ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for Sark to do what others have)

@Ketchum, what is our worst case(but realistic) conference schedule?

Sounds like @UH is a lock, that’s not worrisome. @Tech again would be bad. Likely to be @TCU obviously. Not sure about the other new teams and their outlooks in ‘23?

Well, TCU and Baylor are definitely going to happen. Those two played in Austin this year and they ain't taking the two-fer without screaming bloody murder.

The question is whether they give Tech or Oklahoma State the home and home two-fer.

Tech seems like an obvious one to watch.

Wouldn't shock me if KSU definitely gets played.

You'd probably like to avoid Cincinnati and/or BYU.

It's not just that Worthy provides those stats... it's the fact he is so capable of getting WIDE OPEN that makes him an attractive target.
He really is wide open all the time. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a Longhorn WR who is consistently so wide ass open. I wonder all the time what Worthy‘s stats would look like playing with peak era McCoy and his elite accuracy. And yes, I’m aware Worthy has struggled with some drops this year.

Yeah... I totally agree.

It's not just that Worthy provides those stats... it's the fact he is so capable of getting WIDE OPEN that makes him an attractive target.

I think too much was made of Worthy being THE long pass target, when that burden should have been shared. Worthy is just as dangerous on crossing routes and in instances when misdirection is involved.

He's not perfect... but he can still be a really special player for us. I just hope we don't run him off.
agreed. If you can ever get the best out of him, watch out.

Ketch - This is awesome! I'm new to OB, but a life long fan (that is long btw) and wasn't really sure what this buy/sell thing was. Now I know. Thank you for answering my question but what I really meant was, I believe we are being primed to compete and win an SEC Championship and yes, I know how negative you can be (I watch a lot of youtube) and a lot of our fans can be, hell, its hard for me not to be, but I'm really excited for a change about what is happening with our Team. Anyway, I'm happy to be on board and thanks again.
Thanks for jumping on board this crazy plane.

I don't think Texas is quite primed for anything in the SEC just yet, but let's hope they get there.

Reactions: TEXASFAN
@Ketchum, still 9 conference games? Believe we’re the home team for the OU game so. So 5 road: @TCU, @Baylor, @UH, @ISU, then potential for a screw job in Lubbock? Then home for KU, KSU, 1 new team, and OSU?

Not a real scary conference schedule.

agreed. If you can ever get the best out of him, watch out.
He needs to get the best out of himself and let that effort and attitude infect the team. Those drops against UW are indicative of lack of focus. Especially the last one that was an easy TD.

I hope he and Ewers decide they are going to live up to their potential and do something special together at Texas.

Reactions: Baguette
@Ketchum, still 9 conference games? Believe we’re the home team for the OU game so. So 5 road: @TCU, @Baylor, @UH, @ISU, then potential for a screw job in Lubbock? Then home for KU, KSU, 1 new team, and OSU?

Not a real scary conference schedule.
Kansas State would be a game that's good for the league from a TV perspective... potentially.

Well, TCU and Baylor are definitely going to happen. Those two played in Austin this year and they ain't taking the two-fer without screaming bloody murder.

The question is whether they give Tech or Oklahoma State the home and home two-fer.

Tech seems like an obvious one to watch.

Wouldn't shock me if KSU definitely gets played.

You'd probably like to avoid Cincinnati and/or BYU.

I could see them sending us to Cincinnati and Central Florida just to make us have to travel as far as possible during the year.

Ok, not all of these are buy or sell questions in format, but I’ll cut you some slack since you just sent me a check and I love your supplies.
This mad me snort :D
(Sell) With all due respect to the game he had the other night, Texas needs a better and more dynamic No. 3 receiver.
This is big time, Cain is slow to boot
(Sell) What the hell are you talking about? Just put some mustard on it.
happy-endings-adam-pally.gif

Kevin Durant is 34 years old and averaging 29.7 PPG, 6.9 rpg, 5.3 apg and has is shooting 57.7/41.7/96.5.
Wy OT: I think most NBA fans don't get KD. Thinking about this made me wonder where he might rank in a mythical list of most misunderstood players in history. Not saying he's on that list or should be, I just got down a wormhole thinking about it.

Very good right up. Your lead was all anyone needs to read about this program. I’m all out of optimism after watching what TCU, K-State, and TT were able to do with basically nothing when comparing it to UT’s recruiting. I think we have a serious culture problem inside our football program. It’s the only thing that makes sense. No matter who we hire as coach or recruit as players we continue to fall dreadfully short.

This mad me snort :D

This is big time, Cain is slow to boot

happy-endings-adam-pally.gif

Wy OT: I think most NBA fans don't get KD. Thinking about this made me wonder where he might rank in a mythical list of most misunderstood players in history. Not saying he's on that list or should be, I just got down a wormhole thinking about it.
who do we think is on the list?

Quinn certainly needs to work on all the things you mentioned but I think the most important thing is a refuse to lose attitude. He might have that but it doesn’t show like the 2 QBs that are about to play for the NC. Or the QB that led us to our last NC.

It needs to be unacceptable to him to lose and his teammates need to feel that.

Very good right up. Your lead was all anyone needs to read about this program. I’m all out of optimism after watching what TCU, K-State, and TT were able to do with basically nothing when comparing it to UT’s recruiting. I think we have a serious culture problem inside our football program. It’s the only thing that makes sense. No matter who we hire as coach or recruit as players we continue to fall dreadfully short.
I wish I had something witty to respond with that could refute your concerns.

Reactions: Let em Hang
Quinn certainly needs to work on all the things you mentioned but I think the most important thing is a refuse to lose attitude. He might have that but it doesn’t show like the 2 QBs that are about to play for the NC. Or the QB that led us to our last NC.

It needs to be unacceptable to him to lose and his teammates need to feel that.
Is that something you wither have or you don't?

Reactions: hookem62
I’ve not only not seen most of the movies in your lists, I’ve not even heard of most of them. COVID really did a number on my “give a shit” about movies.

Reactions: Rudygamble
It is refreshing to finally hear you admit that Worthy's 18 drops the last two years are among the most in the nation instead of quoting some drop rate analytic stat to defend his below average hands.

I also agree with pretty much everything you said about Worthy. It is your best Worthy take all season IMO.

My latest theory is this... Worthy is a very valuable and highly productive player, but he is well below average as a deep threat and he has been mis-managed by Sark trying to turn him into something he is not. I believe Worthy is a deadly weapon in the red zone where his route running, quickness, and change of direction can exploit defenses, but Sark should scrap the deep balls to Worthy from the offense.

I wonder if the fan's perception of Worthy and Ewers both is completely different if Neyor plays the role of the deep threat this year. This season, the combination Worthy as a deep threat with Ewers as his QB was a total failure.

It is refreshing to finally hear you admit that Worthy's 18 drops the last two years are among the most in the nation instead of quoting some drop rate analytic stat to defend his below average hands.

I also agree with pretty much everything you said about Worthy. It is your best Worthy take all season IMO.

My latest theory is this... Worthy is a very valuable and highly productive player, but he is well below average as a deep threat and he has been mis-managed by Sark trying to turn him into something he is not. I believe Worthy is a deadly weapon in the red zone where his route running, quickness, and change of direction can exploit defenses, but Sark should scrap the deep balls to Worthy from the offense.

I wonder if the fan's perception of Worthy and Ewers both is completely different if Neyor plays the role of the deep threat this year. This season, the combination Worthy as a deep threat with Ewers as his QB was a total failure.
A couple of thoughts.

a. I've thought Worthy was misused all season in terms of routes he's been used and targeted in.

b. This team missed Neyor.

c. Feels like this take on Worthy has been been my take from the beginning. I was actually the first to call him out on his body language way before it became a thing people were really talking about.

Too Late B/S:

The idea of even the possibility that Texas or OU could win the conference on the way out the door will cause the Big XII to enact scheduling (both where and when) and officiating measures to ensure it doesn’t happen.

And before you make a comment regarding integrity, I refer you to Grant Teaff’s last game against Texas as head coach of Baylor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT