ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A special moment is about to occur...)

It was indeed. IIRC, Metallica opened, along with some some German band
Did you see the DM I sent asking you if you or Such will be in Columbia SC for the baseball games? All these years and have never met you.

Wait, metallica opened?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'll check my DMs.

exactly the same.
So, isn't there an underlying ranking or point value that can further separate all the 5 stars beyond the 6.1 score?

Not trying to be nitpicky, I know they are both great prospects, but are you saying that they are both exactly the same on this underlying rank as well? Did they both rank the same on the numerical list?

If I had to rank one over the other, Blalock by a smidge of smidges.

I find it fascinating how unimaginative some of you can be with regards to special OL prospects.

It's almost like you don't remember what they can do.

Benson's four seasons were pretty crazy good.
And if Benson hadn’t been accidentally pancaked by our offensive tackle (Scott or Williams, can’t remember which) when we were trying to tackle a Washington Huskie player following about the fourth turnover by Simms in the bowl game following the 2001 season, Benson would have been even better. I’m not certain that Benson ever fully recovered from that hit.

The best defensive backfield in the history of the school took time to grow up.

Asking kids to be part of your defensive spine is begging for a growing pain or three.
I don't mind growing pains. At least it'll be players on a good trajectory. I really can't see us being much worse at those positions next year.

I'm a big Romo fan, but he was "off" the whole game yesterday. A number of comments that sounded like gibberish and that sequence where he tried to say "Wolfson" like 4 times in a row butchering it each time was cringe worthy.

Nance had to fly in from San Diego where he finished off the Golf Tournament late on Saturday and he spent half the game covering for Tony.

Not exactly how Romo should have wanted to finish out the '21 season in the broadcast booth.

And if Benson hadn’t been accidentally pancaked by our offensive tackle (Scott or Williams, can’t remember which) when we were trying to tackle a Washington Huskie player following about the fourth turnover by Simms in the bowl game following the 2001 season, Benson would have been even better. I’m not certain that Benson ever fully recovered from that hit.
Sure you’re not confusing this with big 12 championship game against Colorado?

Sure you’re not confusing this with big 12 championship game against Colorado?
Yes, it was the game against Colorado in the big 12 championship in 2001. Thanks for correcting. But, my main point stands which was that Benson was hurt in that game by Jonathan Scott or Mike Williams.

That’s obvious….hence the lack mod progression you’ve made.

You'll have to forgive me ranking bigger priorities as bigger priorities during its off-season.

If I thought it was super important to do otherwise, I would have made it a priority.

Reactions: darrenj
You mean the CU game?

Reactions: Duanej6
I'm a big Romo fan, but he was "off" the whole game yesterday. A number of comments that sounded like gibberish and that sequence where he tried to say "Wolfson" like 4 times in a row butchering it each time was cringe worthy.

Nance had to fly in from San Diego where he finished off the Golf Tournament late on Saturday and he spent half the game covering for Tony.

Not exactly how Romo should have wanted to finish out the '21 season in the broadcast booth.
His mention of the Seattle fumble was a high point, though.

You'll have to forgive me ranking bigger priorities as bigger priorities during its off-season.

If I thought it was super important to do otherwise, I would have made it a priority.
You have an incredible site but May want to ask your paying audience (life source of this site) what their priority is.

He came back and was quite a monster. I wouldn't say he never got over that hit. He was a damn wrecking ball.
I can’t argue with your point or his production. I just remember watching him after that and thinking he didn’t look quite the same. Clearly a subjective belief on my part. I do know that the huge Mike Williams and the freshman Cedric Benson were both knocked out of the Colorado game because of that collision. And Benson did not get the start against Washington in the holiday bowl because of the injury.

This I absolutely believe Ketch. And dragging your feet has saved you personally several months of someone's salary. And you probably only disappointed at most 20- 40 of your subscribers. So I suppose that's a smart financial decision on your part.

I guess it's too much to ask for a little multi-tasking. I just hope whoever you finally get is in the same zip code as Dustin. That might be asking too much since you've made it very clear that you don't care at all about UT baseball. Well, perhaps you care more about UT baseball than rowing (certainly not soccer)... but I'm not even sure about that.:eek:

This I absolutely believe Ketch. And dragging your feet has saved you personally several months of someone's salary. And you probably only disappointed at most 20- 40 of your subscribers. So I suppose that's a smart financial decision on your part.

I guess it's too much to ask for a little multi-tasking. I just hope whoever you finally get is in the same zip code as Dustin. That might be asking too much since you've made it very clear that you don't care at all about UT baseball. Well, perhaps you care more about UT baseball than rowing (certainly not soccer)... but I'm not even sure about that.:eek:
I do care about UT baseball. I'm a fan.

I'm simply articulating (perhaps poorly) that there's a smaller portion of OB subscribers that inhale UT baseball content than those who inhale the content would believe. Four out of five OB subscribers don't read the content. The same four out of five subscribers would prefer the site investment go into other areas.

We will have good baseball coverage. I have simply kicked the can down the road as far as possible because I've wanted to save money. Hiring a baseball person 6 months out from the season was never smart business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT