ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Intel you need to know)

Longhorn volleyball didn't play their best. But they gutted it up. Tightened things up, and willed themselves to beat beat BYU Thursday and Friday. Now hope they can beat KU Thursday and Fri. Then drive up to Dallas for the Oklahoma beat down

Longhorn volleyball didn't play their best. But they gutted it up. Tightened things up, and willed themselves to beat beat BYU Thursday and Friday. Now hope they can beat KU Thursday and Fri. Then drive up to Dallas for the Oklahoma beat down
They seem to be growing into the team they want to be. Slowly, but maybe surely.

As I've said, in the thread, I certainly didn't like it the first time I saw it.

This article on Criterion.com calls it "arguably the greatest war film ever made,"

I don’t know. I guess a war movie has to actually know something about war and express an opinion related to the war ( which this one did in spades, at the option part) and in my opinion display something relevant about the war.

TRL was just silly from the get go. When you talk about Guadalcanal, of the say 1000 or more books on the subject, are there more than two than make no mention of the marine corps?!? This one and some other equally crappy book?

I mean it would be like making a Korean War movie about chosin reservoir and again not mentioning the marine corps (but at least they had corsairs!).

But again, the marine corps has 2 very very bright shining spots in ww2. Iwo and the canal. And this movie chose to focus on the mop up duty at the end by the army?!?

Then wtf?!? Naked village boys?!! And butterflies and flowers?!?

Yeah, like I said not even in my top 50. Definitely makes my top 10 least favorite.

One you did miss was Battle of Britain which is actually above all things a war movie not a movie set in war. Like midway and bridge too far it discusses specific actual things that took place.

No Midway; The Sands of Iwo Jima; 12 O’clock High; Run Silent, Run Deep?

No Midway; The Sands of Iwo Jima; 12 O’clock High; Run Silent, Run Deep?
No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

Definitely for the have nots.
But then the competitive equation changes.

The equation that created the college football juggernaut is discarded in favor of a new equation which seems extremely likely, in my view, to create fewer haves and more have-nots than the previous equation.

But then the competitive equation changes.

The equation that created the college football juggernaut is discarded in favor of a new equation which seems extremely likely, in my view, to create fewer haves and more have-nots than the previous equation.
Probably correct.

As a fan, work becomes a little less hard when you've got this kind of team to root for. Food tastes better. Jokes are funnier. Your spouse's nagging is a little less bothersome.

As a fan, my wife tastes better. My food is funnier. My jokes are a little less bothersome.

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
Actually the second movie I remember seeing was King Kong, which was pretty terrifying at 4 years old.
Damn right. Haha. I would have been giddy to watch a real fight between King Kong and Godzilla. There’s also something wrong with me.

Reactions: Coelacanth
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT