ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A disaster followed by.... not sure)

U2 doesn’t have 10 good songs
sxv-wtf.gif

@Ketchum The 2019 class is one of the worst in history and outside of Bijan the 2020 class isn’t much better. Your analysis proves what I’ve been saying for months now, last years team was Bijan and Worthy along with a bunch of JAGS especially on defense. The 2021 Longhorn football team was lacking in overall talent and had huge holes in it.

@Ketchum The 2019 class is one of the worst in history and outside of Bijan the 2020 class isn’t much better. Your analysis proves what I’ve been saying for months now, last years team was Bijan and Worthy along with a bunch of JAGS especially on defense. The 2021 Longhorn football team was lacking in overall talent and had huge holes in it.
The 2018 class is a but underrated. It's not too late for the 2020 group, but it needs to step it up.

Reactions: DKinnamon
almost all of them can.
He would probably start if he did which would greatly increase his NFL chances. I’d love to see what RoJo could do as the feature back. 1100 and 10TDs feels about right.

Yeah, but it's not quite in the same galaxy

KOdy in 2018: 351/.444/.726/1.170
Ivan in 2022: .421/.531/.941/1.472
Oh, I’m not trying to compare them. Melendez is the best player in all of college baseball this year. I absolutely love him.

I was just saying that Kody was someone you definitely wanted to watch. And, if I’m being honest, I’m not sure that Kody wasn’t actually better in the clutch than Ivan. I don’t know that I’ve ever felt more confident in a hitter with the game on the line.

All that being said…Melendez will definitely have his jersey retired some day. This is the best season I think any Longhorn hitter has ever had.

Reactions: horns--21
Very good U2 list, like anything with music, you will get over 100 different responses, but you cannot argue with U2’s greatness in Rock music. I know a lot of people cannot stand Bono, but I had the luck to see a U2 concert in a private setting at Cowtown in San Francisco, and after Metallica, it was the best live performance I have ever seen. Bono is amazing live, and they put 100% effort into their show. It was definitely a ‘bucket list” live performance for me. One is a truly amazing song, you should see them do it live, very powerful.

Bad should be #1 with a bullett. No New Years Day a travesty.

Still crazy that I paid one dollar in 1987 to see Edge and Bono play with SRV at Antone’s in 1987
That's a show the hot tub time machine would like to go back and see.

Oh, I’m not trying to compare them. Melendez is the best player in all of college baseball this year. I absolutely love him.

I was just saying that Kody was someone you definitely wanted to watch. And, if I’m being honest, I’m not sure that Kody wasn’t actually better in the clutch than Ivan. I don’t know that I’ve ever felt more confident in a hitter with the game on the line.

All that being said…Melendez will definitely have his jersey retired some day. This is the best season I think any Longhorn hitter has ever had.
Oh, I know. Kody was sensational. Those numbers just put Ivan's season in proper perspective IMO.

Really hoped that Vernon Broughton would have done better on this team. One of the nicest young men one could ever meet and comes from a really good family.

Still pulling for the kid.
It's not over for him yet, but he has a lot of bodies to climb over and the coaching staff didn't recruit him.

Very good U2 list, like anything with music, you will get over 100 different responses, but you cannot argue with U2’s greatness in Rock music. I know a lot of people cannot stand Bono, but I had the luck to see a U2 concert in a private setting at Cowtown in San Francisco, and after Metallica, it was the best live performance I have ever seen. Bono is amazing live, and they put 100% effort into their show. It was definitely a ‘bucket list” live performance for me. One is a truly amazing song, you should see them do it live, very powerful.
U2 is one of the few bands I want to see that I haven't yet.

Wait...I thought the narrative during last season was that, with all of those highly rated recruiting classes, that UT had talent.

So, '19 was a disaster. '18 pretty much a disaster yet not as bad as '19. '20 is possibly on the verge of not that great. Then look at the OL situation. Explains a lot re last year.

Recruiting stars and class ratings are not the same as talent. Potential, yes...yet not talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT