ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Drink the Kool-Aid I'm pouring...)

That's my favorite. I've used it more times than any other from that movie.

"Yo, Adrian" almost made the cut.
My all time favorite Rocky Balboa quote was from the Clubber Lang fight in Rocky 3:

"I ain't breathing heavy, am I?"

Best response to trash talk ever.

Reactions: FrancoBevo
12. The offensive line in the last two games of the season is proof that Texas has the pieces of a line that can get the job done. Surely, Kyle Flood can get at least as much out of this group of players as Herb Hand.
I think this is something that keeps getting lost in the wash. Based on the draft feedback we saw, Cosmi's technique was not a strength and that's coaching. Other than Cosmi I don't see us losing much on the OL, and we will be playing in (hopefully) a quicker paced offense that creates mismatches for the skill guys. If Flood can coach these guys up we should have at least a pretty serviceable OL.

I know we have battered fan syndrome, but the gloom and doom about the OL is a little over the top. I honestly think it has a lot more to do with the guys we missed on in last year's class than with what's actually on campus.

Excellent article! One of the best I recall.

This caused me to slam on the breaks. I knew you loved the kid, but wow. Time will tell if this was a great call or a real head scratcher. I’m leaning toward the latter. I hope I’m wrong.

3. Hudson Card is the second-most physically gifted quarterback (behind Vince Young) that I have witnessed in nearly three decades of covering this program. In terms of throwing the football, I think he's the best. Barring injury, it's only a matter of when in my mind and not if.

Excellent article! One of the best I recall.

This caused me to slam on the breaks. I knew you loved the kid, but wow. Time will tell if this was a great call or a real head scratcher. I’m leaning toward the latter. I hope I’m wrong.
nothing I haven't already said numerous times.... before he enrolled and after. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't hold back.

Reactions: jshorn
There's been a lot of conversation about Blue's personal character all over the Longhorns Internet spectrum based on a bunch of half-pieces of rumor and innuendo, potentially from untrustworthy and jaded sources with skin in the game. I find some of the harsh opinions I've seen from people this weekend completely unfair. It's one thing to be judgmental, but it's another to do so without a full and complete set of details.
Spot on with this Ketch. I want to like Blue because he's going to be a Longhorn. I want to dislike the decision to skip his senior year because it gets me out of my comfort zone. But I have zero real information about what's going on with him. He could be a serious head case, he could be opting out of a toxic team/coach environment, he could just be making a business decision.

Regardless, I have no basis to form a judgement on him or his decision because I don't know anything about it.

@Ketchum ..... I haven't read through all the comments, but there is still time to edit and throw in a Kudos to the oldest Major winner on tour ever! And, I recall you being a Phil fan.

Spot on with this Ketch. I want to like Blue because he's going to be a Longhorn. I want to dislike the decision to skip his senior year because it gets me out of my comfort zone. But I have zero real information about what's going on with him. He could be a serious head case, he could be opting out of a toxic team/coach environment, he could just be making a business decision.

Regardless, I have no basis to form a judgement on him or his decision because I don't know anything about it.
Simple as that. Spot on.

Reactions: styrbjorn
@Ketchum ..... I haven't read through all the comments, but there is still time to edit and throw in a Kudos to the oldest Major winner on tour ever! And, I recall you being a Phil fan.
He got his own section...

Man, I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with your thought analysis on Blue skipping his "senior" year of HS. I have zero clue what's been said about him on message boards...as if that holds any water to begin with. However, a 17 yr old skipping out for his "future NFL" career is laughable at best. Sure, his choice and that's the country/society we live in...but come on, stop making this sound like it's no big deal. You brought up Golf of all sports too???????? Let me ask you this, what if it's a Sophomore next...or a freshman saying the same thing? Hope you have the same thoughts. Sure, we all hope it works out best for the kid, but to think this is a reasonable decision is bizarre to me.
I actually agree with Ketch on this for the reasons he mentioned plus some others. First, there are running backs (El Sed, Ricky, Earl, Jamal, etc.) that everyone knew they were going to the NFL barring a career ending injury. I think Jaydon may be in their category. Then again, he may not be. But the point is that running backs in particular have a short shelf life and if he thinks he has NFL talent, he is fully in his right to make this decision. Only Jaydon can decide what is best for Jaydon and I think everyone else needs to realize that.

... Nikola Jokic better get out of the first round of the playoffs or his MVP is going to be tainted, fair or not.
Nobody is going to call it tainted. He might get laughed at, but nobody calls Dirk's or Westbrook's MVP as tainted. Well, maybe Westbrook but that had nothing to do him losing in the first round, but instead him hanging around the rim, chasing rebounds for triple doubles instead of trying to get up court for an outlet pass.

From Rounders: Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.

From Galaxy Quest (one of many options): Did you guys ever WATCH the show?

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
He owes it to himself to make the best decisions for him. This idea that he owes a bunch of guys that don't have to give back the same commitment to him and don't risk as much is what I find ridiculous.

That is what I find silly.

Question... did you think Pink should have signed the promise sheet in Dazed and Confused?
That’s called leadership something Blue is obviously lacking.

Outside of music, your top 10 of movie quotes might be my favorite list you have done.

I watched Steel Magnolia's with the other half this weekend, and that movie has a ton of great one liners as well. I'm not giving up my man card admitting that, I don't care, lol.

Athletes make decisions for themselves all the time. Caleb Burton didn't stab his old high school teammates in the back by going to Lake Travis. I've been an advocate for Maalik Murphy transferring to a high school in the state of Texas because I think it would be in his own best interests. Murphy isn't some sort of indentured servant to his teammates at Serra High School. We all have to make decisions that indirectly impact other people in negative ways in our lives, and that's as much a part of life and becoming a man as playing in your senior season.
I think this is an excellent point and one that I haven't thought of previously. Thanks, Ketch for helping me look at it a different way.

Reactions: Ketchum
Perhaps he just hasn't read it, but interesting @Ketchum hasn't replied to my assumption that he would be ok if Blue shuts it down at the start of November every year in Austin if we aren't playing for the Big 12 and/or CFP berth. I mean, why risk it, amirite?

Reactions: 1Shooter1
ADVERTISEMENT