ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Don't get mad at me for saying this...)

Both Collin Johnson and Lil'Jordan Humphrey have a chance to get there this season based on their current pace.

If we have two 1000 yard receivers this year, I am calling my shot on getting 2 out of the following 3:

Elijah Higgins
Garret Wilson
Bru McCoy

Its my understanding that all of these guys needed some confirmation that Texas could distribute the ball to their weapons. McCoy seems to be leaning Texas from what I've read all over the web, and USC's weakness is a contributing factor as much as anything, but proof on the field is also a factor in that recruitment it seems. I've read that if we get Washington at the end of the month, that they may only take one more and close it down, but if Wilson and McCoy both want in, we take them.

Have you seen the stats of the competition?

He won't be first team BigXII but he'll be a 1or 2nd round draft pick. It may actually be a fun debate who will go first between im an Lil Jordy

@Ketchum Interesting comparison of LJH, CJ, DD vs Roy, BJ, Sloan.

I think in terms of pure talent and even production you are dead on.

But let me put this on you. Did Roy, BJ, Sloan EVER even come close to having one of them throw to a TD pass to the other in an offensive explosion against the gooners?

That has to be worth something.
The overall failures of that trio in the RRS has 99% to with OU’s absolute chokehold over every aspect of that series from 2000-2004. We certainly had the talent but the failure was from the top down. The WR don’t do the game prep, call the plays or set the mindset of the team.

On Bud Crawford, why does the media glorify his mom beating him as a child, and challenging all the neighborhood kids to a fight? Even said she would give $10 to any kid who could whip him. She is hailed as a great mom.

Excluding musicals, movies centered around dancing or simply having an awesome soundtrack, here's what I came up with.

10. Crazy Heart
9. La Bamba
8. Walk The Line
7. High Fidelity
6. 8 Mile
5. Eddie and the Cruisers
4. Whiplash
3. Purple Rain
2. A Star is Born (2018)
1. Almost Famous

You forgot The Commitments. If you haven’t seen it, rent it this week.

Last edited:
Prince was in it? Sorry, I was distracted by other things....

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_msb83ifbjn1sz7st8o1_r1_400.gif

Oh darling Nikki!

I believe Iowa State will give us ALL we can handle. BEST head coach in the BIG 12!!! Bold statement but true.
Best head coach? I get he has a good record vs the top 6 in the country the last two years, but best in big 12? That’s not bold, it’s just silly.

Has it. I missed it all then. There was allusions to all kinds of foul play $$$ when it happened and I thought I remembered you saying some day it would be in your book. Maybe I missed it and maybe I misremembered. No worries just thought that was what was coming.
Suchomel recently re-told that story, I believe. Is there anything specific you'd like to know about?

No. 9 - The List: Top 10 Favorite Movies About Music …

10. Crazy Heart
9. La Bamba
8. Walk The Line
7. High Fidelity
6. 8 Mile
5. Eddie and the Cruisers
4. Whiplash
3. Purple Rain
2. A Star is Born (2018)
1. Almost Famous

--------
Good list but "That Thing You Do" deserves a spot in there somewhere.
Good movie, but not in my Top 10.

Indeed. Your words..

I was thinking about the players on this team that I believe are headed towards all-Big 12 seasons and here's where my head is coming out of the weekend.

(Note: This is the way I think it would shake out if the voting occurred today, not automatically who I would choose if I was making the decisions.)

First-team All-Big 12 Offense: Calvin Anderson (LT)

Note not even second team? ....have you seen a better lineman in the big 12? I have not. Hes materially better in run game than CA.
I have him making second-team as it stands, even if he's more deserving than Anderson, who I think voters will know more about.

BUY or SELL: You’d take Collin/LJH/Devin over Roy/BJ/Sloan?
(Sell) With all due respect to Johnson and Humphrey, neither is the physically freakish animal that Roy Williams was.

for sh*ts and grins. How many touchdown receptions did Roy/BJ/Sloan have against OU ?? Look it up, I challenge you

Against OU, we had the nations #1 QB recruit (Simms) , nations #1 RB recruit (Benson), and the top trio of receivers (listed above) on the field and did Mack Brown play to win ??? I still remember close to the end of the first half in an OU game we had all these on the field, the ball at the 50, and Mack chose to run out the clock. Maddest I have ever been at Mack
To be fair, Roy got pushed out at the one-yard line on one of his catches, but yeah, it's a stain on their careers.

Youre right, but if you were a defensive coordinator, which duo would you rather try to defend? The two pairs have different skillsets, but this current group has physical attributes that allow them to make contested catches downfield that Jordan and Quan simply dont have in their toolbox. Jordan and Quan also received the benefit in 2008 of the best season of QB passing in school history, while Collin and LJH are putting up 1000 yard seasons with average QB play.

Its your fault Im considering this debate. I wouldnt be thinking about it if you didnt educate me on the type of historic season they are posting.
fair points.

It’s pretty clear you don’t approve of the snap distribution. You believe that Ingram should be featured more prominently.

And that’s fine. I can understand that. But you don’t seem to want to really spell it out. But I want you to really spell it out. Either the staff has a good reason to be reticent with Ingram or they don’t. If they do, then what do you think that reason is? Or if not, then why do you think they are prejudiced against Ingram?
I think they are being too cautious. Period.

Great idea to rank best movie about music. I have to disagree with you. A Star is Born is WAY better than Almost Famous even though I love that movie so much. Because...Almost Famous is not very musical and more story. A Star is Born is an amazing showcase of Gaga and her singing. She blows doors with her singing and acting. Even Bradley Cooper was kinda cool as he sung a few songs. She will win an Oscar for sure.
Hard for me to put A Star is Born ahead of Almost famous at this point. I've seen one once and the other 500 times.

Reactions: LSM_Zach
Outside of a road game to Lubbock, the Longhorns will be favored to win each of their remaining games against the likes of Oklahoma State (road), West Virginia (home), Iowa State (home) and Kansas (away). Other than Notre Dame, you can make a case that the Longhorns have the clearest road to a clean finish to the season as anyone else that's in the discussion.

No offense, but one would have to be a damn fool to think or path to finish the regular season is "more clear" than Alabama. Just to clue you in based on odds since you talk about being favored as apparently your basis. Right now, one can reasonably project the line for our final 5 games as:

-3 @ Okie Lite
-4 WVU
PK @Tech
-8 ISU
-17 @KU

Here 'Bama's projected lines:
-28 @TN
-12 @LSU
-20 Miss. St.
Do I really need to project The Citadel?
-25 Auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT