ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend

No 4= Whoa! Information overload, dude!!

Vance may be on the hot seat this year, but I remember (as do others) that we were pleased with the 2014 defense. Improvement from Thompson, Steve Edmond, and even Hix had us all excited about the future. We were crowing about player development.

And I remember being in Dallas when, at the half, OU had one first down!!

A full half of football and they had one first down. But they also had 14 points on a defensive and a special teams touchdown, but that's not on the defense.

While I have enjoyed The Night Of (and admittedly haven't viewed episode 5 yet), it's time for the show to pick up the pace. There simply haven't been enough revelations or twists to justify the pace.

Godfather III is a fine movie as long as you don't compare it to the first 2. I've seen plenty of movies that weren't worth making. That movie wasn't one of them.

Love the idea of the Captains Rule. Why more people don't play IDP is beyond me.

I'm with you. Part II is the better film, but you love the set up in Part I. Part III should have never been made. Most Godfather fans never acknowledge that movie
Part II is not the "better" film. Both are perfect 10 movies.

I'm with you. Part II is the better film, but you love the set up in Part I. Part III should have never been made. Most Godfather fans never acknowledge that movie
I don't think Part III is dreadful. However, you're correct, at least for my part, I've only viewed Part III once and have never felt the need to view it again. Most of the cast, including Coppola, admitted they only did it for money.

Part II is not the "better" film. Both are perfect 10 movies.
I agree that both movies are perfect 10's, but I do think Godfather II is the better made film. It's quite an ambitious picture, and the way the story comes together along with the masterful juxtaposition of the two narratives - the rise of the father, and fall of the son, both at the same ages, is so skillfully crafted, that I believe pound for pound it's the better made film. The production values, cinematography are also elevated. They look marvelous on blu ray. Damn, they're so good! They are perfect 10's. No question. Now I feel like watching it.

.... Randomness from Rio:

a. Women’s rugby is the surprise must-see sport of the Games.

b. Diana Taurasi is a top-five all-time women’s player, right? Cheryl Miller, Cynthia Cooper, Lisa Leslie and Maya Moore are the other four for me.

c. I don't care what anyone says, I like watching out hoops team beat the hell out of the rest of the world.

d. Get ready for our women's gymnastic's team to become the darling of the next two weeks. Those girls are kicking butt and taking names.

e. What in the world is going on with the Brazilian soccer team?

f. I really hate it for our Olympians that they can’t go into Rio brothels without TMZ pestering them. What’s the world coming to?

g. What Katie Ledecky did to the rest of the field in the 400-meter freestyle was pretty crazy. And by crazy, I mean she beat everyone by at least five seconds.

h. Dario Saric punking Pau Gasol at the rim on Sunday at the buzzer might be my favorite Olympic moment of the weekend.

No. 10 - And finally …

If you’re not watching HBO’s The Night of, you’re missing out on my favorite show from the summer.

It’s kind of a cross between The Wire and True Detective.[/QUOTE]

d. Our women's gymnastics team does not need to Take names, they are Making their Own, Right NOW! Enjoy :cool: It's gonna be good :D

g. Katie Ledecky still has the 800m, gonna be a bigger margin of defeat- Get Ready World, she ain't done YET!! :eek::p

which is that a third straight season of disappointment on that side of the ball won’t stand
You said this. Not Charlie. And it's just not true. Again, I don't necessarily disagree with the overall theme, but the facts-free world is a pet peeve of mine and it undermines the rest of the discussion.

Reactions: Saul Goodman87
Merrick is a guy who has shown a lot of improvement, mostly because of Gilbert's offense. He's not in the mix to play this year, but he has improved

And that is great if he is coming around because perhaps he could put himself in position to be a backup next season as a security blanket to redshirt Ehlinger. I don't really think Merrick will be a real contender to be the starter but he could be a guy who could provide depth the next 4 seasons.

That picture does ruin this post. Tried to ignore but cannot. Needs to be removed (the picture).

You would like him to tell Charlie that he would like you to explain how the 2014 defense was embarrassing?
No, tell him that his DC isn't on the hot seat.

The 2014 defense was solid.

I agree that both movies are perfect 10's, but I do think Godfather II is the better made film. It's quite an ambitious picture, and the way the story comes together along with the masterful juxtaposition of the two narratives - the rise of the father, and fall of the son, both at the same ages, is so skillfully crafted, that I believe pound for pound it's the better made film. The production values, cinematography are also elevated. They look marvelous on blu ray. Damn, they're so good! They are perfect 10's. No question. Now I feel like watching it.
Pacino I > Pacino II
Brando I > Deniro II
No James Caan in II.

Reactions: Dank Bank
You said this. Not Charlie. And it's just not true. Again, I don't necessarily disagree with the overall theme, but the facts-free world is a pet peeve of mine and it undermines the rest of the discussion.
I was wrong. The 2014 group was solid.

Holy Moly! Tell it like it is, Ketch! Whaddya think you are, a Texan!?
#1. It's Buechele! No theory, no ifs, ands, buts or living in the land of Oz! Love it!

#2 needed to be said. Enuff cat jokes, Bedford. Either start coaching or start packing! The defense has been a joke, and an embarrassing one at that, under his tutelage. He should've better, lack of elite players be damned.

No, tell him that his DC isn't on the hot seat.

The 2014 defense was solid.
Almost certainly better than "solid," but fair enough.

Interesting to ponder whether there's a defensive showing this season that would be poor enough to get Bedford canned while also not being poor enough to get Strong himself shown the door. The potential "promote BJM or lose him" dynamic makes it even interesting-er.

FYI, I corrected the sentence that a few objected to, from three straight to second straight.

I was wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT