ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

Vance Bedford is not "on the hot seat" because our defense was awesome in 2014.

Remember in 2014 when we had a top 25 defense and there was nfl talent on the roster?

Bedfords 2014 defense was definately not embarrassing or poo poo.

Maybe bc he actually had some talent to work with.

Nfl talent 2014 - Malcolm brown(1st round), hicks(Roy candidate), diggs(legendary veteran leader), mykelle

Nfl talent 2015 - ridgeway

our defense struggled last year bc our qb always tucked and ran instead of reading the d and throwing the ball. When offense can't sustain drives and is 3 and out every time then defensive stats suffer.

Imo this "hot take" trying to scapegoat Bedford on the "hot seat" is garbage.

... Otherwise great work as usual. Keep the info coming. Can't get enough of the updates

The best thing for Lil' Jordan is for the coaches to keep him at one position and coach him up. He's not near the wr he can be

There has never been a QB competition no matter what the sources say. It's been Buechele ever since he signed

Ketch talking about soccer like he knows a damn thing about it is hysterical. Pure comedy. Thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: El Che Guevara
@Ketchum

I agree on LJH. I was posting about LJH being underrated late last football season and in the spring. I had 2 guys whom I trust see him live several times and they ranted and raved about how underrated he was. So I looked up his measurables, his production against top competition, and watchd a little film and I agreed.

I would watch him and I kept envisioning Funchess or Edwards of Michigan. He seemed just like all those big Michigan WRs they seemed to have for about 15 straight years.

Reactions: TaxSaver
You and your staff (and some posters) have been great the last couple of days. There seems to have been fresh material coming throughout the day.

I expect the same level of excellence for the rest of the season. ;)
g1384886665193479626.jpg

… The Texas defensive line might be the unit that determines whether this team wins six or seven games vs. eight or nine games. It’s a unit that lacks a little bit of everything that’s needed.

@Ketchum can you elaborate on this some? Curious what it is that they are lacking (besides the pass rush that we all know about).

Ketch talking about soccer like he knows a damn thing about it is hysterical. Pure comedy. Thanks for the laugh.
Soccer fan trying to make soccer rocket science is funny.

I'd bet I watch 15-20+ hours per week How about you?

This week alone, I've watched 5 games involving EPL teams, 5 MLS games and at least five games from the Olympics.

I don't care what anyone says, I like watching out hoops team beat the hell out of the rest of the world.

+1

I don't know what it is but there's just something about completely destroying teams and watching the look on their face that says they expected an ass-kicking but they still didn't expect this. It's incredible. This must be what it felt like to be a Roman back in its heyday.

- Davantae is looking like a stud. I agree with you.

- Lil Jordan is another guy who is impressive. Strong recognizes talent.

- Waiting for Buechele to get the job so we all can move on.

- I will entertain a Godfather I vs. Godfather II debate. I like the squeal. As long as nobody mentions that horrible part three.

- Some guys in your fantasy league really need to take our their frustrations in the gym
I think Godfather II is the superior film, but I love watching Part I more. The decadence and decline of Michael and the Corleone family is so richly realized at the end of Part II, and that last closing image of Michael... so good.

Regardless, Godfather I is the more romantic and engaging picture to view time and time again. Part III really misses Duvall, and that haircut that Michael has... Ugh.

Where has this idea come from that our defense has been crap for the past two years? Did you watch the 2014 season? I don't necessarily disagree about Vance's "hot seat - whatever that actually means. But the two years of subpar defense argument is just wrong. What am I missing?

Soccer fan trying to make soccer rocket science is funny.

I'd bet I watch 15-20+ hours per week How about you?

This week alone, I've watched 5 games involving EPL teams, 5 MLS games and at least five games from the Olympics.

I understand wanting to follow a new sport. I've recently gotten into Nascar. A sport that I used to never consider a sport. But it is refreshing to learn all of the nuances in a sport in which you have a knowledge base of zero. It is refreshing and somewhat rewarding to figure it out and have a personal favorite to root for. Logano is my guy and I hate fords.....bwtfdik.

Concerning Bedford. Two things come to mind. I don't care how great of a coach you are if you don't have the players nothing else matters, except the offense. If the offense can't stay on the field your defense is basically handcuffed.

Reactions: Ewooten
Where has this idea come from that our defense has been crap for the past two years? Did you watch the 2014 season? I don't necessarily disagree about Vance's "hot seat - whatever that actually means. But the two years of subpar defense argument is just wrong. What am I missing?

Agreed, I would like to see ketch expound on this. Specifically the 2014 defense as to how it was disappointing/embarrassing.

If we're talking Bedford, let's acknowledge that his D has absolutely stonewalled and pulled OU's panties down the last two years in Dallas. It has lacked consistency and it's had some meltdowns but last year there were what 5+ freshman on the filed on any given snap.

Perspective - some of you need it, a lot of it!

- Davantae is looking like a stud. I agree with you.

- Lil Jordan is another guy who is impressive. Strong recognizes talent.

- Waiting for Buechele to get the job so we all can move on.

- I will entertain a Godfather I vs. Godfather II debate. I like the squeal. As long as nobody mentions that horrible part three.

- Some guys in your fantasy league really need to take our their frustrations in the gym

I love that @Anwar Richardson doesn't beat around the bush and has been driving the Shane Train for months. I've been on it with him.

Regarding Bedford, if he dicks around and sticks with 2 slugs at safety then he deserves what gets.

I think Godfather II is the superior film, but I love watching Part I more. The decadence and decline of Michael and the Corleone family is so richly realized at the end of Part II, and that last closing image of Michael... so good.

Regardless, Godfather I is the more romantic and engaging picture to view time and time again. Part III really misses Duvall, and that haircut that Michael has... Ugh.
I'm with you. Part II is the better film, but you love the set up in Part I. Part III should have never been made. Most Godfather fans never acknowledge that movie

Reactions: marinehorn
Great Job Ketch!

The QB job will be determined in the scrimmages. Who moves the team better gets the nod.
That being said I will be shocked if it's not Buechele.

You watched a lot of soccer. You may want to watch a couple games with people who played the game a lot. To all those bitching your doing fine with soccer.

I love that @Anwar Richardson doesn't beat around the bush and has been driving the Shane Train for months. I've been on it with him.

Regarding Bedford, if he dicks around and sticks with 2 slugs at safety then he deserves what gets.
After the spring game, that was all I needed to see. It's not like you have to worry about hurting anybody's feelings. Shane has earned the job. Let's move on.

The heat is on Bedford, and Ketch's observation is accurate. Strong us this is actually Bedford's defense. Now that we know that, there is a lot of pressure on Bedford, especially considering Brian Jean will probably receive a job offer because of his recruiting success. I can imagine Strong having to contemplate promoting Brian Jean to DC if there is an offer on the table from another school.

Everyone is talking about Swoopes vs Buechele but I am keeping my eye on Merrick. He made some good throws while Heard looks like he has regressed into just a wildcat package. Obviously this is from a ridiculously small sample size, no pads, etc but it was still there.
Merrick is a guy who has shown a lot of improvement, mostly because of Gilbert's offense. He's not in the mix to play this year, but he has improved

ADVERTISEMENT