ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (I missed the Aggies, bring on Thanksgiving 2024)

Derrick Johnson deserves his UT number retired IMO…best defensive player I’ve seen play in my life, and Nobis is currently the only retired defensive number…it’s time for another.

Could not disagree more re: Texas playing the ags. They are insufferable and annoying on a level that makes just being around then, seeing them and hearing them miserable.

I F'ing HATE aggy. I hate maroon, saw em off, gig em and their holier than, we are better fans attitude.

I would be good if Texas never played them again.
Speaking the truth

• Love
Reactions: PBakerTX
For the most part, I can't disagree with your SEC analysis except to say I think you're mistaken about Aggles not wanting to play Texas. There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm on Aggie Yell for making the Horns a regular rival. However, most seem to want to keep LSU as the last game of the season.

You're right about A&M wasting the last decade, and we have a very slim advantage over Texas at the moment. But like most Aggies, I'm drinking the koolade and hoping this is the year we get things on track. And you're also right about Kelvin Banks. We could have used him.

In any event, an interesting write up. Looking forward to renewing the rivalry.

Bro this has the potential to be an epic troll butt your gonna need to crank up the douche factor for the homies to believe your a real aggy my hoss.

Reactions: DB1984
Crash Davis reference. I love you
Greatest Baseball Movie Catchers

1. Crash Davis - Bull Durham

2. Jake Taylor - Major League

3. Dottie Henson - A League of Their Own

4. Ham - Sandlot

5. Engelberg - Bad News Bears

6. Gus Sinski - For the Love of the Game

7. Rube Baker - Major League 2-3

8. Jack Parkman - Major League 2

9. Hodgie - Little Big League

10. Catcher - Everybody Wants Some

Last edited:
Reactions: drunk randoke
I now see how you intended to use the comment I made about a month ago about Alabama and Georgia being in a class based themselves and UT being one of the top rated recruiting schools but woefully behind Bama and the Dawgs that you responded to by saying you were preparing an article that would address it. I have been wondering when I would see it and I like to what you wrote. Thanks.

I also believe if Sark is able to make the CFPs (which means it must be in the top 4 each year in the SEC) and with the $$$ UT has for NIL, UT should be positioned to decease the gap between itself and the top two, especially with Saban likely retiring in the next 3-5 years.

Saban's leaving in the next few years is certainly a wildcard.

Derrick Johnson deserves his UT number retired IMO…best defensive player I’ve seen play in my life, and Nobis is currently the only retired defensive number…it’s time for another.
What's the criteria used?

Ketch...I loved the Super Blue Chip analysis. I know you are busy, yet it would be helpful if you could show the Super Blue Chips over the last 2 and 4 years for the Big 12 schools including the new entering schools. I assume UT and OU are ahead of the others (but could be wrong), which would indicate the poor player development in Austin since the Super Blues did not translate into good on-field performance. It would also illustrate the competition that we are leaving and where we are headed.

Also, how many Super Blues has UT lost that were recruited from the beginning of the Herman-era to now? I do not have a firm grasp on this, but it seems we lost some along the way. If I am correct, does this happen much at other schools? I do not expect it to happen much under Sark.

The other component that I think is quite meaningful in determining elite on-field performance is whether the team has an upperclassman at QB and upperclassmen in the trenches, especially OL. I would like to hear your thoughts on this and any analytics you can provide.

I also think that a team has been able to be a 9/10-win team without recruiting at the level of Bama and UGA, whether in the SEC or elsewhere, and sometimes when the recruiting planets align properly, they could even make the 4-team CFP, but I bet few teams have been NCs without (1) quite a few Super Blue Chippers, and (2) experienced upperclassmen at the QB and OL. In other words, teams, like TCU this year can catch lightening in a bottle and get to the CFP, due to #2 above, but eventually will lose due to not having enough #1.

I think with NIL and the time Eltife and CDC are giving Sark, we might get eventually be able to compete annually at the elite level. I sure hope that is correct.

Thanks for your efforts in helping us understand this important issue.

F aggy. I will sell my home tickets for aggy game at DKR. I refuse to be in the same vacinity with this “cult”. It has been wonderful the last 10 years not be anywhere near these people.
I don't mind being around them when they are at DKR but don't have any intention of being around them at Pyle Field.
A few years back (Maybe 2008) at DKR, I had the pleasure of sitting behind 2 ags at our then annual game .
I was wearing my 2005 National Championship T-Shirt and one of them asked me how long I was going to milk it.
I asked him if he still had his 1939 T-Shirt which shut him up pretty good .

I learned to hate Arkansas fans in 1954 when they beat us in Austin. They hated the State of Texas, not just The University of Texas. So as a young Texan I became a staunch Longhorn fan.
1964...14-13, we loss, but DKR learned from it and went for two om the first TD in '69. In addition, by losing in'64 UT was able to play in the first night Orange Bowl and beat Namath and Bear.

But YES, another Natty, and a back-to-back one, would have been sweet.

Reactions: boernefan
Greatest Baseball Movie Catchers

1. Crash Davis - Bull Durham

2. Jake Taylor - Major League

3. Dottie Henson - A League log their Own

4. Ham - Sandlot

5. Engelberg - Bad News Bears

6. Gus Sinski - For the Love of the Game

7. Rube Baker - Major League 2-3

8. Jack Parkman - Major League 2

9. Hodgie - Little Big League

10. Catcher - Everybody Wants Some
strong list

a. It's mostly revenue they won't be receiving, except for the Fox money, I believe.

b. There's no regular rotation at the moment. That stops when a game isn't played for a decade and the last one was in a different conference.

c. It's going to be in College Station.
If we play the ags away in 24, I think it pretty much guarantees we get the hogs in Austin that year .
That means every year going forward we would get 1 home game/1 away game/1 neutral site game amongst our designated rivals .

Reactions: RBJudge
Ketch...I loved the Super Blue Chip analysis. I know you are busy, yet it would be helpful if you could show the Super Blue Chips over the last 2 and 4 years for the Big 12 schools including the new entering schools. I assume UT and OU are ahead of the others (but could be wrong), which would indicate the poor player development in Austin since the Super Blues did not translate into good on-field performance. It would also illustrate the competition that we are leaving and where we are headed.

Also, how many Super Blues has UT lost that were recruited from the beginning of the Herman-era to now? I do not have a firm grasp on this, but it seems we lost some along the way. If I am correct, does this happen much at other schools? I do not expect it to happen much under Sark.

The other component that I think is quite meaningful in determining elite on-field performance is whether the team has an upperclassman at QB and upperclassmen in the trenches, especially OL. I would like to hear your thoughts on this and any analytics you can provide.

I also think that a team has been able to be a 9/10-win team without recruiting at the level of Bama and UGA, whether in the SEC or elsewhere, and sometimes when the recruiting planets align properly, they could even make the 4-team CFP, but I bet few teams have been NCs without (1) quite a few Super Blue Chippers, and (2) experienced upperclassmen at the QB and OL. In other words, teams, like TCU this year can catch lightening in a bottle and get to the CFP, due to #2 above, but eventually will lose due to not having enough #1.

I think with NIL and the time Eltife and CDC are giving Sark, we might get eventually be able to compete annually at the elite level. I sure hope that is correct.

Thanks for your efforts in helping us understand this important issue.
all things I'll be working on for the future, although most of the Big 12 has minimal super blue chips.

I don't mind being around them when they are at DKR but don't have any intention of being around them at Pyle Field.
A few years back (Maybe 2008) at DKR, I had the pleasure of sitting behind 2 ags at our then annual game .
I was wearing my 2005 National Championship T-Shirt and one of them asked me how long I was going to milk it.
I asked him if he still had his 1939 T-Shirt which shut him up pretty good .
Seriously. Their self-awareness is also set on low;

How many of the Ag's 25 super blue chips are still on the team?
I'll do that article a little later. I want the rosters to be as final as possible, so I don't have to write it twice.

If we play the ags away in 24, I think it pretty much guarantees we get the hogs in Austin that year .
That means every year going forward we would get 1 home game/1 away game/1 neutral site game amongst our designated rivals .
The Arkansas game is projected to be in Austin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT