ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (What we KNOW about Quinn/Arch)

I could say the same.

EK9lIKk.jpeg

You’re right. It’s really important for everyone to know you were waiting for something to be posted so you could say you were the first to see it without reading it…

Steve Martin cutting onions talking about Candy. Where’s the Kleenex? Now that my friend @danhorn left ob I consider myself President of the Candy Fan Club. And makes me miss Dan that much more.
Drunk. It's a hell of a thing when you outlive your friends.

I remember reading not long ago about David Spade talking about Chris Farley because they gonna do a biopic on him soon and he said.... " I know a lot of people will consider there's been enough distance between what happened to him and the movie... But it's not enough distance for me. All of us around in those days at SNL knew what happened to him at the end but they didn't see the guy before all that happened. And that's the guy I wanna remember "

I understand exactly what David meant. I understand what Steve Martin meant too. Life does go on The way you lose a friend like that there's a hole inside of you that never will be completely filled ever again.

Drunk. It's a hell of a thing when you outlive your friends.

I remember reading not long ago about David Spade talking about Chris Farley because they gonna do a biopic on him soon and he said.... " I know a lot of people will consider there's been enough distance between what happened to him and the movie... But it's not enough distance for me. All of us around in those days at SNL knew what happened to him at the end but they didn't see the guy before all that happened. And that's the guy I wanna remember "

I understand exactly what David meant. I understand what Steve Martin meant too. Life does go on The way you lose a friend like that there's a hole inside of you that never will be completely filled ever again.
Good post.

Is it possible the reason why the defense “won” the other 2 scrimmages is because Arch wasn’t at the helm? It just seems like everything is more difficult with Quinn for some reason.
Offense is not gonna win all the time no matter who the hell is over center.

... On a court with Kevin Durant and Devin Booker, Minnesota's Anthony Edwards was the best player in game one of the Minnesota/Phoenix series.
Easy to forget that Edwards is still only 22 years old. Now that Luka is 25 years old, Ant is the 2nd best talent/prospect in the NBA under the age of 25 behind only Wemby.

You can easily make a case that Edwards is already the best shooting guard in the NBA at only 22 years old. If you think Booker or Donovan Mitchell are better right now, they won't be a year from now.

Easy to forget that Edwards is still only 22 years old. Now that Luka is 25 years old, Ant is the 2nd best talent/prospect in the NBA under the age of 25 behind only Wemby.

You can easily make a case that Edwards is already the best shooting guard in the NBA at only 22 years old. If you think Booker or Donovan Mitchell are better right now, they won't be a year from now.
I wasn't sure about Edwards when he first came in, but what a player.

Offense is not gonna win all the time no matter who the hell is over center.
Of course - but I want the guy under center that can explode and win the game when the D isn’t great. Ewers is a short throw distributor most of the time. It appeared yesterday that Arch can hurt you all over the field.

Manning had a great spring game and certainly looks the part.

But like other years don't get drunk on spring game hype hooch and remember its easy to look calm in the pocket playing against a young secondary that blew coverages constantly leaving WR's wide open and when you're wearing a no hit jersey and plays are whistled dead when a DE touches you.

Ewers is the starter and should be even better than last year in his 3rd year. Let Manning play well in a game without a non contact jersey in front of 100k and against a good team before you start funneling burnt orange crazy kool-aid.

I would not be selling Golden stock right now either. The coaches know what they have with him.

Good post.
You learn things like that when you get old enough Ketchum. Or sometimes not old enough. Lord knows on this board we've lost some good people.

Sometimes we wish we could erase the memories the ones we have lost... But that would mean erasing part of our own lives. Good or bad those people helped to make us what we are. We learn our lessons from them.

Ketchum.......when I lost my older brother It was a week after Mother's Day. I want to be like him and I wanted to be like my dad. But now As well as then I was the #1 son. I'm still not sure even at age 64 if I have ever truly measured up to him.

Anyway.......A month after we buried him I went to the movies by myself and I saw Walt Disney's Pinocchio.

I don't know if you've ever seen it Jeff..... But the late Cliff Edwards Is the voice of Jiminy Cricket And at the beginning he sings "When you wish upon a Star." I remember sitting in that movie Theater at Fort Sill in the dark crying and wishing just for one more day.

All these years later I am an adult and I know he and my grandfather and so many people that I've known are gone.

But there are times when I hear that song And I wish!

Even If I know it will never come true I still wish.

Top 10 Prince Songs

10. Little Red Corvette
9. I Wanna Be Your Lover
8. The Beautiful Ones
7. 1999
6. If I was Your Girlfriend
5. Kiss
4. Darling Nikki
3. Let's Go Crazy
2. Purple Rain
1. When Doves Cry

Bonus Prince: After-Hours

10. Cream
9. Lady Cab Driver
8. ***** Control
7. Sexy MF
6. Adore
5. Erotic City
4. Scandalous
3. Get Off
2. Do Me, Baby
1. Darling Nikki
qlXJok.gif

But like other years don't get drunk on spring game hype hooch and remember its easy to look calm in the pocket playing against a young secondary that blew coverages constantly leaving WR's wide open and when you're wearing a no hit jersey and plays are whistled dead when a DE touches you.

Ewers is the starter and should be even better than last year in his 3rd year. Let Manning play well in a game without a non contact jersey in front of 100k and against a good team before you start funneling burnt orange crazy kool-aid.

I would not be selling Golden stock right now either. The coaches know what they have with him.

Great post and agree. Ketchum and everyone is going over board based on the spring game

Ewers could be a first round pick next year, I don’t see arch jumping to that sort of level immediately…everyone has growing pains when they first start. I think when arch eventually takes over, he will have a full 2 years under his belt , so he may have a super strong start though

Reactions: Perdy
Good write up.

This team is talented, and dig where the QB room is at.

Quinn is my guy, he has proven to be really good and I think he makes the jump to great this season. Just my thoughts and hope of course.

Arch is the best backup in the country and played way better than he did in last years spring game.

Trey Owens impressed me a bunch as well. One game sample but he was way better than Arch was in last spring game - and as I stated in another thread he was the one that lead his team on a game winning drive yesterday.

He's the No.1 non-starting player in the country. It's not hype I'm drunk on.

Reactions: MB-HORNS
You learn things like that when you get old enough Ketchum. Or sometimes not old enough. Lord knows on this board we've lost some good people.

Sometimes we wish we could erase the memories the ones we have lost... But that would mean erasing part of our own lives. Good or bad those people helped to make us what we are. We learn our lessons from them.

Ketchum.......when I lost my older brother It was a week after Mother's Day. I want to be like him and I wanted to be like my dad. But now As well as then I was the #1 son. I'm still not sure even at age 64 if I have ever truly measured up to him.

Anyway.......A month after we buried him I went to the movies by myself and I saw Walt Disney's Pinocchio.

I don't know if you've ever seen it Jeff..... But the late Cliff Edwards Is the voice of Jiminy Cricket And at the beginning he sings "When you wish upon a Star." I remember sitting in that movie Theater at Fort Sill in the dark crying and wishing just for one more day.

All these years later I am an adult and I know he and my grandfather and so many people that I've known are gone.

But there are times when I hear that song And I wish!

Even If I know it will never come true I still wish.
That's beautiful.

Reactions: Baguette
Great post and agree. Ketchum and everyone is going over board based on the spring game

Ewers could be a first round pick next year, I don’t see arch jumping to that sort of level immediately…everyone has growing pains when they first start. I think when arch eventually takes over, he will have a full 2 years under his belt , so he may have a super strong start though
It's not just the spring game.

“Yet, he's not yet proven that he's a great quarterback. His worst game of last season (statistically speaking) came in the most important game of last season when he was clearly the second-best quarterback on the field in a game that Texas lost by 8 points while also knocking on the door of Washington's goal line in the final seconds. Outside of the Big 12 Championship, he didn't break a game rating of 164 in seven of his last eight games (starting on 9/30/23).”

“Yet, he's not yet proven that he's a great quarterback. His worst game of last season (statistically speaking) came in the most important game of last season when he was clearly the second-best quarterback on the field in a game that Texas lost by 8 points while also knocking on the door of Washington's goal line in the final seconds. Outside of the Big 12 Championship, he didn't break a game rating of 164 in seven of his last eight games (starting on 9/30/23).”
gotcha.

😂 Here we go again!! Manning looked great but it was a practice and he couldn’t get hit by the defense. He hasn’t done it in a real game and you’ve ordained him better than Ewers. Just like you claim that Ewers hasn’t show he is great, neither has Manning.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkalman4867
😂 Here we go again!! Manning looked great but it was a practice and he couldn’t get hit by the defense. He hasn’t done it in a real game and you’ve ordained him better than Ewers. Just like you claim that Ewers hasn’t show he is great, neither has Mannning.

No one said Manning was great.

Great wrote up. B/S We see some more 4 receiver sets this year because of all the talent at WR

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT