ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Putting 2015 to bed, on to 2016!)

Wait. Did I miss an update on Merrick where he was good with gray shirting and sitting out till 2016?

Originally posted by Ketchum:
Another dynamic weapon in the mold of a Soso Jamabo or Ronald ones would have sent this position grade to the moon, l
For such a simple name everyone sure misspells it. Ronald ones, Roland Jones
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/15 10:34 PM by TIKT B8

Why can't Merrick just walk-on this summer and pay his way this summer/fall before going on scholarship?

Sorry Ketch but just watched Boyhood and I'm baffled on why it is getting the love it is getting. I think the idea of filming the movie over a 15yr timeline is awesome but the actual movie itself was pretty bland and flat.

And this coming from a guy who enjoys good character development.

Children are a blessing, and I'm really happy for you and your wife that Hendrix is doing so much better. Beautiful kids man, and excellent stuff in this week's column.

2016 recruiting season is gonna be another wild ride, that's for sure.

Nice write up Ketch, but I do agree with Durant, the National Sportswriters do write
basically what they want about players, even though some things might not be true.
All writes are not like that, but I would say the majority rules in this case.

Ketch - I had a few rude Liverpool comments all ready to go but the update re your kids completely defused that bomb. I'm helpless against cuteness. Congratulations on such a good looking pair of toddlers... Hook'em

#7) Basketball

OK, we evened our conference record at 6-6 and moved into a 6th place tie with Baylor in the nation's deepest conference. This is not anything to get excited about. There is still a very good possibility we won't make the NCAA tourny. The horns(17-8) only did what they were supposed to do with their win against Tech(we just finished beating the 3 worse teams in the league).

6 games remaining. 5 against teams ahead of or even with them in the standings. Texas is ranked 31st in the NCAA RPI - another word, 7th among the Big 12 teams. No matter what the homers say, we are closer to the NCAA bubble than anyone cares to admit.

Willing to bet we need to win 3 more games to make the NCAA tournament(2 might do it). They better step their game up.

Cute kids Ketch! Great breakdown as well! Let's hope Charlie can get some more studs in this class

Breakdown: Ketch,

I see at least one/two receivers/db's leave the program for 2016. The other positions that might loose a player I believe comes from OL,LB and maybe DE.

Awesome kids, sounds like Haven will watch over Hendrix.
happy.r191677.gif

Originally posted by LiveattheOasis:
Realistic to think we pull those 3 DBs and those three DTs? I'll have what you're drinking Ketch.
Realistic? Well, it's a realistic dream class.

Originally posted by longhornmjc:
great to have your weekend thoughts back i missed it last week. Your kids look great i have 2 kids who are adults now but 3 years apart i cant imagine having to keep up with 2 at the same time that is going to be a lot of fun.
Just think in a few years they start school together than they are both teenagers together they both start dating at the same time they both start driving at the same time wow do i need to continue. Ketch you are in for quite a ride good luck
a. Thanks, good to be back. The bug whipped me last week.

b. Thanks, I'm going to need it. Haven will be the end of me.

Re: Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Putting 2015 to bed, on to

Originally posted by Jonathon Mox:
Not that anymore needs to be said about how awful our oline is, but of the 11 on scholarship, 2 are good/ok, 3 are awful, and 6 are yet to be seen. Let's hope and pray these young guys come up quickly.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
The OL is still a big ol' mess. That 2014 group needs to produce something.

if we are unsuccessful in bringing in another qb over the spring/summer will Merrick be on the team this fall?

Originally posted by Flash1978:
I'll be really surprised if the 2016 class has three running backs. And if he can get his grades in order, I think Rakeem Boyd will be in the mix.
Typically, you replace what is lost in a class and with three backs going out, it would make sense.

Probably depends on what some of the younger guys do.

Pardon me, but don't you owe us 20 thoughts?????

Originally posted by deserthorn1955:
Ketch, so we don't sign any Ps or PKs in 2016?
I think those players should always be non-scholarship unless you find what you believe to be a special player.

Originally posted by PCHorn:

Best Actress (based on the movies that I have actually seen)

1. Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl)
You were doing so well right up until this.
a. Pike was awesome in this role and absolutely made the movie.

b. I haven't seen Still Alice because it hasn't come out in theaters in Austin. but I expect Julianne Moore to win.

Originally posted by longhornmjc:
great to have your weekend thoughts back i missed it last week. Your kids look great i have 2 kids who are adults now but 3 years apart i cant imagine having to keep up with 2 at the same time that is going to be a lot of fun.
Just think in a few years they start school together than they are both teenagers together

they both start driving at the same time ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

wow do i need to continue. Ketch you are in for quite a ride good luck
Can't tell if serious.

Hendrix starts dating at 16.

Haven starts dating at 25.

Do you even hhave a daughter???

Originally posted by 1011marytime:
Springtime is the best EPL watching time. Should be a lot of fun.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
It feels like late October in college football. You can feel the intensity going up.

Great write-up, Ketch. Thanks for the update on the kiddos - really great to hear about Hendrix. Kids are really cute too.

What is Durant's rant in reference to? What is the back story here? Clearly I missed whatever happened to evoke that response.

If Kyler goes pro baseball, what % chance do you think we have at flipping Little?

Originally posted by ATX89:
Wait. Did I miss an update on Merrick where he was good with gray shirting and sitting out till 2016?
He did not sign on NSD and is not currently a member of the 2015 class.

Originally posted by TIKT B8:

Another dynamic weapon in the mold of a Soso Jamabo or Ronald ones would have sent this position grade to the moon, l
For such a simple name everyone sure misspells it. Ronald ones, Roland Jones
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/15 10:34 PM by TIKT B8
My J-key sucks.

Originally posted by Dal_Horn:
Why can't Merrick just walk-on this summer and pay his way this summer/fall before going on scholarship?
For a lot of kids, it's a matter of principles, others a cost issue.

Bottom line is that if he waits, his five-year clock doesn't start.

Each year Wickline and Strong should continue bringing in JUCO recruits at O-line and need positions. At minimum it creates competition and depth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT