ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A disaster followed by.... not sure)

Has a Patrick Vahe/Junior Angilau feel. A guy who people are a bit overimpressed with early because of what is surrounding him only to not really get better as he gets older.
do not disagree, although I wish I could.

(Buy) This is his last season at Alabama. This new NIL world is going to break him because of his inability to control the sport like he could before it arrived.

That would be stunning.

Last five songs out: Moment of Surrender, New Year's Day, All I Want is You, Vertigo and Walk On

New Year's Day probably needs to be in the top 10.

I vote for a Bellamy Brothers top 10.

He would probably start if he did which would greatly increase his NFL chances. I’d love to see what RoJo could do as the feature back. 1100 and 10TDs feels about right.

RoJo's going to make the NFL in '23 anyway. No sense in wasting a year particularly at RB.

ketch you get props for even attempting a U2 top ten.

They are probably about 5 songs that have to be in the list and then about another 10-15 which could be on the list.

With or Without you for me has to be number 1.

Unless you were around when Joshua Tree came out you don't understand the power that album had. It was the GenX Sargent Pepper (but not quite that big).

I can't think of another band post U2 prime that was that big.

Saban might be hypocritical, but…is he wrong? Multiple current and past college head coaches and prominent college football commentators are pointing out that what Saban is claiming is still the truth, even if Bama also essentially did the same thing. And from my perspective…what part of his accusation is false?

ketch you get props for even attempting a U2 top ten.

They are probably about 5 songs that have to be in the list and then about another 10-15 which could be on the list.

With or Without you for me has to be number 1.

Unless you were around when Joshua Tree came out you don't understand the power that album had. It was the GenX Sargent Pepper (but not quite that big).

I can't think of another band post U2 prime that was that big.

Loved your post. U2 is the last historical monster rock band.

Saban might be hypocritical, but…is he wrong? Multiple current and past college head coaches and prominent college football commentators are pointing out that what Saban is claiming is still the truth, even if Bama also essentially did the same thing. And from my perspective…what part of his accusation is false?

It's like a serial cheater crying foul when someone cheats on them.

I for one wish we would at least take the time to recognize our other teams when they have a huge success wearing the burnt orange and representing the University.

Our Women's Tennis Team winning back-to-back Natty's including a soul crushing beat down of Blow U in the finals ... is at least worth a "Hook 'em Ladies!"

Loved your post. U2 is the last historical monster rock band.

Perhaps the only one on the same level over the last 35 years in terms of body of work and worldwide relevance throughout that time is Metallica. But U2 definitely took the torch passed to them at the time from the Police when they wrapped up their career after their monster Synchronicity tour.

... I have no idea what's happening in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Might wanna finally get on that. You follow every other sport that exists, but not the one with the best post season tournament.

Scott Bryant's numbers in 1989 were video game like. Then, add in his versatility on the mound. That loss to the Shockers still hurts. I honestly believe the change in CWS format that year cost Texas another national title.

I'm with the guys that say Saban isn't retiring until some teams starts beating him on the regular. A couple of 4 loss seasons and he'll pull the ripcord, but as long as he is playing in the Natty every other year, he sticks around for a while (assuming no health problem forces his hand).

Perhaps the only one on the same level over the last 35 years in terms of body of work and worldwide relevance throughout that time is Metallica. But U2 definitely took the torch passed to them at the time from the Police when they wrapped up their career after their monster Synchronicity tour.
I'm not sure there can even be a band like it any more. Different time and place. The flame is out IMO.

I'm with the guys that say Saban isn't retiring until some teams starts beating him on the regular. A couple of 4 loss seasons and he'll pull the ripcord, but as long as he is playing in the Natty every other year, he sticks around for a while (assuming no health problem forces his hand).

I"m not sure he hangs on until he's near death.

I'm not sure there can even be a band like it any more. Different time and place. The flame is out IMO.

Yep. An overlooked amazing fact about U2 is that in over 45 years of existence, not a single lineup change. Incredible. For sure U2 and Metallica are for the foreseeable future, the last of the superstar rock bands.

• Love
Reactions: HuffTex
Yep. An overlooked amazing fact about U2 is that in over 45 years of existence, not a single lineup change. Incredible.

Beyond incredible when you consider at the ways a line-up can be forced to change.

That's what they said the first time he lost to Clemson....He'll likely figure out a way to do it better than just about anyone, and certainly better than Jimbo....
I never said that after the loss to Clemson. It's not really the same thing... at all.

I disagree... Saban plans on staying.

Here is why...
"Saban told a group of local business leaders that "A&M bought every player" in its top-ranked 2022 recruiting class with "a deal for name, image, likeness."

He wasn't complaining or trying to change the system. He was recruiting.

The audience was local business leaders. It sounds to me like he was putting the smack down on his NIL money guys. He probably said that if Alabama wants to land 5* players, NIL money is a genuine requirement.

Manning will be there is a couple of weeks and someone must have an idea on how close they can get to what Arch's agent wants.

Saban wants this. So he wants to be there to have a Manning as a QB.
Interesting point of view. Makes sense. The ultimate recruiter.

I never said that after the loss to Clemson. It's not really the same thing... at all.
Well, if he is still there after the season, I am right. If he's not, you're right...he pllayed in the natty, has a Heisman winner returning, put a ton of guys in the draft, and finished #2 in recruiting. If that is no longer being in control, there isn't a program in the country that wouldn't trade for that.

Reactions: RIOHORNFAN
I disagree... Saban plans on staying.

Here is why...
"Saban told a group of local business leaders that "A&M bought every player" in its top-ranked 2022 recruiting class with "a deal for name, image, likeness."

He wasn't complaining or trying to change the system. He was recruiting.

The audience was local business leaders. It sounds to me like he was putting the smack down on his NIL money guys. He probably said that if Alabama wants to land 5* players, NIL money is a genuine requirement.

Manning will be there is a couple of weeks and someone must have an idea on how close they can get to what Arch's agent wants.

Saban wants this. So he wants to be there to have a Manning as a QB.

Saban knows better than anyone that NIL won't be what sells the Mannings. If anything it might actually put them off.

a. The softball team was in the middle of a game when I posted the article. Not sure what you'd have me say about a regional final that hadn't been played.

b. There's a reason why it's the bottom of page two and you're the first to mention the tennis omission.

c. any thoughts on what I did write?
b. Doesn’t make it right.

Well, if he is still there after the season, I am right. If he's not, you're right...he pllayed in the natty, has a Heisman winner returning, put a ton of guys in the draft, and finished #2 in recruiting. If that is no longer being in control, there isn't a program in the country that wouldn't trade for that.
The odds are on your side.

Reactions: HuffTex
b. Doesn’t make it right.
There are a lot of things in this world that aren't right.

No one in this industry has spent more money than I have in the name of shining light on women's athletics. I can't make people care about the biggest sports, let alone the smaller ones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT