ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (A special moment is about to occur...)

We will have good baseball coverage. I have simply kicked the can down the road as far as possible because I've wanted to save money. Hiring a baseball person 6 months out from the season was never smart business.
I actually get the 6 months part. What I don't get is the 1 month part.

You made a financial decision. That's what owners do.

Reactions: HornFan16
I actually get the 6 months part. What I don't get is the 1 month part.

You made a financial decision. That's what owners do.

a. I was never going to go anything in 2021 for a season/sport that starts six weeks into 2022.

b. I expect to have news on this soon.

Reactions: darrenj
Let me also add that no person in the history of this industry has ever invested more into baseball than I have over the last decade. Not even remotely close.

ee0e3a40b744e2eebc3b4d949eaa9055x.jpg

No. 9 - The List: AC/DC ...

I definitely lean towards the Bon Scott era ...

Last five songs out: TNT , Shoot to Thrill , Down Payment Blues , Girls Got Rhythm and Big Balls

10. Touch Too Much

The difference between Bon Scott and Brian Johnson is as evident in this song as any in the group's catalog. Scott was just on a different level. He could have been an elite front man in any band.

9. Night Prowler

The early blues vibe that the group played with before Bon Scott died was so fine in this under-the-radar classic from the Highway to Hell album. The whole damn thing is as sinister as it gets and it almost feels like the devil is luring you in with a rock lullaby. Seriously underrated song.

8. Whole Lotta Rosie

As Bon Scott says in this clip, "it's a song about the biggest, fattest women who ever fornicated." You'll find some of Angus Young's finest work in this one. If you're a fan, you HAVE to watch the video linked because the band is in awesome early form.

7. Thunderstruck

The best song from the group in the last 30 years.

6. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Bon Scott is at his grimiest in a song that is perfectly named. The group was in its infancy when they released this song and it channels a beastly energy nearly 40 years later. A case can be made that I have this jam underrated, but it's a stacked top 10.

5. You Shook Me All Night Long

The most female-friendly song in their entire catalog. The dances that have been performed to this song over the last 30 years demand its inclusion into the top five of the list. Three of the top five songs on the list are from the Back in Black album … that's how good that record is and will forever remain.

4. It's a Long Way to The Top If You Wanna Rock and Roll

The signature song for Bon Scott and a song that he destroyed in concert. When Scott brings in the bagpipes 90 seconds into the song, it creates one of the most unique jamming sounds you'll hear in the history of rock. It just all works together beautifully.

3. Hells Bells

The open to the song is one of the most iconic in rock music history. The song practically screams, "I'm a bad ass MF." One of three songs that I think can argue for a place at the top of the list, but placed it at No.3.

2. Highway to Hell

A case can be made for this song to land in the No. 1 spot, as it represents the best of the Bon Scott Era. One of the great songs about life as a rocker that has ever been created. Scott was just reaching his peak as a performer when this song was released.

1. Back in Black

Yes, the most iconic song in this group's catalog does not feature Bon Scott. The truth of the matter is the entire Back in Black album is a masterpiece and this song sits at the top of the mountain representing its greatness. Angus Young is at his mind-melting best. Please forgive me.

Its AC DC. Had you not had Back in Black, the song and the album dominating the top 10, it would have just been wrong.

That album is as good as Rock gets. Not saying its the best, but its in the classroom with any that claim the title. And there isn't any better group to be in.

I know what my paying audience's priorities are.
My sincerest apologies. You are correct and all knowing. Obviously I must be the only customer upset by this. Glad to see that your arrogance isn't at all clouding your judgement.

Reactions: HornFan16
a. I was never going to go anything in 2021 for a season/sport that starts six weeks into 2022.

b. I expect to have news on this soon.
Hence the frustration. You've been saying the same thing for a couple of months now. I will have news soon..... Next month we will have someone hired.... I am glad we have invested subscribers that are willing to put in the work for free heading into the season.

My sincerest apologies. You are correct and all knowing. Obviously I must be the only customer upset by this. Glad to see that your arrogance isn't at all clouding your judgement.

I know my business. I know this site's business. I know the metrics of the last 20 years. I know the finances involved. I know the internal research.

It's arrogant for you to think you could possibly have a stronger sense of the dynamics involved than me.

Hence the frustration. You've been saying the same thing for a couple of months now.

Link?

I have always said it would be close to the start of the season when a decision would be made. My transparency in all of this has not been appreciated... clearly.

I'm not staying up worried about your not believing it until you see it.
You’re definitely not staying up worried about baseball coverage on this site at all. You’ve made that clear.

There’s a whole thread asking for the type of explanation. Might want to hop in there at some point. You’ve been tagged multiple times in it so I’m guessing you’re aware

You’re definitely not staying up worried about baseball coverage on this site at all. You’ve made that clear.

There’s a whole thread asking for the type of explanation. Might want to hop in there at some point. You’ve been tagged multiple times in it so I’m guessing you’re aware

a. No person in the history of this industry has invested more or cared more about covering baseball than I have.

Period.

b. I get hundreds of notifications every day. I currently have 200+ from today alone. I don't see all of my tags. It's a little different for me than most people on the site in that regards.

@Ketchum you hearing Texas to SEC by 2024 at the latest? If so, would it hurt our pursuit of Arch considering it will be his RS Freshman season when we enter the SEC?

@Ketchum you hearing Texas to SEC by 2024 at the latest? If so, would it hurt our pursuit of Arch considering it will be his RS Freshman season when we enter the SEC?
2024 at the earliest, not latest.

Texas has to give 18 months heads up notice upon a departure, I believe. We're not far away from that threshold.

I thought he was a borderline scrub before that night in Austin.

Remember when this pissed his family off?

I mean the guy looked lost and then suddenly he didn’t. Went from being mostly JAG to the best player in CFB pretty damn fast. Not sure I’ve seen anything else quite like it.

Davis was a 6 star.
I remember seeing that dude on campus all the time and he’s just one of those humans that you just never get used to seeing. He was the monster other monsters had nightmares about. .

I mean the guy looked lost and then suddenly he didn’t. Went from being mostly JAG to the best player in CFB pretty damn fast. Not sure I’ve seen anything else quite like it.
He's a damn unicorn.

I remember seeing that dude on campus all the time and he’s just one of those humans that you just never get used to seeing. He was the monster other monsters had nightmares about. .
Dude played middle linebacker for his HS team. We might not ever see anyone like him ever again.

Reactions: Duanej6 and McGuapo
More baseball, fewer threads promoting YouTube.

The Youtube channel is ultimately helping pay for that baseball thing you want more of.

You guys want it all sometimes without any regard to how it happens.

Just give you the meatloaf, huh?

The Youtube channel is ultimately helping pay for that baseball thing you want more of.

Making the meatloaf, like sausage, isn’t pretty.

Mom!!!!

2024 at the earliest, not latest.

Texas has to give 18 months heads up notice upon a departure, I believe. We're not far away from that threshold.
@Ketchum To be eligible for the 2024 season, would they have given notice 18 months prior to June 30, 2024?

What Championship game was that?
No. The secondary ticket market for Jerry World absolutely would allow for a team like the Packers to bring a LOT of fans if we ever make it that far.

Ewers cutting his hair is bad luck. It’s the source of his superpowers. I hope he doesn’t cut it as long as he’s a Longhorn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT