ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (8 words from PK that ring loud...)

... If the Phillies flame out in the National League, I want to see Dodgers and Padres in a 7-game series.

I thought I felt the same way af5erbthe Soto trade, but even with the new acquisitions the Dodgers absolutely own San Diego winning 17 of their last 19 meetings going back to last season.

All it would take is for the Padres to win one of the first two games and we'd have some potential real drama on our hands.,

Oh here we go with the lack of players excuse again. Bottom line is if the defense is horrible again this season, it is 100% on the coaches. In the age of the Portal, you can change out the players pretty quickly and successfully, if you know what you're doing. Ask Baylor or Michigan State or Arkansas or Ole Miss or any of the other teams that were horrible in 2020 and much improved in 2021.

Sark saw that there were issues at QB and WR and OL and TE and went out and definitively addressed those issues so that we're pretty sure that this offense will be marketly better in the near future. It's PKs job to do the same thing on defense or to at least coach the guys he has in a way that maximizes their talent. He can't just throw his hands in the air and complain about lacking players and keep his job, can he?

Reactions: FlipDouble
All it would take is for the Padres to win one of the first two games and we'd have some potential real drama on our hands.,
Actually I agree it's in their head at this s point.

I watched this series to see if the Padres could win 1 or 2 and flip the narrative going into the playoffs but that just didn't happen

Crazy that the 1984 defense fell off the map to a degree.
More than to a degree. However, they did lose about 10 defensive players to the 1984 draft, including 2 backups (Ray Woodard and Jitter Fields). When is the last time we had 8 starters and two backups drafted on defense?

He's a better developer.... on paper.
I don't understand the comment about having better players. Seems like that will piss his group off, or maybe that's what he is trying to do. He had good enough players to finish better than 100+ in defense.

Reactions: batmang
I don’t always agree with all of @Ketchum observations, however I will concur with him on Eva Cassidy! Voice of an angel most have never heard! Tragic loss of true talent. One clarification on Jamal Charles in that picture he went to Port Arthur Memorial not McAllen Memorial. That I’m almost 85% sure @Ketchum!😀

Oh here we go with the lack of players excuse again. Bottom line is if the defense is horrible again this season, it is 100% on the coaches. In the age of the Portal, you can change out the players pretty quickly and successfully, if you know what you're doing. Ask Baylor or Michigan State or Arkansas or Ole Miss or any of the other teams that were horrible in 2020 and much improved in 2021.

Sark saw that there were issues at QB and WR and OL and TE and went out and definitively addressed those issues so that we're pretty sure that this offense will be marketly better in the near future. It's PKs job to do the same thing on defense or to at least coach the guys he has in a way that maximizes their talent. He can't just throw his hands in the air and complain about lacking players and keep his job, can he?
It's Sark's job to make sure the defensive personnel is upgraded as well.

It's on him as much as PK.

Reactions: horns--21
More than to a degree. However, they did lose about 10 defensive players to the 1984 draft, including 2 backups (Ray Woodard and Jitter Fields). When is the last time we had 8 starters and two backups drafted on defense?

I don't understand the comment about having better players. Seems like that will piss his group off, or maybe that's what he is trying to do. He had good enough players to finish better than 100+ in defense.
I would think his boss agrees.

Reactions: DKinnamon
If there ever was a perfect voice, it was Eva’s. God let us have for a very short time then brought her home

I don’t always agree with all of @Ketchum observations, however I will concur with him on Eva Cassidy! Voice of an angel most have never heard! Tragic loss of true talent. One clarification on Jamal Charles in that picture he went to Port Arthur Memorial not McAllen Memorial. That I’m almost 85% sure @Ketchum!😀
That has been wrong in the database for... 17 years? Time to fix it.

why would I hate Messi?

I just don't care about PSG.
You never show the GOAT any love... I guess if he played for Liverpool you'd get a Messi tattoo because what he does on the pitch no one else can do.

If I knew how to post a video I would post his bicycle goal for all to praise (except for the Great Geoff Ketchum)!!!

:)

D’Shawn Jamison had 600 plus snaps. I’d say it time to test the waters with newer recruits. Jamison to me is more of a special teams player, not very elite as a CB.

You never show the GOAT any love... I guess if he played for Liverpool you'd get a Messi tattoo because what he does on the pitch no one else can do.

If I knew how to post a video I would post his bicycle goal for all to praise (except for the Great Geoff Ketchum)!!!

:)
I mentioned Messi when Liverpool came back and eliminated him in the CL a few years ago. ;)

It's Sark's job to make sure the defensive personnel is upgraded as well.

It's on him as much as PK.
I agree. And if this team doesn't win at least 8 games and the defense performs unacceptably bad this year, there will be major questions about Sark's job security too. Crying about lacking players won't cut it. There are a bunch of coaches who have shown that it doesn't take 4 or 5 years to turn around even the most dysfunctional programs.

As to be expected. Same for Card if we are being honest.
Completely agree, and beyond that, has Card even really had a chance to showcase his skills without running for his life the second he catches the snap? It's hard to know how good he'd be behind an even average OL.

always have, always will

Really? BYU did win an MNC. Teams win all the times with less talent. They may not win every game but that wasn’t the question or the statement.

Hell, everybodies favorite game, 2003 Big 12 championship. Does anybody think CO had more talent than Texas?

And the easiest game of all is 1996 Nebraska vs Texas. I am not sure Texas was more talented in any position than Nebraska was. Ok maybe 1 or 2. But in general, that Neb team was vastly better than the Texas team that lost to every ranked to it played that year along with a very bad OU team. The only ranked team it beat all year including the bowl game where they got shellacked by Penn St, was Neb in the big 12 CCG.

Really? BYU did win an MNC. Teams win all the times with less talent. They may not win every game but that wasn’t the question or the statement.

Hell, everybodies favorite game, 2003 Big 12 championship. Does anybody think CO had more talent than Texas?

And the easiest game of all is 1996 Nebraska vs Texas. I am not sure Texas was more talented in any position than Nebraska was. Ok maybe 1 or 2. But in general, that Neb team was vastly better than the Texas team that lost to every ranked to it played that year along with a very bad OU team. The only ranked team it beat all year including the bowl game where they got shellacked by Penn St, was Neb in the big 12 CCG.

Yes, upsets do occur.

I mentioned Messi when Liverpool came back and eliminated him in the CL a few years ago. ;)
Of course you did... HATER!! What must I do for you to STOP hating on my homeland and give the GOAT some love? Tell me Ketch!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT