ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Let's have an honest talk about where things stand...)

I don’t have time to explain everything in a detail and comprehensive manner so that posters on here can understand. Mod rules on here.
Yes, apparently Tom’s innovation is so innovative that literally nobody can understand it, including his team.

Reactions: Cattledog100
Ummmm they did make a Pure Country 2...Asshole just didn’t bring George back!!!!

It's not me you have to convince.

CDC and the BMDs / BOR should be proactively looking out for Texas football (and UT Austin) welfare.

They shouldn't need anyone convincing them. It's their jobs to recognize the best outcomes for UT Football / UT Austin.

again, it's not me you need to convince.

You seemed to be making an argument. Either you think the argument has merit or you don't. No offense.

And in this case, no offense is what Texas got. The book I read didn't prioritize imagined tradition over function and success.

I'm not trying to persuade you or anyone. Just expressing my views. I'd hope those with power and responsibility are way ahead of me. Evidence doesn't seem to justify my hope, recently.

I think if CDC had his way he’d can Herman. I’m sure the guy wants to put his own mark on Texas. I mean he has to get real tired of standing in front of the bus for people he didn’t hire.

I know everyone wants Orlando gone tomorrow, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be. But Saturday's loss is not on him. How many times did the Offense suck so fast that the D went right back on the field? I think it was like; a million.

And I have a new off-season policy. I'm not reading another word about any recruit who is listed as an Athlete, WR, or DB. I'd like to know how many sacks our front 7 has? Name a successful college program that doesn't have someone who can pressure a QB without an all-out blitz? We need a Cory Redding or Tony Brackens.

This! Thank you!

I think if CDC had his way he’d can Herman. I’m sure the guy wants to put his own mark on Texas. I mean he has to get real tired of standing in front of the bus for people he didn’t hire.

True Dat

if he can make the inside of the stadium as good as he made the outside...

...watch out!

CDC and the BMDs / BOR should be proactively looking out for Texas football (and UT Austin) welfare.

They shouldn't need anyone convincing them. It's their jobs to recognize the best outcomes for UT Football / UT Austin.
From my conversations with those type of people, those things can be mutually exclusive from their perspective.

You seemed to be making an argument. Either you think the argument has merit or you don't. No offense.

And in this case, no offense is what Texas got. The book I read didn't prioritize imagined tradition over function and success.

I'm not trying to persuade you or anyone. Just expressing my views. I'd hope those with power and responsibility are way ahead of me. Evidence doesn't seem to justify my hope, recently.
No, I'm telling you what the perspective is that matters.

I think he'd rather just win big with Herman. CDC was hired, in part, because he has a good relationship with Herman.

From my conversations with those type of people, those things can be mutually exclusive from their perspective.

If you are saying football and UT Austin welfare are mutually exclusive, that doesn't make sense. It's UT Austin's football program, number one. Some of the BMDs and BOR are the same individuals, including ones who make sizeable contributions to both athletics and academics facilities / programs, number two. I've never heard anyone say UT Austin's and UT football's welfare were mutually exclusive, or even in tension with each other.

What can be mutually exclusive? According to whom? Your statement is too vague for me to see your point.

I'm telling you what the perspective is that matters.

Whose perspective is it? CTH? You were talking about running plays and using time outs. And some imaginary book it appear in, if I remember correctly. I haven't gone back and reconstructed the thread.

Is this a multiple reply to the same post?

The volleyball team is so much fun to watch. Great mix of upperclass players and youngsters. Big props to Coach Elliott and the ladies

Reactions: leagl1971
Seems that the conference is at parity. Unfortunately, no one team is truly superior. OU is the best but clearly not great. The rest, sans WVU and KU, are pretty good teams that have proven to be highly competitive with one another. Maybe we should be happy we are competitive. Dominant is a pipe dream.
Yeah, they’ve only one more big 12 championships than all the other teams combined but I’m sure you’re right.

I don’t have time to explain everything in a detail and comprehensive manner so that posters on here can understand. Mod rules on here.[/QUO
The volleyball team is so much fun to watch. Great mix of upperclass players and youngsters. Big props to Coach Elliott and the ladies
Ya watching the gals win > sufferin’ thru another L by Herman’s Underachievers.

Looking at their careers before coming to Texas is seems like Charlie Strong and Tom Herman’s careers are almost the same except on different sides of the ball. Both coached under Urban and both excelled in lower conference but struggled stepping up in competition. Seems concerning?

I think he'd rather just win big with Herman. CDC was hired, in part, because he has a good relationship with Herman.
Ketch is that really true? I know it’s said a lot but Herman was OC at Rice for 2 years while CDC was the AD. I mean how well did they know each other? Just doesn’t seem like they would of had much of a relationship.

Herman probably wasn’t as much of an arrogant prick as he is now either lol

@Ketchum how can you make that list and leave out "If I Know Me"?

Wow! That is almost as disappointing as watching our football team.

As I stated in another post, the next 6 months will define Herman's legacy at Texas

Win the next 3 games this year and get a top notch coaching staff or lose 2-3 games and keep the same staff. One choice keeps Texas going in a positive direction the other sets the program back years once again.

As I stated in another post, the next 6 months will define Herman's legacy at Texas

Win the next 3 games this year and get a top notch coaching staff or lose 2-3 games and keep the same staff. One choice keeps Texas going in a positive direction the other sets the program back years once again.
totally agree.

Ketch is that really true? I know it’s said a lot but Herman was OC at Rice for 2 years while CDC was the AD. I mean how well did they know each other? Just doesn’t seem like they would of had much of a relationship.

Herman probably wasn’t as much of an arrogant prick as he is now either lol
Yes, those two having a very good and established relationship was absolutely a positive before he was hired.

Looking at their careers before coming to Texas is seems like Charlie Strong and Tom Herman’s careers are almost the same except on different sides of the ball. Both coached under Urban and both excelled in lower conference but struggled stepping up in competition. Seems concerning?
If you have to ask the question...

If you are saying football and UT Austin welfare are mutually exclusive, that doesn't make sense. It's UT Austin's football program, number one. Some of the BMDs and BOR are the same individuals, including ones who make sizeable contributions to both athletics and academics facilities / programs, number two. I've never heard anyone say UT Austin's and UT football's welfare were mutually exclusive, or even in tension with each other.

What can be mutually exclusive? According to whom? Your statement is too vague for me to see your point.
There is always a massive amount of pressure for those that control the books for the athletic department that the athletic department not be wasteful in spending. They are always doing backflips for the academic side of the university. The pressure never drops.

There is always a massive amount of pressure for those that control the books for the athletic department that the athletic department not be wasteful in spending. They are always doing backflips for the academic side of the university. The pressure never drops.

Yep. Always a massive amount of pressure on the Athletic Department not to waste money. Tons. Really incredible pressure bearing down on these folks. Really. Always has been. Always will be.

https://www.hookem.com/story/ut-aud...-seats-to-play-favorites-help-ticket-brokers/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT