ADVERTISEMENT

Not impressed by ou

The game vs West Virginia will depend on turnovers. Texas has short field twice from turnovers. Texas Tech was the two of the same. Turnovers might decide the game. I don’t think the OU defense gets turnovers very often.

So only Texas is the beneficiary of turnovers and they wouldn't be any good if not for them? OU never gets them and is far superior. Got it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Scholz
The difference is what OU is playing for. OU will play and beat wvu, and win or lose, they'll still have something nice to play for afterwards. tx is trying to avoid being in another taxslayer.com type of awesome bowl

Heisennberg you're just like Belldozer. You can't be objecrive when it comes to OK. OK will not beat WV this year and your defense is mediocre. Your offense will not bail you out in Morgantown not this time.

Heisennberg you're just like Belldozer. You can't be objecrive when it comes to OK. OK will not beat WV this year and your defense is mediocre. Your offense will not bail you out in Morgantown not this time.
Thank you Great Kreskin for your bold predictions. You also guaranteed Love would win the Heisman. You May need to get that crystal ball looked at and get it re-calibrated, Im always objective when it comes to OU. How many times have you seen me make comments about our defense not being very good? I did however point out that our defense is now ranked higher than yours.

Thank you Great Kreskin for your bold predictions. You also guaranteed Love would win the Heisman. You May need to get that crystal ball looked at and get it re-calibrated, Im always objective when it comes to OU. How many times have you seen me make comments about our defense not being very good? I did however point out that our defense is now ranked higher than yours.
Weren't you a Rodney Anderson for Heisman guy...

Weren't you a Rodney Anderson for Heisman guy...
i absolutely said I thought Anderson had a chance to be in the discussion. His name started making potential Heisman lists and injury took him out. To be very clear and precise ASURAM I never said Anderson would win the Heisman and that the Heisman was his to lose. Do you see the difference there my friend? . If you have a quote from me otherwise I’d love to see it.

Our defense is understandably bad because of how many injuries we've had, especially in the secondary.

And let’s not forget you guaranteed TCU would beat OU and win the conference. I also predicted to you right here on this board that OU would spank TCU just as they did twice last year. Patterson’s defense is Big 12 good but has. O offense.

i absolutely said I thought Anderson had a chance to be in the discussion. His name started making potential Heisman lists and injury took him out. To be very clear and precise ASURAM I never said Anderson would win the Heisman and that the Heisman was his to lose. Do you see the difference there my friend? . If you have a quote from me otherwise I’d love to see it.
Not going to waste my time looking for a post, but I thought you said he would win, if not no biggie!

And let’s not forget you guaranteed TCU would beat OU and win the conference. I also predicted to you right here on this board that OU would spank TCU just as they did twice last year. Patterson’s defense is Big 12 good but has. O offense.

You're mistaken me for another poster homeboy. I never picked TCU to beat OK.

No, we’re all aware of that now but not what was I was told earlier in the year when I opined that your defense wasn’t very good, but it was good enough in the RRS to win, no doubt. Come talk to you about what? Y’all gave up a ton of yards and points to WV? With your remark you seem to be under the impression that you beat WV? You didn’t
I’ve never once said our defense was good at anytime this year.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict 63 - 60 West Virginia over OU next week. 1,400 yards of total offense.

Kyler throws for 6 TDs . . . Will gets 7.:eek:

Without Kyler Oklahoma is middle of the pack in the big 12. 10-1 without a defense. The best thing is the defensive staff will be new in 2019.

When you're 9/1 and ranked in the top ten, on a championship run with decent defense and you don't get it done you dont deserve to be in the Big XII title game. WV had a 17 point lead. I don't care if they beat us I don't respect a team who had all that going for them and still lost.

Obviously firing Mike Stoops didn't fix the problems. I don't see OU beating WVU next week on the road.
It will be interesting no doubt. We played the game with one rb yesterday after a Sermon went out . Sermon is a big part of our offense, we need him healthy. Our defense, good grief, who knows

Haha ok our defense still looks stupid but it does not negate the fact or the accuracy of my post you were referring to.

Bell, OU does not have a better defense than Texas. What your Sooner gave up to Kansas last night was inexcusable. Its looking like Texas vs WVU in the CCG, with OU on the outside looking in.

Reactions: Scholz
Bell, OU does not have a better defense than Texas. What your Sooner gave up to Kansas last night was inexcusable. Its looking like Texas vs WVU in the CCG, with OU on the outside looking in.
MM when the stats come out this week I’ll post them. The stats I posted are not anything I made up, that’s from an independent source. You u are right though, our defense looked stupid, not denying that.

I think the fact that our defense proves they still exist, while yours is still MIA proves stats can't be.....oh shit wait....Kansas just scored again! Lol
Well in all fairness I think OU realizes there’s a problem, that’s kind of why we fired our DC midway through the season. Ruffin is a fill in from what I hear.

College football stats is up to the current week. Texas is ranked higher in scoring defense, rushing defense, and passing defense. ou has allowed less field goals.

Reactions: LonghornMM
College football stats is up to the current week. Texas is ranked higher in scoring defense, rushing defense, and passing defense. ou has allowed less field goals.
Here are the rankings, not sure if it’s the latest like you say, looks like it’s thru Nov 16, 2018 but it has OU at No. 80 and Texas at No. 85 for total defense. So who knows. At this point it’s arguing semantics and instead of arguing whose is better the argument should be that both are pretty pathetic but on any given day one played worse than the other. As a fan, I thought our defense looked awful yesterday and I certainly not arguing that our defense is good. At least we’re not 100 like we were but we’re not that far removed from it.https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p2

Last edited:
Texas’ defense is much better than OU, it’s retarded to try and argue otherwise. UT has been very banged up the last few weeks but would be healthy in the big 12 championship game

Here are the rankings, not sure if it’s the latest like you say, looks like it’s thru Nov 16, 2018 but it has OU at No. 80 and Texas at No. 85 for total defense. So who knows. At this point it’s arguing semantics and instead of arguing whose is better the argument should be that both are pretty pathetic but on any given day one played worse than the other. As a fan, I thought our defense looked awful yesterday and I certainly not arguing that our defense is good. At least we’re not 100 like we were but we’re not that far removed from it.https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p2

I use CFB stats

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/25354/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

Fans of teams that visit other teams sites must not have a very good life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT