I think the Lakers are going to get James and Paul.

@Ketchum

Do YOU think Jimbo is cheating? Legitimately?

I like your trade and I think the Sixers are a more likely trade partner than Boston, because of the Brett Brown link.

However, I’m not sure the Spurs would want Fultz. I would rather negotiate to have Saric over Fultz. I still like Fultz’s potential, but I’m scared off by his mental state.

Zhaire Smith and 2 potential first round picks, plus Saric and Covington is a solid yes for me. That’s a compelling package.

However, I know the Spurs and how they think, and I don’t expect any potential trade anytime soon and neither should you. The Spurs are patient and deliberate. I don’t personally think this thing can get fixed and I expect Kawhi and “his group” to double down on their not wanting Kawhi to play in San Antonio next season, but don’t expect any action anytime soon.
I think there's always cheating in college football. I want to know what HE thinks about it.

a. Good question.

b. That "or next season" is a big rub huh?

c. No bans, just head shakes.

d. I agree.

e. I need to see it. Saw the old trailer at the Draft House.
Check it out while on vacation. Ninety percent of the audience liked it on Rotten Tomatoes.

You must have missed Anwar's post in his latest thread

"In addition, when I drove to Houston last month and asked Herman how he hoped the situation with Buechele and would play out this year, and if both quarterbacks might play, he still does not have an unquestionable No.1 guy."

How often do you get to drive with Herman to Houston and ask him questions? Anwar has more pull getting Herman alone :)
Ha, he didn't drive WITH Herman.

Mickey off the list is a huge fail

giphy.gif

Also @Ketchum any reason for the aggy cheating question. Not saying they don’t have a good class so far but the star average isn’t amazing and there is a long way to go.
Nothing specific. Just wondering.

@Ketchum

I can’t think of another question I’d like to ask Herman, that was a pretty good and salty list -

Heat is a definite must see heist movie, one of Robert DeNiro’s best roles. Also, the one where he teams up with Edward Norton to rob the Canadian customs house is pretty good. Can’t freaking remember the title.

Jeremy Renner in The Town was also pretty good, if you haven’t seen that, it’s worth it.
I think Affleck was better on The Town.

Reactions: PaulieD
How can you leave out Cary Grant in "To Catch a Thief" or Denzel Washington in "American Gangster" of anyone from "Ocean's Eleven" new version ? And maybe the number one left out could be Bogart when he starred with Ingrid Bergman ??
a. Cary Grant spent the movie trying to catch the thief. He didn't qualify.

b. Is American Gangster a Heist movie or a gangster movie?

c. Clooney almost made it for Ocean's 11.

I would rate Ehlinger stock as a "hold" rather than "buy." No doubt Roach is a buy.

Reactions: FrancoBevo
LOL. I don’t buy it.

No reporter worth his salt asks a question like that just to get a reaction. You aren’t the “do you still beat your wife” type of reporter.
I didn't say I wanted a reaction. I wanted to see what his thoughts were.

I would rate Ehlinger stock as a "hold" rather than "buy." No doubt Roach is a buy.
I'd suggest buy because if he takes off, the stock will be really expensive, really quick. You could be right, though.

No. 5 – Down year for Big 12 Basketball in 2019 ...

The guys over at DraftExpress released their early 2019 NBA Mock Draft over the weekend and it was hard not to notice that the Big 12 lacks some star power going into next season.

The only names from the Big 12 projected to be first round picks in 12 months?

Kansas freshman guard Quentin Grimes (No. 6 overall), Texas Tech sophomore guard Jarrett Culver (No. 21 overall) and Iowa State sophomore guard Lindell Wigginton.

Only 3 were drafted this year in the first year. That being said, KU actually projects to be even stronger this season than last.

Only 3 were drafted this year in the first year. That being said, KU actually projects to be even stronger this season than last.
Kansas is Kansas, they've been on TV more times than Leave it to Beaver.

Reactions: EG-man
I’d put Brett Stafford over both.
Stafford's career rating is 30 points behind Mock.

Mock has a 17/1 TD/INT ratio. Stafford was 23/35.

Basically, Akers might keep his job if he had Mock instead of Stafford,
If Akers has a transcendent QB he would have won a natty. Hell, just one that could move the ball against Georgia would have been enough.

Two additional games to consider for Ellinger, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State....Ouch!

Again, what games did Mock have other than Tech. McCoy beat Aggie and a top 10 OU team. Not saying that McCoy is top 10 but just want to know what games puts Mock there.

To be fair to Mock, VY was struggling against Tech and was pulled late in the game for Mock. Mock then hit I believe BJ for a long pass to set up the winning score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT