ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Time for Sark to earn some damn respect)

Hey @Ketchum Definitely with you on Phantom Menace. Mail character is fantastic and the fight scene is definitely top notch. Couldn’t agree more on pod racing scene. Lucas was SO EXCITED about that scene but he just botched it with commentary.

Reactions: Mongo122580
The Wimbledon final was the best tennis I have seen in quite some time. Krygios was really strong but still makes too many errors, sometimes forced. Joker was just too good.

The eye opener for me on both players came during the post game on court interviews. You saw the softer side of Kyrgios and you got to see Jokers family and friends. They both answered questions in an incredibly humble fashion and I am a fan of both.
I was out on Joker quite a few years back when I attended a night US Open match between him and Roddick. Roddick was making a big comeback and the fans were naturally cheering for the American. Joker won, then in the post-match interview whined about fans not rooting for him.

The Wimbledon final was the best tennis I have seen in quite some time. Krygios was really strong but still makes too many errors, sometimes forced. Joker was just too good.

The eye opener for me on both players came during the post game on court interviews. You saw the softer side of Kyrgios and you got to see Jokers family and friends. They both answered questions in an incredibly humble fashion and I am a fan of both.
Not to mention Joker will probably end up being the best to ever play. He has no flaws. I also enjoyed the interviews.

L

LOVED “Thief”! Saw it in the theatre and thought it was AWESOME! Making want to go find it and watch it again! Solid read!

Amazon prime, I believe. I've watched enough movies this week that I forget the app I watched them on. 😂

Nice James Belushi debut! Running on the beach and tackles his wife. lol

Hey @Ketchum Definitely with you on Phantom Menace. Mail character is fantastic and the fight scene is definitely top notch. Couldn’t agree more on pod racing scene. Lucas was SO EXCITED about that scene but he just botched it with commentary.
It definitely wasn't needed. He should have let the action do the talking.

ROLLERBALL is about an individual threatening a totalitarian state (in this case a corporate state). The game rollerball provides a diversion for the masses (like the Roman gladiators). No individual is expected to be able to play the game long enough to become famous, but Jonathon does. They try to get him to retire, then continue to change the rules of the game to try to get him killed. but Jonathon prevails. Jonathon! Jonathon! Jonathon!

It is not Sci-Fi. It is dystopian. The theme is similar to the Hunger Games.

1. While I would like to see a great year, it seems next year is likely the more likely time when things gel and UT will be a bit of a threat in Big 12.
2. It may be my ignorance, but I do not see any Big 12 team this year that would put much fear in the hearts of the SEC teams. Every team seems to have real questions headed into 2022.

I was out on Joker quite a few years back when I attended a night US Open match between him and Roddick. Roddick was making a big comeback and the fans were naturally cheering for the American. Joker won, then in the post-match interview whined about fans not rooting for him.
He's been a little bitch since day one.

That's not to say that he's not one of the all-time greats, but the two things aren't automatically mutually exclusive.

ROLLERBALL is about an individual threatening a totalitarian state (in this case a corporate state). The game rollerball provides a diversion for the masses (like the Roman gladiators). No individual is expected to be able to play the game long enough to become famous, but Jonathon does. They try to get him to retire, then continue to change the rules of the game to try to get him killed. but Jonathon prevails. Jonathon! Jonathon! Jonathon!

It is not Sci-Fi. It is dystopian. The theme is similar to the Hunger Games.
No, I got all of that without an explanation.

There were just moments in the film that were head-scratchers for me all these years later.

It is generally considered to be a science fiction flick.

1657509797507.png

1. While I would like to see a great year, it seems next year is likely the more likely time when things gel and UT will be a bit of a threat in Big 12.
2. It may be my ignorance, but I do not see any Big 12 team this year that would put much fear in the hearts of the SEC teams. Every team seems to have real questions headed into 2022.
all of that is fair

Sports weekend was good imo. Austrian GP made the day for me. That was an entertaining race.

Maybe, but Yoda with a laser sword has a special place in my heart, but the Anakin Padme’ scenes 😬

Hayden Christianson just wasn't a good enough actor at the beginnong of that movie and you can feel him TRYING to act.

He settles in by the end of the third movie, but it's a costly unforced error, considering how well they nailed some other key roles.

The dude was 21 when that movie came out.

Leo turned down the part. Oh, what might have been. Heath Ledger almost got the part. Same with Paul Walker.

I thought Caan was really good in his role in Honeymoon in Vegas (Nicholas Cage) and I've always thought it was a very underrated comedy.

"The seven pools are here?!?! What are we waiting for???"

Reactions: rgvhorn 89
Maybe it’s overrated in my mind, but I really liked Honeymoon in Vegas.

I thought Caan was really good in his role in Honeymoon in Vegas (Nicholas Cage) and I've always thought it was a very underrated comedy.

Beat me by two seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum

I don't hate the movie, just didn't have it in the top 10. It's been a LONG time since I've seen it, though.

ADVERTISEMENT