ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (A historical comparison you might like...)

Why didn't you give Malcolm Roach a kudo for running a 4.84? That's smoking for his size as well.

Reactions: fshanks
Great having the Eagles list. Will be playing them soon do to this good reminder. Hotel California is one of my all time favorite songs

I used to play in a charity golf tourney in Aspen. Glenn Fry would perform the night before in a tiny bar in Aspen. I’d be dancing 3 feet from Glenn and another 3 feet from Kevin Costner and dancing with one of his rejects.

didn’t get any better than that.

No love for Shake Milton? He had a hell of a game for a 2nd rounder that has bounced back and forth between the NBA and the G League this season

The “CJ with only 3 fewer reps than Roach” take was money! I mean, seriously? I couldn’t believe it either.

Reactions: FrancoBevo
Guess my most remembered Eagles songs are extremely different from the "experts".
I seem to always go back to:
"Try and Love Again" (Guitar at the end).
"Wasted Time"
"The Last Resort"

Saw the Eagles in the late 70's and early 2000's. IMO, top 5 American rock band of all time.

My favorite song of theirs did not make your list but exemplifies Henley's amazing voice and lyrics.

The Last Resort.

She came from Providence, the one in Rhode Island
Where the old world shadows hang heavy in the air
She packed her hopes and dreams like a refugee,
Just as her father came across the sea
She heard about a place people were smilin',
They spoke about the red man's way, how they loved the land
And they came from everywhere to the Great Divide
Seeking a place to stand or a place to hide
Down in the crowded bars out for a good time,
Can't wait to tell you all what it's like up there
And they called it paradise, I don't know why
Somebody laid the mountains low while the town got high
Then the chilly winds blew down across the desert,
Through the canyons of the coast to the Malibu
Where the pretty people play hungry for power
To light their neon way and give…

Reactions: EG-man
Guess my most remembered Eagles songs are extremely different from the "experts".
I seem to always go back to:
"Try and Love Again" (Guitar at the end).
"Wasted Time"
"The Last Resort"

Add. New York Minute and No More Cloudy Days and I’m right there with you.

That top 10 list of songs by the Eagles is one that I agree with. Those songs will never get old.

Sam is a much better QB than James Brown, conference title or no conference title.

So are Chris Simms and Major Applewhite, for that matter.

Reactions: Fansong77
I might be alone in this but disappointed in the ratio of NBA to soccer talk in this column.

I grew up playing soccer, I like soccer but are there really more EPL fans here than NBA?

Just a thought.

Lyin eyes won the Eagles a Grammy. It’s gotta be top 10. And I always thought Victim of Love was a great rocker.

Reactions: FrancoBevo
And yet on another third hand, the team was on the brunt end of some seriously sketchy calls at critical junctures in one-run losses, including this howler.

Texas didn't lose this game on sketchy calls, it lost this game due to the bullpen giving up hit and after hit....

No. 3 - The stakes are high in 2020 for Sam Ehlinger ...

It is my opinion that Sam Ehlinger enters the 2020 season as the No. 6 quarterback in the history of the Texas program.

It is also my opinion that in order for Ehlinger to crack the top five, he'll need to do more than break most of Colt McCoy's passing records to get there.

It's going to take him winning a championship. Based on the overwhelming results of a Twitter poll taken this weekend, it appears my opinions are shared by the majority of the Texas fan base.

I don't know if I've ever seen this many people agree about anything related to Texas football.

I'm willing to guess a LOT of those people in the 11% (doesn't need a Big 12 title) foolishly have Applewhite in their top 5. For sure Ehlinger needs a conference title to crack that. Even it would be a barely. Unfortunately for a James Brown, he doesn't have some of the non-football related stuff that Ehlinger has that clearly endears him to the fanbase.

No. 9 - The List: Top 10 The Eagles songs ...

Forty-five years ago today, The Eagles had their first-ever No. 1 US hit with "Best of M y Love," which was the third single from the 1974 album "On The Border."

With the band touring in Texas this weekend and throughout the next week, I thought a top 10 list for the group was a good idea.

Rest in peace, Glenn Frey.

10. The New Kid in Town
9. Peaceful Easy Feeling
8. One of These Nights
7. I Can't Tell You Why
6. Already. Gone
5. Take It To The Limit
4. Take It Easy
3. Heartache Tonight
2. Desperado
1. Hotel California

Quick thought - I will die on the “Heartache Tonight” is one of the most underrated songs in history hill. It’s absolutely one of the all-time club banger rock songs of all-time. Glenn Fry is at his the top of his "swag" game". He even shit talks twice during the song to punctuate it. Don Henley's drum work might be the best of any song he ever did. Bob Segar is in the chorus. Seriously, just go listen to the drums. It's got awesome guitar play. By the end of it, Fry is in a fever-pitch and has me ready to jump out of my skin every time. It was never meant to be an all-time great song, but it has aged as well as any song in the group's playlist outside of Hotel California.

This is the limb I'm standing on.

I wouldn't have Desperado quite that high. And Heartache Tonight #3? AHEAD of Take It Easy?

I’d be curious to see who think has a chance to be recognized on the 2020 team. Feel like we have a lot of guys (Sterns, Foster) that have the potential if healthy & developed appropriately.
No doubt.

I love the Eagles and I definitely agree that Hotel California is their very best. I would rate it number one and then drop the next song down to number five, I think it's that damned good. The guitar riffs are enough to earn the number one place.
There really is no close second place.

Reactions: Capn Oblivious
No. 9 - The List: Top 10 The Eagles songs ...

Forty-five years ago today, The Eagles had their first-ever No. 1 US hit with "Best of M y Love," which was the third single from the 1974 album "On The Border."

With the band touring in Texas this weekend and throughout the next week, I thought a top 10 list for the group was a good idea.

giphy.gif

The coaching was so poor on both sides of the ball this season, that the players’ production suffered in 2019. They were not put in position to succeed. With merely competent coordination and coaching, we are going to see vast improvement.
It's certainly possible, but not absolute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT