ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Ignore my narcissism for a moment...)

True, but quarterbacks matter more than OLs and DLs. It's the most important position in team sports at the college level.

Have you ever broken down the offensive lines by recruiting rankings that played in front of VY, Colt, and Sam?

So @Ketchum, do you think you'll be able to objectively evaluate Ewers over the next year and a half and possibly move him up your rankings? Or are you going to cling to your current ranking to be different, regardless of what the film says (like you admitted to doing with Luck and Griffin)?

Like I said in another thread- over time Ketch catches up and he will be in his Top 3, maybe even Number 1 by the time he has to officially grade the kid for the history books. Relax folks.

Ash is my favorite QB since Colt. I can't wait to see Card and Milroe I just hope they have some good OL. We will always have good WR/DB need Lineman. Why do we have so many top QB signed and no OL?
Because this staff is better at recruiting quarterbacks than offensive linemen.

But if you put a below-average qb behind a great oline you probably win more than a great qb behind a below-average oline. The great qb gets hurt behind the bad line. When we had Simms, Vince and the first few years with Colt our oline talent was stellar. The last year Colt played his ass off behind an average to below-average oline. Look how he got ragdolled in the big12 championship against Nebraska. I have never heard it mentioned, but I believe the injury in the Alabama game was probably something that was already damaged or lingering from the beating he took in the Nebraska game. Texas NEEDS coach Hand to get the most out of the talent he has on the roster and develop Angilau, Hookfin, Tyler Johnson, and all the high ranking freshman we have coming in. Get these guys drafted so we can recruit the top linemen in the state every year so that we can start to put NFL caliber offensive lines on the field.
I disagree. A great quarterback is the tide that lifts all boards.

Gotcha, I missed that. In that case, I would go with Vic Mackey from The Shield. I know dirty cops are taboo right now, but anyone who presses a child rapists' face into an electric griddle like a grilled cheese sandwich is a badass by any definition.
I've never seen the show. That felt like a prerequisite for putting him on the list.

Whatabout someone from E company
Negan was crazy strong as was reedus’s Daryl character
And BA Barrackas from the A team
Amos from the expanse is certifiable
NoHo Hank and Barry are pretty strong
Optimus Prime was the OG badass, with HeMan
Dexter was a force until his writers made him fall in love with his sister
Pesky Blinders Thomas?
Ragnar from Vikings
You almost put together an entire top 10!

So @Ketchum, do you think you'll be able to objectively evaluate Ewers over the next year and a half and possibly move him up your rankings? Or are you going to cling to your current ranking to be different, regardless of what the film says (like you admitted to doing with Luck and Griffin)?
I always try to remain objective.

I change my thoughts on kids all the time.

He's just a kid and his body hasn't developed fully.

Let me break it down to you lin pictures.

This is the body of a 17-year old Jalen Milroe

EfEwfGOXoAE1itb

I haven't seen a great recent photo of Ewers, but here he is in pads last season.

9636702.jpeg

He's just not quite there from a physical standpoint IMO. That's my only hold up on five-star status and it's about timing more than anything. It's hard after all these years of making mistakes to give a five-star ranking to a quarterback unless he has special physical make-up.

My original evaluation of Ewers is that he's still at the early stages of his physical evolution. It wasn't meant as an insult. I think when I did the first LSR rankings, I ranked players that were better physical specimens ahead of him in a few cases.

Reactions: JRock Hookem
Like I said in another thread- over time Ketch catches up and he will be in his Top 3, maybe even Number 1 by the time he has to officially grade the kid for the history books. Relax folks.
If he's THAT dude, you are almost certainly right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT