ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (2016 Buechele better than 2006 McCoy?)

Assuming that the reason this decision is being made in the presidents office, which we all know is true. @Ketchum I need to be careful making sure patients that I take care of get the care they need and in the right way.
Being careful talking about my school that I've given over 7 figures to since 1992 is not really necessary. Understand who you're talking to.
I'd still be careful assuming.

verb (used with object), assumed, assuming.
to take for granted or without proof:
to assume that everyone wants peace.

I think what everyone forgets when considering what mods have been told by their sources is that often times these sources are also just making an educated guess. I'm doubtful that any of the mods on any site have any no shit level one sources. They talk to BMDs, past players, maybe a couple of mid level administrators, but I don't believe for one second that they are getting information directly from Fenves, Perrin or any of their closest confidants.
We're really better at our jobs than you believe.

What is wrong with these so-called higher ups? Are they really that satisfied being mediocre and letting this program stay that way for the next 5 to 7 years?

We're really better at our jobs than you believe.
I didn't think I was being overly critical of you or your team, that certainly wasn't my intent. Maybe you talk with Fenves and Perrin every week, and I'm just underestimating who you guys are connected with.

Do you disagree with the notion that the sources you guys speak with are just giving you their best guesses at the time of your discussion based on what they are hearing? If that wasn't the case then how would the conversation change from 8-4 to 7-5 to maybe 6-6 will do it? I'm glad you guys report what your sources tell you (it's a big reason why I've been on OB for six years), but I take all of that reporting with a grain of salt because I know things change week to week.

I didn't think I was being overly critical of you or your team, that certainly wasn't my intent. Maybe you talk with Fenves and Perrin every week, and I'm just underestimating who you guys are connected with.

Do you disagree with the notion that the sources you guys speak with are just giving you their best guesses at the time of your discussion based on what they are hearing? If that wasn't the case then how would the conversation change from 8-4 to 7-5 to maybe 6-6 will do it? I'm glad you guys report what your sources tell you (it's a big reason why I've been on OB for six years), but I take all of that reporting with a grain of salt because I know things change week to week.
I think when you're reporting in real time in uncertainty, everything will remain fluid until the end.

1. The goal was never 7 wins. The over/under for wins was 7.5 and most took the under.

2. Buechele has been great and yet the team is .500 against a ragged schedule.

3. Youth is the excuse. Poor preparation, in-game management and at times the ability to **** has been the reason more than anything else.

This team is only close to almost being slightly above average against very average comp.

Also a couple of the wins are just fool's gold. We should have never beaten Baylor and in hindsight, really not that special about 3 point victory over ND(it was exciting at the time).

Ok, I'm probably on the 6-6 he's gone train after talking to some people today.

ill_allow_it_community.gif

1. The goal was never 7 wins. The over/under for wins was 7.5 and most took the under.

2. Buechele has been great and yet the team is .500 against a ragged schedule.

3. Youth is the excuse. Poor preparation, in-game management and at times the ability to **** has been the reason more than anything else.

This team is only close to almost being slightly above average against very average comp.
I'm not saying that 7 was a goal at all, but after looking at the realities of this team before the season, you guys determined that it was a 7 (or 8) win team. Not sure if that included the bowl game but I suspect so.

Shane has been "good" and "better than we thought", but certainly not great. If he was great, then he'd be one of the 2 or 3 best quarterbacks in the Big XII right??? Right now if he ranks better than 5th in our 10 league conference I'd be surprised....so that's average. If he could do something with his feet, that would be a great improvement. He's young and the future is bright, but he's not there right now.

Not sure how you can definitively make the argument that this team is poorly prepared. If the defense performed much better in Year 1 of the CS era with experienced talent on D, doesn't it correlate that an inexperienced talented D would under-perform??? Also, hasn't the coaching on D gotten MUCH better the last few weeks now that Strong has taken the reigns??

The in-game management criticisms are just the usual Monday morning quarterbacking (i.e hindsight is 20/20). I can recall one bad game where he made a few bad decisions IMO (I believe it was Oklahoma St.), but in no way have I thought he's made any decision that has cost us a game.

I can easily see a BIG leap next year where we should be competing for the Big XII title.

I've never rooted against Texas, but it appears that pulling for TCU to win is in the best interest of the program. The difference between 6-6 & 7-5 is minimal at best. The difference between Charlie Strong and Tom Herman is huge.

I'm not saying that 7 was a goal at all, but after looking at the realities of this team before the season, you guys determined that it was a 7 (or 8) win team. Not sure if that included the bowl game but I suspect so.

Shane has been "good" and "better than we thought", but certainly not great. If he was great, then he'd be one of the 2 or 3 best quarterbacks in the Big XII right??? Right now if he ranks better than 5th in our 10 league conference I'd be surprised....so that's average. If he could do something with his feet, that would be a great improvement. He's young and the future is bright, but he's not there right now.

Not sure how you can definitively make the argument that this team is poorly prepared. If the defense performed much better in Year 1 of the CS era with experienced talent on D, doesn't it correlate that an inexperienced talented D would under-perform??? Also, hasn't the coaching on D gotten MUCH better the last few weeks now that Strong has taken the reigns??

The in-game management criticisms are just the usual Monday morning quarterbacking (i.e hindsight is 20/20). I can recall one bad game where he made a few bad decisions IMO (I believe it was Oklahoma St.), but in no way have I thought he's made any decision that has cost us a game.

I can easily see a BIG leap next year where we should be competing for the Big XII title.
I'm not sure we are watching the same team. There are numerous examples of piss poor game management decisions that are not even close to MMQ decisions.

This team has been poorly prepared in multiple games this year. With Cal being the most glaring example.

Shane has been far from average. You need to get some perspective here.

Team win goal rarely and should never include a bowl game unless the goal clearly states that. i.e. 9 wins including bowl game.

8 or 10 spots? below teams with two losses?

Depends who the losses were to, right?

Who did Michigan lose to? Iowa...who lost to North Dakota, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Penn State

OSU lost to Penn State (who lost to Pitt and Michigan)
Louisville (lost to Clemson)
Clemson (lost to Pitt...who lost to Oklahoma State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Miami)
Wisconsin (lost to Michigan and Ohio State)
Washington (lost to USC...who lost to Alabama, Stanford, and Utah)

mouth off or express articulated thought?

I suppose it depends on the perspective, like so many other things.

It is poor judgment for a coach at a public university to make highly partisan, very controversial political remarks at any time. It was even more inappropriate in today's highly polarized environment. It was also totally unnecessary with some much political chatter already filling the airways.

I didn't attack Haines.

Uh, OK. I suppose that means we need to define the meaning of "is".
What good does it do to continually publicly bash this kid? He is a senior. We have two more games. Let him play his two more games without the continual drumbeat. Maybe you thought you could get him to quit, transfer or commit suicide earlier in the year, and that would force CS to play someone else. With two games left, the continual bashing is just classless. That is all I am trying to get across. It was Bedford and then CS's decision to play him this year. Direct the invective towards them. They will both be gone soon, just like Dylan. He made a couple of missed coverages last week, but he did make two interceptions. The WV game was certainly a game in which he was an overall positive influence on the game. Lets just leave it at that.

I really did like the rest of the column. Good work.

I predicted it would start 2-3 and Charlie wouldn't survive. Eventual seven game winner. Seven wins were never a goal, just a painful reality.

Texas has its second-best quarterback play in a decade and a Heisman candidate at running back and it is 5-5.

Not sure how you can definitively make the argument that this team is poorly prepared.

R
ecord doesn't speak for itself, huh?

Linky.

I'm actually sensing that you can't see anything easily as it relates to this football program.

Ok, I'm probably on the 6-6 he's gone train after talking to some people today.
Ketch - What happened to your 8 win and he stays thoughts? Is not having a new AD a problem in making a move? 7-5 with this schedule is not impressive. Lastly, recruiting will be very average if CS stays.

Depends who the losses were to, right?

Who did Michigan lose to? Iowa...who lost to North Dakota, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Penn State

OSU lost to Penn State (who lost to Pitt and Michigan)
Louisville (lost to Clemson)
Clemson (lost to Pitt...who lost to Oklahoma State, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Miami)
Wisconsin (lost to Michigan and Ohio State)
Washington (lost to USC...who lost to Alabama, Stanford, and Utah)
You putting Michigan, a team that has been arguably the second-most dominant team of the season, behind all of those teams?

Reactions: michael mck
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT