ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Blue vs. Baxter... it's kind of a thing)

Not very concerned.
Because you think he’ll add more weight by the fall or he’ll be good at 218 again? Seems to be like he very much needs the weight to generate more power and avoid the constant ding up injuries, but your take on it means more than mine. Thanks.

Because you think he’ll add more weight by the fall or he’ll be good at 218 again? Seems to be like he very much needs the weight to generate more power and avoid the constant ding up injuries, but your take on it means more than mine. Thanks.
Because I don't want him losing any explosiveness in the quest for more bulk

its not really about Blue vs Baxter it's about Blue and Baxter against our opponents

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

Reactions: marinehorn
Wisner is a dawg, and he is going to show out when his time comes. I love Clark too. But the order should be Blue, Bax, Wisner, Clark.

I'd rather have explosion on the field than a guy who gets described by his energy and dog-ness.

Reactions: King Jaffe Joffer
As for the upcoming Draft, Sweat seemed like a guy destined to go in round two based on most of the mocks I've looked at in recent weeks. My guy John Harris had Sweat going No. 34 to the Cardinals in his most recent mock draft. I have no idea how much something like this will hurt Sweat, but it most certainly could.

Let's cross our fingers for the lovable big guy that it doesn't hurt him too much.
A player close to 400 pounds getting arrested close to the draft is bad. The lack of discipline will be a red flag for many teams.

Great read.
I feel like Sweat just cost himself a lot of money.
Probably drop a round or 2 now.
If he can get his act together someone is going to get a steal.

In the season finale against Washington, he had one of his best games with 103 total yards of offense (Blue finished with 104 total yards), but his fumble in the third quarter was a critical moment of that game that helped Washington take a two-score lead with 7:44 left in the third quarter.

Two things feel true going into this spring.

1. Both players need to get better, but Baxter needs to make more improvements than Blue.
2. There's no quantifiable data point that points to Baxter being the better player once the season concluded.
Blue lost a crucial fumble in that game also. Baxter prob does need to make more improvements than Blue, but has one less year in college. Baxter definitely left a lot of yards on the field through the season because of indecisiveness, but is better in pass pro. Blue seemed to be trying to prove that he can be physical on some runs that could have bounced outside for better gains. JMO, I don't have a preference and hope both take big leaps this year.

Great read.
I feel like Sweat just cost himself a lot of money.
Probably drop a round or 2 now.
If he can get his act together someone is going to get a steal.
everyone will be looking for a steal.

Reactions: texan886
I'd rather see the more explosive guy get those touches.

Ket me put it like this.... if you could only keep one of the two, you're keeping Clark.
Watch Wisner’s carries from last year; he is very explosive and wiry-strong like Charles. More importantly, Sark likes him and he is a culture guy. Clark is just a frosh in 2024. Next year may very well be different, but not this year.

Fun fact: Future originally laid vocals for Drunk in Love before the producer sent the track to Beyonce. Evidently, she used still used his melodies.

Link? Context?
Eh I’m not going to search from 5 years ago but when Roschon switched to RB there was a lot of doubt he would make a difference there long term. Point being, I wouldn’t doubt Wisner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT