ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A 2024 way of looking at 2023)

Really? if they were fixed I wouldn’t have known they were messed up! Take some ownership.

There's no lacking of ownership that is failing to take place. It happening was my fault.

That being said, I posted at 7:31pm that I had fixed the errors.

362471731_1436111903899260_8004592469938050485_n.jpg

You posted 12 minutes later. It's not a big deal. I was just communicating to you that it had been addressed.

362268341_661136176040694_3660178008533365480_n.jpg

Reactions: CPAGUY
25 million is crazy I swear if college football just becomes a total minor league system it won't be the same.
I hope some kids want to go to Texas because of pride not just money
I thought NIL was about kids making some money not becoming millionares
Your movie list was solid but i have only seen Spiderman so far going to see MI tomorrow

25 million is crazy I swear if college football just becomes a total minor league system it won't be the same.
I hope some kids want to go to Texas because of pride not just money
I thought NIL was about kids making some money not becoming millionares
Your movie list was solid but i have only seen Spiderman so far going to see MI tomorrow
Is there a reason why some of these kids shouldn't be millionaires?

No problem with a kid collecting $1 million from whomever is willing to give it to him. I wouldn’t pay him that much money so UT can win games but if someone else wants to it’s their money. My problem is that this is happening at a university. It’s just a wink and nod that he is really a student at said school.

Aren’t the days of focusing so much on Texas HS players in recruiting over?
There's a difference between focusing on Texas HS players and focusing on HS players that Texas is recruiting.
Sark is pulling in talented kids from Cali, Louisiana, Arizona, Fla, etc.
The majority of players that Sark is pulling in are still from Texas. Therefore, Orangebloods won't be changing its name to Rainbows anytime soon.
As long as Sark gets the players that he wants, I do not give a damn in none of them are from Texas.
So?

This is a bit off topic, Ketch, but did you see the Inoue-Fulton fight this morning??? 👀👀👀 I’ll never disrespect Inoue again. That man is the REAL deal!!!

No one is going to care about conference titles.
"Some" people may not care about conference titles. You won't, and that's fine. But others of us will care.

Winning an SEC football title is all but a guarantee of a first round playoff bye, as only conference champions get those byes. And winning the SEC WILL guarantee you a spot in the playoff.

In my opinion, you are missing the culture of the SEC if you think winning the conference doesn't matter to SEC fans. Texas has not won a football title in a decade and yet you are saying our fans won't care if we win a conference title or not. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

"Some" people may not care about conference titles. You won't, and that's fine. But others of us will care.

Winning an SEC football title is all but a guarantee of a first round playoff bye, as only conference champions get those byes. And winning the SEC WILL guarantee you a spot in the playoff.

In my opinion, you are missing the culture of the SEC if you think winning the conference doesn't matter to SEC fans. Texas has not won a football title in a decade and yet you are saying our fans won't care if we win a conference title or not. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.
Yes, in the context of the playoffs, it will matter.

No, the days of focusing on the top Texas kids each year is not over?

That's a disaster of an ideology.
I agree, but is it possible Sark and his coaches don't think that Texas players are as good as the OOS players he's recruiting?

Good work as always Ketch.

Silly question...and I could be off here....but shouldn't this analysis be done on the rankings at the end of the regular season, and/or immediately after Conf Champ Games?

Those are the rankings that will determine who is in the Top 12.

Or is that when you pulled the rankings?

This may have been mentioned by others...I haven't read all the responses.

Also, I'm guessing after they take the top 12 to the playoffs, no-one would "fall out" of the top-12 in the final rankings...although...if they go and get destroyed in the 1st round...they might.

(minor SPOILERS BELOW)
As much I liked Oppenheimer, it's a close #2 on my list behind Spiderman. I was simply blown away by Spiderman, and furious at myself for not seeing the first one in theaters because it was a "cartoon".

I was blown away by Oppenheimer as well, but Spiderman is a slightly higher on my list. Much more of a "feel good" story, obviously. As much as I liked Oppenheimer, it left me feeling disappointed. Disappointed for how he was ultimately treated. Nothing against the movie itself. I felt it was a sad story, in the end.

It almost came across like there was some element of M.A.D. between Oppenheimer and Strauss. And Strauss didn't realize that until the end. Oppenheimer didn't realize it either, until it was too late. Its fitting I guess.

Maybe this is simply a summer where I want the "feel-good".
If the barometer is set for inclusion in playoff, it’s not quite as simple as being ranked #12, right? Because there are automatic qualifiers for winning CCG, meaning you might have to finish in the top 10 to make the playoff. @Ketchum isn't that how it works ?

If the barometer is set for inclusion in playoff, it’s not quite as simple as being ranked #12, right? Because there are automatic qualifiers for winning CCG, meaning you might have to finish in the top 10 to make the playoff. @Ketchum isn't that how it works ?
In theory, yes. All of the automatic qualifies last year finished in the top 9, though.

Reactions: JHop6715
why were you insulting him?
I didn’t say I was insulting him. I just didn’t have any respect for him, which is disrespectful. I just can’t bring myself to care what happens under 122. But now that he stopped CoolBoy, the game has completely changed.

I didn’t say I was insulting him. I just didn’t have any respect for him, which is disrespectful. I just can’t bring myself to care what happens under 122. But now that he stopped CoolBoy, the game has completely changed.
Hating on the little guys. ;)

Ketch my issue is NIL was supposed to be about helping kids in college everyone knows the NCAA was so stupid I mean they refused to help kids go home because their mom passed away.
A scholarship to a school should mean something but it now just seems like the highest dollar figure is all that matters this new system helps a school like Texas but my belief is still this is college not pro football

I agree that the new playoff will overshadow the conference title games. And I agree that it likely will make the sport more exciting.

But fans will still very much care about conference titles, not only for bragging rights but also because the four top-ranked conference champions get a first-round bye. That's a big deal.

Reactions: aarontxex
No one is going to care about conference titles.
Conference Titles a like Pro Bowls when you have them it looks good on the Resume. Its good for The School and Coaches accolades. But most fans will care about the CFP. Coaches will 1st get judged based off making the CFP, then their W-L record in CFP.

The problem with NIL is only the super duper blue chips warrant the huge pay days the 6.1 and some 6.0 rated recruits. The rest is all about development. College football is so much better when your team is one of the Joneses. I couldn't imagine being a fan of a non-blueblood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT