ADVERTISEMENT

Dear aggies

well....they already have their coach on the field.....I mean literally.....did you see the clip where the Auburn player had to run BETWEEN Jimbo and the sideline?...amazing

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
I'll say it - just part of one game, but Max Johnson looked as good if not better.

Surprised Weigman made it to the 4th game. His O-line did him zero favors, dude was always running for his life. Max is a good QB, but he's going to have the same problem. Not sure who is behind him.

That sucks for the Aggies. Never like to see guys get hurt. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out for them and see what happens with Jimbo.

That sucks for the Aggies. Never like to see guys get hurt. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out for them and see what happens with Jimbo.
Jimbo ain't going nowhere. 70+ million buyout. They threw all their chips in the pot on this guy. .if he can't get it done---- can't nobody get it done.

Guess what-- with over 100 million paid to Jimbo and 5 times that spent on that team and facilities- they are actually further away from winning that conference than they were when Jimbo was hired.

Reactions: MATF and freeper
Jimbo ain't going nowhere. 70+ million buyout. They threw all their chips in the pot on this guy. .if he can't get it done---- can't nobody get it done.
Guess what-- with over 100 million paid to Jimbo and 5 times that spent on that team and facilities- they are actually further away from winning that conference than they were when Jimbo was hired.
If Jimbo has a 7-5 type of year and Texas goes to the playoffs, guaranteed the big Aggies wont allow themselves to be outshined by Texas. They will spend whatever it takes to get another hot shot coach.

Reactions: DHHorn

If Jimbo has a 7-5 type of year and Texas goes to the playoffs, guaranteed the big Aggies wont allow themselves to be outshined by Texas. They will spend whatever it takes to get another hot shot coach.
I think you give them too much credit. The buyout is 77 million after this year and roughly 9 million less each year after that.

Here's why I don't think they will do what you're suggesting.

The old guard at a&m is dying off. It was the old guard that convinced the new "army" to go all in on Jimbo. They literally wagered their very "spirit and future" on this guy. If he doesn't work, the new "army" will look st the old guard and say "well fvck that. You were wrong. No more big dollars from us."

Old guard aggy can't do this on their own. They need that new money. And the new money ppl are just emotionally not committed. They have reduced themselves emotionally to being fine being a middle of the pack team.

Think about it. A&M hasn't seen repeated success on the football field since the late 80s early 90s.
This ppl donating money today spent their college years watching Texas beat the living sh!t out of them and play for national titles. They have but 1 fond season memory to cherish-- Johnny Football's Heisman year.

That's it. Other than that-- they are middle of the pack.
Jimbo was the 1 homerun ball the old ags were able to convince the young ags to back.
When he doesn't work out-- the young ags will toss in the towel and be happy to be the South Carolina of the SEC west.

really, I dont get it. Yeah,yeah, Jimbo won a Natty at FSU...ONE....when he had that once in a lifetime QB. That puts him in the same boat as Gene Chizik...Coach O at LSU , and a few other one and done coaches that are no longer top coaches. After Winston left FSU, Jimbo went to hell. He took a team that ,if I am not mistaken, was ranked in the Top 5 in the AP preseason poll and coached them to a losing record before walking away from the team with 2 games yet to play. I never heard of ANY coach simply quitting on his team like that.

I think he is likely a good to fair coach with some quit in him so why in hell aggy brought him in with a contract that even Jimbo would not quit on is beyond me.

I have a hunch they're going to be better then we think. Their defense is pretty good and they will beat Arkansas this week. Arkansas has one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen. Stewart and Smith are a good receiver duo. Their loss to Miami doesn't look so bad now. And I know it's early but I don't think the SEC will dominate this year.

After 66 games:

Kevin Sumlin, 44-22

Jimbo Fisher, 43-23

Records vs Bama:

Sumlin: 1-5

Jimbo: 1-5
Ya, go to Texags and take a peek. Many there know they have been taken by a snake oil salesman. I doubt there will be many takers when the hat gets passed around.

Reactions: MATF
Also, Aggy now has only 1 loss on the year since Haynes King is now the starting QB at Georgia Tech and they beat Miami yesterday. Him being a former Aggy starter overrides the actual loss on the field to Miami earlier in the season.

Fun fact: Something Jimbo Bryant hasn’t done at A&M is win a road game against a ranked opponent. He hasn't done it since 2016 while at F$U.

What are the odds he breaks that streak this year with
@Tenn
@ole Miss
@LSU
left on the schedule?

Reactions: MATF
8 straight road losses for Aggie. Jimbo hasn’t won a road game since Oct-2021 @ Mizzou.

No need to freak out. Aggies played hard and barely lost on the road. Just need to execute better. Jimbo needs a few more years to get his guys in there. Pay the man!!

8 straight road losses for Aggie. Jimbo hasn’t won a road game since Oct-2021 @ Mizzou.

No need to freak out. Aggies played hard and barely lost on the road. Just need to execute better. Jimbo needs a few more years to get his guys in there. Pay the man!!
HEAR HEAR

How pathetic is it that....aggy's loss and meltdown on texags is the most I've smiled in a week about college football...lol

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT