ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Dear Tom, we might not be smart, but we're not stupid...)

Remember when many of you were talking about how bad the big 12 qbs would be this year and how it set up perfectly for Texas.

Last I checked the only bad qb actually plays for Texas...AGAIN!

Certain teams continue to reload, others rebuild. WTF do you call what we’ve been doing?

Remember when many of you were talking about how bad the big 12 qbs would be this year and how it set up perfectly for Texas.

Last I checked the only bad qb actually plays for Texas...AGAIN!

Certain teams continue to reload, others rebuild. WTF do you call what we’ve been doing?

Certain posters always overlook what OUR team is doing, or I should say what we're not doing.

Other teams losing players has rarely mattered and it likely won't this year because we still don't have the coaching advantage.

A truly bad sign for Herman if he is unable to take advantage of what is seen as a down year in the conference.

Totally agree with you on Gruden, @Ketchum. That deal has felt a little off from the beginning. I don’t believe he understands the ways the league has changed over the past ten or so years. Plus, I think he will wear down that locker room over time.

You think he even makes it to year three?

Reactions: Anwar Richardson
Nice job with your “10 Thoughts.” Really good writing. One of your best.

I also believe you have Herman sized up quite well. The clock is now officially running on the Herman era after “Maryland 2.0.” Herman and Beck need to step up the tempo (like they did in the 2nd quarter against Maryland), get the right RB’s on the field and cut Sam loose to RUN like the QB in Herman’s Ohio State O should run. That will open up the entire running game and the receivers.

As we found out with VY, pin point accuracy becomes a little less important when the receivers are wide open.

I heard the “what coverage was MD in” comment from Herman and was thinking “WTF does that have to do with the question asked?”

@Ketchum Any chance CDC sees CTH losing the press and gives him some “advice” on answering questions without looking like a condescending asshole? You can do that all you want when you are winning and living up to your hype, but when you are losing and being told you “have no clothes,” it takes a different tactic to keep everyone on your side and the donations flowing.

All well said...let’s take a big risk shot and get Lane Kefin as the OC. He is an asshole, but can develop QBs and run an offense.

I have one big question: Tom herman’s Houston teams would kick our ass even though we are much more talented, WHY is that? Is it cause Tim Beck wasn’t their offensive coordinator?
Because they had better players at key positions?

In retrospect we should have not pushed Mack Brown out without an acceptable replacement- that is someone with a proven tract record as a HC at a major program not successful coordinators with 1-2 years experience as a HC. Tennessee made same mistake t and we are in the same position- we need to fire Herman after this year unless he turns around (I doubt it) and get someone would been successful with fewer resources like Patterson, Harstan, or Peterson and give them whatever it takes- with resources at Texas it will turn quickly.

It’s really depressing when you lay it out that way. The whole Porter insertion at the end of the game was really bad. Like Charlie Strong bad. I’m gonna have a drink.

Reactions: wbrom42
Condescending, arrogant, prick,unaccountable....

Man. Herman and Sam....kindred spirits.

Reactions: cgregory4
I have not lost all hope in Tom like some have, but I do find it very curious & comical that the same guy can roll his eyes at & totally poo-poo the idea of "momentum" in football, and at the same time say he went with the player with the "hot hand."
The two seem very similar to me.

It was a fine performance but I think you are overstating it. You probably won’t find it on any top 10 greatest performance lists.
I bet you'll find it on a list of the best performances by a black actor or actress.

Is Herman desperate?

For all we know, in his mind, yesterday was part of the process and becoming aligned.

He sure as shit showed zero urgency when asked if the loss was incredibly significant.
that's fair.

Because they had better players at key positions?
I disagree. They had players that better fit Herman's offense. Herman needs to exploit the the talent he has. I don't believe the talent matches his offense.
Herman needs to adapt and overcome.

Reactions: TexaStrong
Dude — you’ve never seen George C. Scott in Patton ?

If not, go stream it NOW.
That one slipped by me during brainstorming. Could have easily made the list, although in using other lists to help me make sure I didn't miss anyone, I don't recall seeing him on other lists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT