ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Legends were made on Sunday...)

This makes me happy that Texas has a professional college Athletic Director who has enough confidence in his abilities to put aside fans and message board moguls.

BUY or SELL: UT’s recruiting class makes the top 10 this year, but somewhere between 7-10?

(Sell) Put me down for a top-five class.
Did a little birdie tell you something? I choose to believe

I loved the part in GOT when Sam suggests democracy and they all laugh at him...classic. I thought there would be some big twist but the writers played it straight up with an ending in which everyone got what they wanted (except Dany)...

All hail men’s tennis...natty’s don’t come around very often...gotta celebrate whenever we get one.

Point Break never fails to disappoint...Swayze, Reaves and Busey were all great, and what’s better than bank robbing, adrenaline junkie surfers?
exactly!

Reactions: Universal Horn
If you’re saying Texas shouldn’t talk contract extensions with Tom Herman yet, it most certainly should not with David Pierce yet either. I’ll say the same thing about Pierce’s team as I did about Herman’s. I will not cast a judgement until the players he recruited are upperclassmen. Next season for both football and baseball will be very telling of where the programs are. Ketch, my question to you: Now that the course of the season has transpired, how many games did the season-ending injury to David Hamilton cost the baseball team this season?

EXTREMELY good point here. With an offensive lens, the analysts can provide just as much valuable insight to the defense. Offense and defense isn’t a matter of “chicken or egg” - defense must be reactive to offense. Just take the success we’ve seen in the past with revolutionary schemes like the triple option and the air raid. The offensive analysts can look at a scheme and help a defense prepare against its possible outcomes. Herman has made it clear how he wants to win games and number one is by playing great defense. These are football analysts. Their football experience will be leveraged in as many ways as possible.
The Hamilton injury was massive. It's the difference between playing post-season baseball IMO and not.

This makes me happy that Texas has a professional college Athletic Director who has enough confidence in his abilities to put aside fans and message board moguls.
I mean... Mike Perrin had that as well.

After Jon killed Dany,

1) not sure who exactly reported that he did it since the dragon flew away and nobody witnessed it

2) They never would have not executed him -that's just stupid.

For what
The Hamilton injury was massive. It's the difference between playing post-season baseball IMO and not.
For whatever reason, the wheels came off. the bats disappeared early on, then the pitching turned to crap. This team just lost it's will to win.

After Jon killed Dany,

1) not sure who exactly reported that he did it since the dragon flew away and nobody witnessed it

2) They never would have not executed him -that's just stupid.
I would have put the whole thing on Drogon, since the body was gone.

Tw9ql.gif

Yeah, getting past Grey Worm and the horde of Dotraki's was a bit of a plot hole.
yeah, but I can understand why B&B were like, "Sure, but F them. That's another two episodes we can't squeeze into six."

yeah, but I can understand why B&B were like, "Sure, but F them. That's another two episodes we can't squeeze into six."

Guess you can add in Varys final message. I'll spoil the message for you, it read, "This is total BS!"

BUY or SELL: Not only does Shaka Smart stay at Texas, but his 2019-2020 team makes it to the NCAA Sweet 16?

(Sell) That's just too much of a leap for me to make.

Must have been short on questions this week for this one to make the cut. A coach that hasn't won a single tournament game in 4 seasons at Texas, who hasn't made a Sweet 16 since 2011, having to replace 3 starters off an NIT team, and we are asking ourselves if he will make the Sweet 16 next year as a legitimate question?

Anyone else think of Michael Chang's celebration when winning the French Open title after Ito's celebration for winning the NCAA title? Very, very similar. Same part of the court, too.

Reactions: GHHorn
- No way Milwaukee will push a veteran/great team like Golden State to seven games.

- I'm super skeptical about Shaka to Michigan. Just doesn't add up.

- For years everyone said boxing needs the heavyweight division to be exciting to renew interest from casual fans. Well, Wilder has flaws, but he has dominated nearly every opponent he has faced. Wilder, Fury and Joshua are making this fun.

Completely agree with you on the dubious decision by CDC to extend Herman’s contract now.

DeLoss Dodd’s was a great AD for Texas, but he made 2 critical mistakes towards the end of his tenure, the LHN and the over-the-top enabling of 3 great Texas head coaches, Mack Brown, Rick Barnes and Augie Garrido. Particularly irksome was Deloss’ tendency to raise their comp and extend their contracts after only OK seasons. Steve Patterson and Mike Perrin continued that mistaken pattern with Shaka.

I’m a fan of Tom Herman and believe he’s the right guy. But his game-management was poor in season #1 and his tendency to be upset by underdogs or end up in unnecessarily tight games with them is a continuing concern. Genuinely great head coaches take care of business with underdogs, both on the road and at home.

There was little rationale for CDC to extend and raise Herman now. First, Tom needs to win the Big 12 Title.

WTH???? You lost all credibility the moment you listed Keanu Reeves performance in Point Break as his best. I mean, seriously, that is universally considered his most wooden and worst acting. Uggh.
True, but Patrick Swayze, Lori Petty and Gary Busey sure helped.

I never agreed with more of your 10 things than this one. I don’t know who you are but what did you do with Ketchum?

Reactions: bbussell1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT