ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Have I lost my mind? Quite possibly...)

I'm not generally a fan of Affleck, but The Town was great.

Also a big fan of The Accountant in which affleck plays an assassin on the autism spectrum. Can't wait for the sequel.

That movie is incredibly underrated. If you like John Wick type shows, The Accountant should definitely be up your alley. (The Accountant isn't nearly as far-fetched as JW either)
Another movie I need to see. I feel like I've seen 30 minutes of it on cable.

Reactions: bigeye6912
* Senior right tackle/possible starting center Derek Kerstetter didn't make a single all-Big 12 team in 2019, but Pro Football Focus reports that he has the highest returning pass protection grade of any lineman in a power five program in the entire country.

JMO, but I think you've been overcooking Kerstetter this past offseason based simply on that PFF report. Before that report came out would your eyes have told you anything other thank Kerstetter's been decent at best? Maybe solid?

De Nada.

Don't like the rise in local COVID cases bro. Here's my hope - that all of us OBers - my fat old rear included - are around come September, healthy as ever, to watch our Longhorn Football Team. HookEm.

JMO, but I think you've been overcooking Kerstetter this past offseason based simply on that PFF report. Before that report came out would your eyes have told you anything other thank Kerstetter's been decent at best? Maybe solid?
Solid.

Reactions: PaulieD
De Nada.

Don't like the rise in local COVID cases bro. Here's my hope - that all of us OBers - my fat old rear included - are around come September, healthy as ever, to watch our Longhorn Football Team. HookEm.
I think we're learning in the last couple of weeks what can and can't happen. These players have to start treating their season like pros do. They have to be disciplined. They can't go out to 6th street for a while. They can't act normal.

(Buy) Yes, I still believe we're going to see football as scheduled, but everyone needs to start understanding that in order to pull it off, it's going to require being smart and not doing what a number of LSU players did, which is apparently catch it in a downtown bar district. Everyone is going to need to start being a little wiser as we head into July about how they manage their time away from sports

Your "buy" is based on 18-22 y.o. athletes making wise decisions. At best that's a shaky buy. The reality is July is less than 10 days away and teams are just now starting to see the issues with infections amongst their teams.

Yes. Big Shaun. He and Casey are the best DT tandem we've ever had. Frankly, not that close.
You are definitely the retroactive president of the Rogers fan club. I thought of you when I asked the question.

I think we're learning in the last couple of weeks what can and can't happen. These players have to start treating their season like pros do. They have to be disciplined. They can't go out to 6th street for a while. They can't act normal.
So sad - but SO very very true. Goes for ALL of us. Stay safe.

Your "buy" is based on 18-22 y.o. athletes making wise decisions. At best that's a shaky buy. The reality is July is less than 10 days away and teams are just now starting to see the issues with infections amongst their teams.
Yes, but those infection numbers should go way down in the next two weeks. They have to start staying down.

So sad - but SO very very true. Goes for ALL of us. Stay safe.
True, but the consequences aren't as harsh for us. Imagine the season goes along and a player misses a game in October against OU because they decided to go out to a bar on 6th street.

It sucks, but if football matters to these players at all, they have to understand that they have to start staying home and away from all large gatherings that aren't football related.

I miss watching Jordan Spieth be the baddest you know what in the world at his craft.

That one season was 5 years ago, and it's been 35 months since he's received a winner's check.

No. 9 - The List: Most Underrated Movies of the Last 10 Years ...

I decided to copy an idea from the board this week.

My rules for qualifying as underrated is that it couldn't have been nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture. That's it. Anything else goes.

10. Contagion (2011)
9. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
8. The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
7. Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
6. Blade Runner: 2049 (2017)
5. A Most Violent Year (2014)
4. The Master (2012)
3. Inside Out (2015)
2. Crazy, Stupid Love (2011)
1. The Town (2010)

Well, if I had to have seen just one of those 10 then apparently it was the right one. For sure The Town is grossly underrated.

True, but the consequences aren't as harsh for us. Imagine the season goes along and a player misses a game in October against OU because they decided to go out to a bar on 6th street.

It sucks, but if football matters to these players at all, they have to understand that they have to start staying home and away from all large gatherings that aren't football related.
Agreed, and point taken.

Anyone else feel Ossai will compare very well to Sergio Kindle when put on DL?

it's very possible Kindle isn't as good as Ossai when it's all said and done. For SURE, Ossai is a far superior LB because can move in all 4 directions. Don't expect that to change when he's lining up at DE.

You are definitely the retroactive president of the Rogers fan club. I thought of you when I asked the question.

Damn shame he got hurt early in '00 which hampered his play because I think he was a guy who could have been a top 10-15 pick instead of falling to round 2.

Damn shame he got hurt early in '00 which hampered his play because I think he was a guy who could have been a top 10-15 pick instead of falling to round 2.
I hope later in life he was able to get his hands on the dude that cheap shotted him.

Reactions: RLong68
It's a 10 on the re-watchable 1-10 scale.

BwtXGms.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT