ADVERTISEMENT

Colonoscopy week is upon us errrr me

3 is if they find a polyp. No polyp at the 3 year one it is 5 years to your next one.

That's why they told me to come back in three years. They found two or three non-cancerous polyps in me when the did my colonoscopy three years ago.

When they remove the polyps, are there any left over symptoms you gotta deal with. Like bleeding, clotting, pain...?
Shouldn't be many symptoms. No pain really, the inside of the colon doesn't have pain receptors, which is why colon cancer is painless early on. If it is causing pain, that is bad bad news. That is why we do colonoscopies for everyone, not based on symptoms like pain.

I just realized something. I am way too immature for this discussion. Every time someone asks a serious question I have a prison joke ready to write.

I just realized something. I am way too immature for this discussion. Every time someone asks a serious question I have a prison joke ready to write.
Just wait until it's your turn. I used to be that guy---- making butt hole jokes and fart jokes and prison rape jokes.

Then one day a dude in a white coat says "welp, it's about time for you to get starfish pushed in...".

Then all the sudden those jokes aren't funny anymore.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I keep hearing adverts for virtual colonoscopies.... are these doable and are they reliable?

When they remove the polyps, are there any left over symptoms you gotta deal with. Like bleeding, clotting, pain...?

There shouldn't be any of those issues. I had some bleeding for about three days afterwards, which really concerned me. Turns out, the issue was the area in my colon where they removed the polyps wasn't healing as fast as it should have. What caused this issue and the bleeding was that I was taking my 81mg baby asprin, which thins the blood. I stopped taking it for a few days and the bleeding stopped. After that, I resumed the baby asprin and all is well.

I keep hearing adverts for virtual colonoscopies.... are these doable and are they reliable?
Might be the way things go eventually but it's certainly not mainstream at this point. Major changes in medicine happen very slowly (which can be good and bad at the same time). I'm sure the GI docs will not be happy about this if it means they are no longer doing routine colonoscopies.

Reading this thread reminds of the angst I felt prior to my 2nd penile reduction surgery. Luckily it worked out fine and hopefully a 3rd won't be necessary but I'm not holding my breath.

Had my consultation doctor visit this Tuesday. I'm scheduled for my colonoscopy on 9/19. Gotta do it every three years after they have found polyps. The prep sucks. Magnesium citrate is NOT your friend!

Had my consultation doctor visit this Tuesday. I'm scheduled for my colonoscopy on 9/19. Gotta do it every three years after they have found polyps. The prep sucks. Magnesium citrate is NOT your friend!
Hoping you get a clean report and maybe can back off on the frequency!

Reactions: LonghornMM
That’s cutting it awfully close to a football Saturday

1xoWepp.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT