Biggest non TX games this weekend

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Can be a lot of fun this Saturday going from channel to channel. Since LonghornMM said it was ok to talk about betting this can be more fun and talk about the spread thanks. Just going off the top of my head and going from east to west.

NC/ Clemson
tOSU/NB
TT/OK
KSU/OSU
AZS/CA
SC/WA

of course bring up other games and see who covers and who doesn't.

Can NC win? Well no but can they beat the spread? Why not?
I have NB in an upset
My surest pick is KSU/OSU because it goes with what I'm watching closely. KSU was off while OSU played TX. I'm going with the Cats on this one.
Keep an eye on CA they're the last unbeaten team in the Pac XII and they're currently ranked 15th.
I'm not sure yet on SC/WA
One negative thing about the Pac XII everybody beats everyone else.

So clob94 and LonghornMM what are the odds going into this Saturday?

I have 2 more games to add

ST/ORSU perhaps the 2 worst teams in the Pac XII. ORSU has had 2 weeks to get ready for this game. ST was embarrassed on national tv plus they have to go on the road. This is ORSU big chance to win a conference game and ST season is falling apart.

ISU/Baylor somebody, anybody, has to challenge TX or OK don't they?

As an OU fan, other than Horns, most concerned with Iowa State/Baylor so really hope to catch that game. Saw KSU play Miss State. Good D. But not too worried. Will be surprised if Cats beat OSU.

As an OU fan, other than Horns, most concerned with Iowa State/Baylor so really hope to catch that game. Saw KSU play Miss State. Good D. But not too worried. Will be surprised if Cats beat OSU.

Neither ISU or Baylor has been impressive. Baylor almost lost to Rice over the weekend. ISU is lost without the RB and WR they lost from last year. I would put OSU firmly in 3rd in the B12 and possibly KSU 4th.

Some decent games this week

Tech at ou: Ou rolls on in early game

Aggy at arky: kind of interesting. Both programs goong sideways.

Clemson at NC: many may think upset, but Mack will get a beat down.

Virginia at ND. Va is 4-0, but will lise to domers.

KU at TCU: interesting only because KU is winning a little with Les Miles. I think TCU wins by lil’ bit

USC at Washington. Tricky game. Everybody is treating usc like they are 0-4 (including me). I think they actually win

KSU at OSU. Osu rolls

UNT at Houston: Interesting to me only because their starting QB King decided to redshirt after 4th game along with a receiver. Insists he will return to UH. Will see what Holgersen and team do.

I give Corn a shot at an outright win. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I think that they do at least cover the +17-1/2.

I have 2 more games to add

ST/ORSU perhaps the 2 worst teams in the Pac XII. ORSU has had 2 weeks to get ready for this game. ST was embarrassed on national tv plus they have to go on the road. This is ORSU big chance to win a conference game and ST season is falling apart.

ISU/Baylor somebody, anybody, has to challenge TX or OK don't they?
HUGE game in Waco. A lot of Baptists are expecting 9-10 wins this year. OU and UT are at home - both will be extremely tough. KSU, OSU and TCU are all on the road. We HAVE to win this game if we are going anywhere this season. The oddsmakers don't believe in the Bears - ISU favored by 3.

HUGE game in Waco. A lot of Baptists are expecting 9-10 wins this year. OU and UT are at home - both will be extremely tough. KSU, OSU and TCU are all on the road. We HAVE to win this game if we are going anywhere this season. The oddsmakers don't believe in the Bears - ISU favored by 3.
Man, diadevic, I don’t think they will get the win or even come close to covering. I hope for your sake they can win it, but it will be tough.

Man, diadevic, I don’t think they will get the win or even come close to covering. I hope for your sake they can win it, but it will be tough.

But you know westx the IA game showed that as much as ISU has climbed since Matt Campbell came to Ames, they seem to have a mindset that says were ISU were not supposed to do this and they end up losing usually by 5 points or less. The Alamo Bowl and this years IA are proof of that. The game is in Waco and last year's game got really nasty real quick. Dyk the Baylor qb got ejected. Wth? You never kick qbs out of a game. So what I'm going to watch is this year's is as nasty as last years .The point spread is about right. We'll see.

PS diadevic what's with all these uniform changes at Baylor? And they change every week. They're as bad as OR. Why can't they dress in their school colors?

Sure am enjoying Stanford's struggles. I hope this is just the beginning. They've been recruiting kryptonite for us in the past several years for talented players with strong academic achievement (OL above all). Hopefully a few 5-7 seasons will put a healthy dent in that.

But you know westx the IA game showed that as much as ISU has climbed since Matt Campbell came to Ames, they seem to have a mindset that says were ISU were not supposed to do this and they end up losing usually by 5 points or less. The Alamo Bowl and this years IA are proof of that. The game is in Waco and last year's game got really nasty real quick. Dyk the Baylor qb got ejected. Wth? You never kick qbs out of a game. So what I'm going to watch is this year's is as nasty as last years .The point spread is about right. We'll see.

PS diadevic what's with all these uniform changes at Baylor? And they change every week. They're as bad as OR. Why can't they dress in their school colors?
Good point, but Baylor came off of a bye week and struggled with Rice. They also don’t have any good wins because of a weak schedule. We will soon see.

Sure am enjoying Stanford's struggles. I hope this is just the beginning. They've been recruiting kryptonite for us in the past several years for talented players with strong academic achievement (OL above all). Hopefully a few 5-7 seasons will put a healthy dent in that.

Same here. I like and respect Shaw, but can't stand their fanbase and their idealogy.

Well, it is going to be an interesting weekend. Surprisingly, Duke beats the hell out of Virginia Tech 45-10. I figured Penn St would beat Maryland, but, they are winning 38-0 and still have the whole 4th quarter to go.

Same here. I like and respect Shaw, but can't stand their fanbase and their idealogy.

I agree with you on the first two but I don't know what you mean by ideology. There have been more than a few conservative Republicans to come out of Stanford.

Now as far as their fanbase goes Stanford is one of those rare schools that has at least 1 home game against a blue blood every year. One year it's SC the other year it's ND. And they still don't sellout. About 15 years ago they downsized their stadium to 50,000 to no avail. There's a perception that Pac XII fans are a white wine crowd and that's simply not true. It's only true as it relates to Stanford. They're an insufferable we went to ST and you didn't kind of crowd. Everyone in the Pac XII hates ST fans. There's no doubt that David Shaw is better than 1/3. he's proven it.

Signed a contract with Nike and now they control. Fans don’t like it - Oregon yellow instead of Baylor gold, ridiculous looking bear logo, etc. but hey - at least we got paid.

Signed a contract with Nike and now they control. Fans don’t like it - Oregon yellow instead of Baylor gold, ridiculous looking bear logo, etc. but hey - at least we got paid.
Did Ok. St. sign a deal with someone too? Their uniforms and helmet are looking worse each year

Reactions: diadevic
Yes, but 98% are probably whacko libs though.
I'm pretty well acquainted with Stanford as I have family who attended both Cal and Stanford. While they might be conservative when compared to Cal, this is a matter of degree. The faculty there leans left and the administration does as well. Just not as batsh*t crazy left as their rivals across the Bay. Stanfurd maintains a veneer of conservative bona fides by hosting the Hoover Institution which is actually an impressive think-tank for public and foreign policy. I read and watch their releases whenever I can.

They tell me that the 3rd time is always the charm but Riley says "don't forget about my first 2 times". I feel like I'm watching history being made with Hurts.

They tell me that the 3rd time is always the charm but Riley says "don't forget about my first 2 times". I feel like I'm watching history being made with Hurts.
Well if they award the Heisman for playing NCAA Football '19 on your XboX while throwing down pizza and wings, then by all means, give it Hurts already. There's probably some gaming geeks at Tech who have seen more competition than he has this year....

Reactions: westx
Well if they award the Heisman for playing NCAA Football '19 on your XboX while throwing down pizza and wings, then by all means, give it Hurts already. There's probably some gaming geeks at Tech who have seen more competition than he has this year....
No, I totally agree, we should wait to handout hardware I was just opining that it seems like "It's" happening.

Nice win by Baylor. I also thought the all green uniforms looked good.

I can't help but laugh at Branson Bragg and Walker Little being stuck on such a bad team. Little's dad was such an arrogant pos.

I know they're not related but Adrian Martinez, the Husker qb looks every bit the suck that Taylor Martinez was for them. Oh and Chris Fowler is awful

tOSU is near the very top of my hate list, but I wouldn't mind seeing them go over 50 in Lincoln. Hope their new coach doesn't let up until the clock reads 0:00.

If Hurts gets the Heisman then its a fixed award with money and influence being paid by OU under some Trailer Park tree somewhere, I mean what are the odds? After the Bush deal, I knew it was a fixed deal...The USC QB winning it then next yr the RB Bush, there's a whole lotta money being passed around in the NCAA for bribes and blackmail....Like a FootballGate being committed at Hanks Trailer Court in Ardmore....LOL, if it wasn't for Texas Boys, OU would be another KState..if OU can pull a Big Red Motors deal why not a Heisman?

Judging by the box score Okst dominated Kstate on both sides of the ball:

Total yards 526 to 244
Hubbard went off for 296 yards on 25 carries.
T Wallace had 8 rec for 146 yards.

It makes me feel even better about last week.

Reactions: westx

Latest posts