ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (No excuses, time to whip OU)

Greatest advantage of The Simpsons, none of the characters have aged.
Greatest disadvantage...

I can't name a single performer on the show. I can almost see Bart's voice person in my head, but not quite.

@Ketchum

Sorry. You misunderstand me. I was NOT SUGGESTING that we would be doing well if we go 7-5. I was using the phrase to indicate that we might struggle now to go 7-5.

(Sell) Texas will not be doing well to go 7-5. That's not doing well. That's doing mildly ok.
Gotcha.

As much a swe say "Turtle Tom" both Sark/PK definitely get more conservative with leads. In CFB where superior talent makes a difference it seems UT should so the opposite as more plays and aggression should allow the higher talented team to get more plays.
Be Ohio State.

• Love
Reactions: DKinnamon
Total homer vote if you were to include limited series: True Detective season one was good TV. No argument with the list. It’s like having to choose between Ferraris and Porsches (or whatever equivalent) - no bad call.

If we're talking just one season of television... it's way up there.

Great write up Ketch. What impresses me the most with Card is his progression. You can literally see him getting more comfortable in the pocket, moving to avoid pressure, and making throws. Last year he folded under pressure. Considering he only had a year in high school as a starting QB, it is not surprising that the speed of the game was challenging for Hudson. Nor should we be surprised that he is still getting comfortable with feeling and adjusting to pressure.

In his five games this year, Card’s QB rating has been 120.3, 124, 138.4, 159.6, and 208.7. He is getting better every game, and both eyeballs and stats tell the same story. If he ever starts to get comfortable with the deep passing game, he will take off. Quinn may be the answer upon his return and in 2023, but Card is playing himself into a nice landing spot on the transfer market, if he is so inclined after this season.
Great observations.

Reactions: RIOHORNFAN
The Wire baffles me. I love all other 9, but despite three genuine attempts to see what others do in that show - I’m at a loss.
I don't know how to respond. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

“If Oklahoma lets him play, it'll be a sign that Gabriel's brain and the optics of their care for his brain matter less than beating Texas.”

Shouldn’t people with medical chops be making this decision? What if he’s fine to play?

This is a poor subjective take in a world of shit media.

Medical chops like we watched in the NFL this week?

Suuuuure.

Reactions: bevobrett
as long as we beat OU, I'll be happy but a mature Big12 title contending team would stomp this version of OU and so I hope we come out and put it on them like they would to us if the shoe was on the other foot.
bingo

(Buy) Card currently has the highest passing efficiency of any Texas quarterback since Colt McCoy in 2008, but there's so much focus on the plays that he doesn't make that it causes a lot of people to lose sight of what he actually does.

I’m sorry but I’ll never forget about 2021 Arkansas. What an absolute clown show that was for Card.
His first road start of his career as a freshman...

Were you one of those people that held 2003 OU against Cedric Griffin for his entire career?

Reactions: Rickstacopy
I like your tv list. I grew up memorizing MASH episodes, so I’d have them in there.

I recently rewatched all 95 seasons of ER. Still love it.
The first six seasons of ER are still 100-percent amazing.

Thanks, Ketch. Another great write-up of the week. Especially liked your top 10 tv shows. Pretty much ditto (with the exception of 6 and 10). Would probably put Mad Men, 30 Rock, The Good Place, Curb, True Detective, Arrested Development, Succession, Sherlock, and Luther ahead of SNL and ER.
I can't stress enough how impactful ER was... how many people watched the show... the starts it created....

It was a 10,000-pound gorilla.

Reactions: TexasLawnghorn
Game of Thrones can’t be a top 10 show. A top 10 of ALL-TIME must stick the landing, not flame out in the final seasons to such an extent that it almost killed the entire IP. Similar for SNL, just too many bad seasons. SNL is a top 10 most important show or most culturally impactful show of all time, but not strict all-timer.
So, no Seinfeld, either?

The Office shouldn't be in the top 10. That has to be one of the more overrated shows. It's good and entertaining but too flawed. It should be criminal to rank it ahead of Seinfeld... Breaking Bad is the right answer for number one.

Beautiful video at the end.

Maybe Bijan is not as good as we all thought?

Sark Not using Sanders more is just dumb.

A healthy ankle Card is easily good enough to beat OU. Dude just needs to run the ball more out of the pocket and keep defenses honest.

Last time a few years ago we saw OUs starting QB go out at halftime, it was maybe the most surprising loss I have seen from us in the RRS for a long time. Fingers crossed we play stout defense all game..
He's as good as we think/thought... the circumstances of his situation are a major disadvantage.

Reactions: darrenj
West Wing is easily in the top ten. Political biases aside that show was entertaining, extremely well written/acted, and far more thought provoking than anything on that list. Maybe that’s just my bias though.
It's a great show. Definitely was under consideration.

I’m low key shocked at this level of confidence.
We just lost to TxTech two weeks ago with their back up QB.

B/S The talent level and coaching that OU will roll out against us is better than the talent we just lost to in Lubbock.

I’m not saying we should lose to OU and I’m certainly not saying we will. But aren’t you giving this Longhorn team a benefit of doubt in terms of consistency that they haven’t earned yet?
Tech most definitely will have better quarterback play than an OU without Gabriel.

Did you watch the first game?

I did.

Is one game against a great Bucs defense how you are choosing to frame the quality of a player that threw 37 touchdowns and posted a 104.2 season rating a year ago?

I think the NFL and NCAA need to make it mandatory to miss the next game after a brain injury. Hell in college you have to sit out the first half of the next game if you get a targeting call in the second half of a game.

BTW, for all the Card haters, is it possible that immaturity, lack of experience and poor OL play made everyone sour on Card too soon?
He’s playing better and better every week and is still without one of his best assets, his feet. Imagine him without an ankle sprain. If Duggan and Martinez ran for over 100 yards against OU, imagine what a healthy Card could do.
Fanatics are gonna fanatic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT