ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (3 things Shane can do to be like Colt)

That's 261 yrds/gm, 1.9 TDs and almost an INT a game with probably 90 snaps per game.

I've looked at all of Gilbert's QBs at Tulsa, Bowling Green and NIU...most put up numbers above that. I also looked at Stidham's numbers at Baylor in his two complete games, he's the best comparison since he was a true freshman last year.

You are telling me he can't get 1,000 more yards, 12 more TDs and 4 percentage points better (comp%) than Swoopes did two years ago in a Watson offense with the worst offensive line in Texas football history?
FIFY. And I agree. I think he can.

Reactions: GetOffMyDitka
Don't disagree, but I have a 3-blocked punt NCSU game, two OU blowouts, and a Colorado Big 12 championship game, among others, etched on my memory as huge "stinkers" from the early 2000s. Maybe because we had a lot more to lose back then.
well, yeah, Texas didn't run the table every year.

If Shane matches or betters my numbers (including the bowl game) then you write a bonus 11th TFWeekend at the end of the season noting my prediction coming true..
you're not the only one making big predictions.

"As a Cowboys fan, I’m already resigned to the fact that 2016 is going to be painful. I see very little reason for hope."

Ketch, to your knowledge, does Rolando McClain have naked pictures of Jerry? If ever a guy was trying to get cut it's RM. He's virtually the only notable player that didn't work out with the team. He shows up to mini-camp out of shape. The coaches were furious. He gets suspended for 10 games. He no shows to the team flight and apparently is AWOL.

AND STILL.... He remains on the roster. Based on what I've inferred from various readings, Jerry is the reason they don't cut him. When the league announced he was suspended for 10 games, the Cowboys should've cut him 5 minutes later. But they didn't because they have an incompetent, narcissistic, ego-maniacal fool for a General Manager.

I've been a die hard Cowboys fans since 1992, and frankly I'm almost at a my breaking point. They'll never win I'm afraid as long as that man runs this organization the way he does. Stephen needs to take the car keys away from the old man. Garrett should show some balls every so often and publicly voice his displeasure ala Bill Parcells (groceries). Enough is enough!
It's going to be like this forever.

Reactions: LnghrnObsrvtry
@Ketchum - good info but I thought Texas was in good shape with Walker Little. He could be the last part to Texas having a dominating offensive line soon.
Texas is in good shape with Little. I'm just not sure they land him in February. Could be a bridesmaid situation.

I like your list. Though, I could see Houston getting 8 votes from the standpoint that the non-Texas Big 12 schools want another reason to be in Texas.
That is not the way some of the schools outside of Texas view it.

All 200 mile stretches are not created equal. Besides it's much closer to Boston than NYC. Staying in Boston for a game at UConn would be the equivalent of staying in Chicago for the Notre Dame game. Very doable. That would be a great road trip.
I agree. It's proximity to multiple positive road trips sweeteners is part of its lure.

Reactions: acush
Keep an eye on for Foster Sarell, the OT who's 247's #1 prospect in the nation. He could end up at Stanford which would pretty much lock of Little to Texas in my eyes barring a meltdown of a season.
what about just an average season?

what about just an average season?
Is there more context to this question? I think we have a great shot at Little and Browning with the type of season that makes it appear that Strong's job is no longer in trouble because it's obvious the next season will have a really good team.

I am liking the sound of Collin looking even better. He will get better with every play. Even more excited about the possibility of a heard package.

you're not the only one making big predictions.
My knee-jerk reaction for Shane's numbers this season were on par with yours until I started looking at the rushing and passing numbers for Gilbert's Offenses, Stidham (Freshman @ Baylor) and also Baker Mayfileld's states for his freshman year at Texas Tech.

I will say that injury is a concern, but that's a trump card argument when discussing sports statistics. I will also note, that my stats projection includes a bowl game (13th).

well, yeah, Texas didn't run the table every year.
Because we were only expected to get about 10 wins per year, according to Mack's math. Yea, I drank a lot of that koolaid too.

Is there more context to this question? I think we have a great shot at Little and Browning with the type of season that makes it appear that Strong's job is no longer in trouble because it's obvious the next season will have a really good team.
Strong enters the season on a major jot seat if this team doesn't win eight or nine games.

Strong enters the season on a major jot seat if this team doesn't win eight or nine games.
I agree. Basically what I'm getting at is if Strong has a good enough season to where it's obvious he'll be here for a few more seasons I think we land Little and Browning. If he has a poor season and gets fired then I think we get Herman and who knows how recruiting goes? If there's a middle area to where Strong stays for another year but is essentially a dead man walking without a great season, then he better be able to recruit his ass off.

However the point of my original post was I think Little and Browning have a lower threshold of Strong wins than some other potential recruits like, say, Wilson. It's difficult to quantify though due to context.

ADVERTISEMENT