ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Great stuff, not so great stuff and Elmo shrugs...)

#10: I guess Ketch isn't a social justice warrior when it comes to the environment since he drives a gas guzzler

Good points on all of the football topics.

Reactions: TexasLawnghorn
Disagree. She hasn’t had the services of the star 6’7” center, only a few games w her top player this year, Higgs. Don’t forget the two transfers just before the season started, as both were projected w important playing time. She continues to recruit very well, but has been seriously limited this season, as Holmes was out 10 games or so, thwarting needed development.
Imagine if the same circumstances occurred for Mulkey or any other coach this year. Would you be calling for them to be replaced, too?
Maybe if those who are so dissatisfied w Aston actually followed the situation closely, they would see promise for the lady Horns in the next year or so.
Next year is year eight.

At one point do we establish a set of expectations fitting of her position?

Reactions: UTDB
Next year is year eight.

At one point do we establish a set of expectations fitting of her position?

The WBB experts continuously want to talk about the "excuses" this season while ignoring the previous 2 when pretty much zero progress was made in closing the gap with RU.

It was big part of my weekend and it was made in part because of the work of one of our partners.

The sponsor of the article and one of our biggest partners impacted my life in a very positive way.

Yes, that's an advertisement.
I don’t want to take this thread in another direction.....but.... after many years in the car business, usually when someone thinks they are getting the run around it’s because their stuff is not in order...ie credit! Trade equity! Time on job or income... every deal is important to a dealer... Ketch was going to buy his car there no matter what. I can assure you there were people in that dealership at the time who were getting a far better deal then he was.

The WBB experts continuously want to talk about the "excuses" this season while ignoring the previous 2 when pretty much zero progress was made in closing the gap with RU.
and I can't fathom why. I don't even know what defines success in that program? I guess second place.

Ketch was going to buy his car there no matter what.
That's not true, although my wife certainly believed that to be the case. After 14 years in a Benz, it took some convincing beyond my partnership.

The truth of the mater is that I loved the Expedition Platinum as soon as I took it for a spin. My wife has an Infinity SUV and it's just too small for a family of four that travels back and forth between Houston.

and I think you might be both overstating it and underselling how good Card is.

I’ve seen Hudson in person along with his film. He’s a sick prospect that can really spin the football. Definitely not underselling him. I see two guys that have similar skill sets and I’m going with the guy that’ll have been in the system for 5 years over the guy that’ll still be somewhat new and needs to gain 25 pounds.

I agree lay off Coach Aston, she has done a lot to bring this program back. Set back and watch the next three years, they are going to be great.

Justin Blalock was a gentle giant. Completely underrated. Could play as a mauler at guard, or a stonewall at tackle.

Reactions: Cattledog100
I’ve seen Hudson in person along with his film. He’s a sick prospect that can really spin the football. Definitely not underselling him. I see two guys that have similar skill sets and I’m going with the guy that’ll have been in the system for 5 years over the guy that’ll still be somewhat new and needs to gain 25 pounds.

At this point, at best, it's probably a bit of a crapshoot to project that for '22. Obviously a big year is going to be '21 where we would project to have a new QB post-Sam. At that point you will have Thompson in year 4, RoJo in year 3 and Card in year 2. Now, one can venture a decent guess that Thompson and RoJo will be the top 2 candidates to succeed Sam for '21. However, who knows how Card will look his true frosh year as a likely redshirt. Also, Card will likely already be 15 pounds heavier by the time he arrives in '20.

Not sure many people underrate Blalock. JMO. I think the majority of this board would quickly name him as a top OL in any such list.

Correct - I would wager this board is much more knowledgable than the average fan.

I guess I think of it like this: If you ask random UT fan on the street about the greatness of players in the USC Rose Bowl, the majority would not even register Blalock as a unquestioned superstar. I was glad to see Ketch had him highly rated on his list.

How is Bob McKay not on the top 10 offensive lineman list.
Consensus All American on the 1969 National Championship team
Played nine years in the pros.
Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame

Disagree. She hasn’t had the services of the star 6’7” center, only a few games w her top player this year, Higgs. Don’t forget the two transfers just before the season started, as both were projected w important playing time. She continues to recruit very well, but has been seriously limited this season, as Holmes was out 10 games or so, thwarting needed development.
Imagine if the same circumstances occurred for Mulkey or any other coach this year. Would you be calling for them to be replaced, too?
Maybe if those who are so dissatisfied w Aston actually followed the situation closely, they would see promise for the lady Horns in the next year or so.

Just being 6'7" does not make an incoming freshman a star. She was going to be a work-in-progress who did not post up much in high school. Not saying she may not be good, but sure hasn't shown that yet. Aston is not bad either, but she has never once coached up her talent in 7 years as the head coach.

As time gets closer that will win out IMO over playing with another superstar back.

Increasingly players who want sustained NFL careers are astute enough to know that splitting carries at D1 leaves more tread on the tires and years in the career in the NFL. Likely fewer injuries as well. Other backs have said this as well. This is the rest of the logic.

Correct - I would wager this board is much more knowledgable than the average fan.

I guess I think of it like this: If you ask random UT fan on the street about the greatness of players in the USC Rose Bowl, the majority would not even register Blalock as a unquestioned superstar. I was glad to see Ketch had him highly rated on his list.

No doubt. But that's more about the usual realm of obscurity in which OL operate. JMO. But definitely to your point, Blalock was simply an all-timer. IMO, he and Dan Neil are the top 2 OL going back probably at least 40 years.

Increasingly players who want sustained NFL careers are astute enough to know that splitting carries at D1 leaves more tread on the tires and years in the career in the NFL. Likely fewer injuries as well. Other backs have said this as well. This is the rest of the logic.

Yep. I imagine that's part of any relatively easy pitch the staff is making.

Reactions: Dualthreat
Some have an odd desire to not want to hear ANY criticism of a UT HC.
27 win average last 4 yrs. has won 21 so far this season, even with all the obstacles the team has faced.
3 sweet sixteens and 1 elite 8 in the previous 4 seasons. If the men’s team had done as well, we would all be ecstatic.
Expectations are very high for next season w Prince in the lineup. I don’t understand what you so-called experts are so upset about.
Mulkey has had the best WBB team in the big 12 this decade, and likely top 3 national rank over those years, for sure, but that doesn’t take away from what Coach Aston has recorded. Get off your high horses and support the team and coach!

@Ketchum I don't watch soccer and I usually skip past your soccer commentary but, the way you worded the description of the video was confusing. Are you saying the Manager should be sitting in the stands or the goalkeeper? That kid is a little POS and should be booted from the team whether the contract has to be paid out or not. Entitled little POS. A football coach or baseball Manager would have drug a player like that off the field.

2022 will be Card's third season in the system...

ADVERTISEMENT