ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Heads need to roll in Waco)

No. He didn't. He questioned the sincerity of the weeping in the piece. Did you weep? Do you really believe there was weeping? If so, do you believe that to be a normal response to a story with which you have absolutely no connection and one in which justice was ultimately served? If your friend, with no direct connection to this story, standing next to you started weeping when discussing this story, would you find that mundane? Does it not seem a bit like unnecessary drama in a strange crusade? Does this whole thing not seem a little.... Off?

I am not a man afraid to cry. I cried when my children were born. I cried when I said my wedding vows. I have cried when I've been overwhelmed by the love I feel for my family. So on and so forth.

@jshorn started in this thread with that. There's nothing wrong with that. At that point, the hyenas came calling and it went where it went.
You seem hung up on hyenas.

No. He didn't. He questioned the sincerity of the weeping in the piece. Did you weep? Do you really believe there was weeping? If so, do you believe that to be a normal response to a story with which you have absolutely no connection and one in which justice was ultimately served? If your friend, with no direct connection to this story, standing next to you started weeping when discussing this story, would you find that mundane? Does it not seem a bit like unnecessary drama in a strange crusade? Does this whole thing not seem a little.... Off?

I am not a man afraid to cry. I cried when my children were born. I cried when I said my wedding vows. I have cried when I've been overwhelmed by the love I feel for my family. So on and so forth.

@jshorn started in this thread with that. There's nothing wrong with that. At that point, the hyenas came calling and it went where it went.

You did not read all of his posts the, because he certainly did.

Ketch is drawing attention to the cover-up, not the crime itself.

Is he? Or, some might argue he's drawing attention to himself. I know BOBA would.

I don't think this story is going anywhere and investigations are already underway on a few levels (from my understanding). Thusly, a lot of us find the back-patting on the courage to draw attention to something that already has a hell of a lot of attention odd. I believe there are tweets about every 5-6 minutes, on average, by a staff member screaming to be heard on the issue. An issue that none of them are even remotely connected to outside of working for or running a website focused on a rival team. You can't see how all of that would rub people the wrong way or at least strike them as odd? If not, that's fine.

You did not read all of his posts the, because he certainly did.

Nothing matters to me beyond the initial post. I already said I don't necessarily agree with how @jshorn rolls on every thread. I would do things differently. I would've handled the subsequent posts differently. That said, it went where it went after he stepped out there and questioned something. People were too busy fawning and, I suppose, weeping and didn't want to be interrupted with an outside thought.

Is he? Or, some might argue he's drawing attention to himself. I know BOBA would.

I don't think this story is going anywhere and investigations are already underway on a few levels (from my understanding). Thusly, a lot of us find the back-patting on the courage to draw attention to something that already has a hell of a lot of attention odd. I believe there are tweets about every 5-6 minutes, on average, by a staff member screaming to be heard on the issue. An issue that none of them are even remotely connected to outside of working for or running a website focused on a rival team. You can't see how all of that would rub people the wrong way or at least strike them as odd? If not, that's fine.

Give me a break- he's not Tom Freaking Brokaw. He's allowed to do a little editorializing. This board would be hella' boring if we implemented the Joe Friday approach to every write-up. This board is filled with opinions (you know what those are like). Again, it's 'Ketch's Ten Thoughts,' not 'Ketch's Ten Facts.'

joefriday.jpg

As far as whether heads actually roll over this- we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: cordpetee
Nobody in this thread is at risk. Again, if I'm on the wrong side of the decision, I'm open to reconsidering the decision.

Honestly, I figured a parade would be in order from a majority of subscribers.
It's blatantly obvious that he trolls like no other on this site and it's not close. IMO, he believes about 25% of the shit he posts. As Texasguy said, he never goes to attack mode and numerous posters I know off the board say he's a great (not good...great) guy.

I think that's why you're not seeing the parade. Most people aren't bothered by him because his schtick is obvious and it's not aggressive. I say bring him back.

Nothing matters to me beyond the initial post. I already said I don't necessarily agree with how @jshorn rolls on every thread. I would do things differently. I would've handled the subsequent posts differently. That said, it went where it went after he stepped out there and questioned something. People were too busy fawning and, I suppose, weeping and didn't want to be interrupted with an outside thought.

Well, I am sure sorry all that "fawning" inconvenienced you. Course, you could have scrolled through and all but next time we'll clear it with you, alright?:rolleyes:

There are proven facts here. Have you paid any attention to anything?

Never said there weren't. In fact, I said specifically, "At this point of he-said versus he-said with a sprinkling of truths and partial truths and loads of innuendo...".

Although, sometimes all facts are not revealed. Have you ever wondered about the young lady in San Antonio who became too friendly with Case and Jordan? She suddenly changed her mind about pressing charges and agreed to just drop the whole thing. Both players re-instated within 15 days. Mack, "We'll handle this discipline in house!" Nothing to see here, move along.

Reactions: texasguy2310
I said this on another thread, but I have read the many posts on this crime and a couple of points that don't seem to be emphasized enough are these:

1. The criminal was a freshman All America player so obviously it would require a serious offense to get him dismissed. Not just being "depressed or homesick ". Huge red flag.
2. After the accusations Baylor continued to pay for the criminal's tuition and his housing which was also the scene of the crime.
3. Baylor left other potential victims in harms way while the criminal continued to have access to the spoils of a college scholarship athlete.
4. The girl victim was a Freshman. Less than two months on campus and a few months from her high school years.

I have serious concerns about the utter and complete disregard for the safety of coeds on their campus.

I'm not sure how one would calculate the traffic he drives, but I would imagine it's a lot. There aren't a whole lot of more recognizable O-Bloods posters around anymore and maybe zero that inspire the same kinds of reactions (good and bad). Didn't he have something like 1,000 "likes" on here before you banned him? Again, what was the big picture other than you not appreciating his position on things and the hyenas sending you emails?

I realize that this seems like Texas Guy's white knighting campaign, and while there's something to that, I'm mainly irritated as my next disagreement with the mob may be my last. Or @UTwiz, or @echeese, or any number of posters that don't always follow lockstep.

It's basically why I stick to soccer threads anymore here.

Good piece of writing Geoff, I enjoyed it.

Well, I am sure sorry all that "fawning" inconvenienced you. Course, you could have scrolled through and all but next time we'll clear it with you, alright?:rolleyes:

I'm not inconvenienced. I'm just expressing my opinions in a forum designed for just such a purpose.

It's blatantly obvious that he trolls like no other on this site and it's not close. IMO, he believes about 25% of the shit he posts. As Texasguy said, he never goes to attack mode and numerous posters I know off the board say he's a great (not good...great) guy.

I think that's why you're not seeing the parade. Most people aren't bothered by him because his schtick is obvious and it's not aggressive. I say bring him back.

Pretty much sums it up for me, too. I rarely read what BOBA posts and almost never reply because he's constantly trolling the board, and if he is being serious, how would you know? Just can't take the guy serious because of his shtick. It was telling when echeese said he rarely reads what he post because he's always been echeese's boy. OTOH, I'm sure I'd enjoy having a beer with BOBA and sure he's a good guy.

Never paid much attention to JSHorn until this weekend. Basing on a sample size from this weekend alone, seems like the dude treats every post as a dick measuring contest. Maybe he's not always like this but it sure seemed like it the last few days. Probably not the case all the time since he has 11K posts.

@texasguy2310 Since I posted about your boys, I'm sure you'll have a reply. Always considered you a solid poster, and we even had a little back and forth the other day....all in fun, and you made me chuckle a few times. However, I find it it kinda odd that you feel like it is your and BOBA's duty to make hyenas dance. After all, when it all boils down, the "hyenas" are just folks with a differing opinion, and sometimes in big numbers.

It feels kinda odd voicing opinions about other posters because I surely have plenty of moments on OB that I regret (except challenging Shaunsters to a fist fight one night......okay I kinda regret that), but that is what the thread has turned into, and you seem to keep it going so I thought I'd throw in my .02.

Pretty much sums it up for me, too. I rarely read what BOBA posts and almost never reply because he's constantly trolling the board, and if he is being serious, how would you know? Just can't take the guy serious because of his shtick. It was telling when echeese said he rarely reads what he post because he's always been echeese's boy. OTOH, I'm sure I'd enjoy having a beer with BOBA and sure he's a good guy.

Never paid much attention to JSHorn until this weekend. Basing on a sample size from this weekend alone, seems like the dude treats every post as a dick measuring contest. Maybe he's not always like this but it sure seemed like it the last few days. Probably not the case all the time since he has 11K posts.

@texasguy2310 Since I posted about your boys, I'm sure you'll have a reply. Always considered you a solid poster, and we even had a little back and forth the other day....all in fun, and you made me chuckle a few times. However, I find it it kinda odd that you feel like it is your and BOBA's duty to make hyenas dance. After all, when it all boils down, the "hyenas" are just folks with a differing opinion, and sometimes in big numbers.

It feels kinda odd voicing opinions about other posters because I surely have plenty of moments on OB that I regret (except challenging Shaunsters to a fist fight one night......okay I kinda regret that), but that is what the thread has turned into, and you seem to keep it going so I thought I'd throw in my .02.

I ain't even mad atcha.

Reactions: orangeuglad

Which other stories would you not like OB staff to cover? This is an important story whether you want it to be or not. I suggest you just skip over them if you can't deal with what is happening at Baylor.

Which other stories would you not like OB staff to cover? This is an important story whether you want it to be or not. I suggest you just skip over them if you can't deal with what is happening at Baylor.

Literally nothing that you just typed applies to me. Did you mean to direct that to someone else?

Literally nothing that you just typed applies to me. Did you mean to direct that to someone else?

Oh, okay sorry, I thought you were accusing OB staff of reporting the story to draw attention to themselves rather than what was happening at Baylor. If you didn't say that, I apologize.

Reactions: Take Dead Aim
Oh, okay sorry, I thought you were accusing OB staff of reporting the story to draw attention to themselves rather than what was happening at Baylor. If you didn't say that, I apologize.

No, no. I would absolutely expect them to post thoughts on the story. The whole sports world is talking about it. What I wouldn't expect is the bizarre crusade that it's become. I wouldn't expect the Tweets every 5-6 minutes begging Briles, Baylor, or anyone they can find to engage with them. I wouldn't expect them to take all this so personally when none of them are even remotely connected to the story. I also wouldn't expect my little buddy, BOBA, to get banned for voicing some dissent.

Make no mistake in where I'm coming from. This is a massive story. What it's not is anything to do with the O-Bloods staff. I find misc emoting on the subject by those in no way involved and the Twitter campaign to be strange at best and disingenuous at worst. I hope I've clarified things on my front. If you disagree, more power to ya.

Linking Briles to the "chastity" of women? Did I read that correctly? Care to enlighten us with your layman's definition of rape?

Sure. What excerpt from my post was intending to convey was that I don't hold Art Briles responsible for the security of women in Waco, TX. That work?

ADVERTISEMENT