ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Thinking a lot about Derrian Brown...)

Ketch, I hope you are wrong about the likelihood of a grad transfer RB. That room was already thin and now it looks even bleaker. If Sam is forced to carry the ball a lot, his chances of making it through the season go down considerably, and the QB room is also very thin. We really need some RB help

Reactions: Familyofutfans
You didn't remember Freddie Joe Steinmark? Or, was that before your time? How old are you again?

He's talking about in his time not all time CP.

And to be perfectly honest if you're under the age of 40 most Longhorns unless they dig deep into UT history probably don't remember Freddie Steinmark either.

GettyImages-550081.jpg

https://www.gq.com/story/best-super-bowl-halftime-show-u2?verso=true

The problem here is that U2 sucks and Bono is a world class tax dodging douche who preaches what people should do but doesn't do himself with his millions.

Sonny Dykes was on the radio talking about his time with Jared Goff.

But really interested me was his talking about the "TRANSFER PORTAL".

He said 1800 kids were in the portal! Think of that. 1800 kids! There are only 130 teams or so... It's ridiculous.... Where are they going to go?

More prayers for the Brown family.

I really wish my dog would do that. :p We had snow here a little over a year ago, just before Christmas. When I got home from work I tried to take her outside to play. She took one look at that snow and turned around and ran back inside. =)roll=)roll=)roll=)roll
It really points out the unique joys of having a big dog. We have three miniature dashchunds, two of which we rescued. Great dogs with unique personalities, and we wouldn’t trade them for anything. Stubborn as hell. I’ve only seen one of them in the snow. Let’s just say it was something like, “Fvck this. I’m shitting on on the rug.”

Reactions: marinehorn
Whitney Houston was a National Antham performance....not half time. Hence it cannot count. And hiw can you leVe U2 in 2002 out?
It counts if I say it counts. It's my list and my rules.;)

About fifteen years ago, in an introspective time, I offered to my wife the notion that I could take her dying way better that one of our four children (no grandkids at the time). We had had most of a life at least but the kids were just starting their adulthood and etc. etc. We were just sitting in the living room watching something on the tube and in response she gave me the weirdest, almost putout look. "Well...okay" the response. The evening went on. Nothing more to it. Then she died, after a 15 month battle, at 60, of pancreatic cancer. If what I said is a true assessment, then the prospect in reality, much less the actuality, of one of my children dying, is beyond grotesque and abhorrent. Unimaginable. I have something to measure that idea by now, and I don't wish that on anyone, even the worst. It occurs of course, but until you've experienced the death of a child, or your spouse of 37 years, just be aware that your imagination can't take you to that place.
Man, I wasn't prepared for this post. That was haunting.

"Back in 2001, the passing of Pittman was a crusher for me on a personal level. While we weren't best friends or anything, I had covered him closely when he was a high school prospect and I was a reporter working at KEYE-TV, while also maintaining a friendship when he arrived at Texas. When it occurred, I was only able to see it through the prism of a young person losing a friend. Try as I might, I could never understand what Pittman's father felt in that moment because some things you can't know until you're a parent."

I think about Cole Pittman every time I drive from Palestine to Austin for a Longhorn home football game. When I see the Sanderson Farm feed silos on US 79 near Easterly, Texas, I know it's time to look to the right, as the road curves to the left, to see the memorial cross marking the spot where his car went straight when it should have turned. A promising young life snuffed out at age 21. Kids dying young always hit me hard. I can't imagine the pain of the parents...
:(

Yes. The worst hour of my life was the two minutes of sheer terror we lost track of our young daughter at the beach. The squirt was walking up the stairs back to the beach house all on her own. Still makes me nauseous to think about it to this day, even as she’s now a parent herself.
I don't even want to think about it.

More prayers for the Brown family.

I really wish my dog would do that. :p We had snow here a little over a year ago, just before Christmas. When I got home from work I tried to take her outside to play. She took one look at that snow and turned around and ran back inside. =)roll=)roll=)roll=)roll
Yeah, sounds like my dog Bradie. She ain't about that life. :)

Reactions: marinehorn
@Ketchum What does Texas do at RB next year? Do they look for a transfer? Does this help get the big fish next year? Does it move an Ath to RB?
I think it means we'll definitely see Whittington take snaps and it practically screams to Zach Evans, "PICK US, WE NEED YOU!"

You didn't remember Freddie Joe Steinmark? Or, was that before your time? How old are you again?
I remember Steinmark. It was roughly 25 years before I started covering the team, which is the time frame I discussed.

Do YOU remember Steinmark?;)

Of course I respect the Brown's privacy and hope the kid gets better. But what I find strange is that you wrote an 11+ paragraph piece saying how bad you feel about him and his family and we have no clue whats ailing him, but you do.
I'm really not comfortable speaking about the things we've heard behind the scenes. Off that you found it strange, but no one else has remarked as much in three-Plus pages.

Reactions: HookemChargers
Sonny Dykes was on the radio talking about his time with Jared Goff.

But really interested me was his talking about the "TRANSFER PORTAL".

He said 1800 kids were in the portal! Think of that. 1800 kids! There are only 130 teams or so... It's ridiculous.... Where are they going to go?
There are more than 130 teams in the portal.

I can't believe no one has commented on Rog's breaker.

My little brother died unexpectedly at age 27, nine years ago. While the pain and heartbreak I felt at the time was crippling, it was truly horrifying watching my parents in such intense pain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT