ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (No excuses, time to whip OU)

Sorry I disagree that OU will not play their best game. They will give everything they have to avoid a 3rd straight loss. If our boys flinch just once, they're done. But if UT plays a full game, it shouldn't even be close.

As for the top 100 shows, I was disappointed not to see some of my favorites like King Of The Hill, Wings, Daria, Rescue Me, The Flintstones, or Quantum Leap. But I guess that's why I'm not a Neilsen watcher.
Interesting list of shows.

The question posed regarding possible wavering on the part of Arch is something that is interesting. Don’t know where that is coming from as I was not aware of any concern otherwise on this point but Ketch’s response also wasn’t something that resonated as rock solid ‘hell no’. Is there legitimate smoke/concern on Arch?
Arch is a CHARACTER kid....... his family are CHARACTER people!!!! Stop with these idiotic questions. It has been said from the get go that he wasn't committing until he knew where he wanted to be and that would not change once the decision was made.

Not that I've sensed.
Arch is a CHARACTER kid....... his family are CHARACTER people!!!! I really wish people would stop with these idiotic questions!! It has been said from the get go that he wasn't committing until he knew where he wanted to be and that would not change once the decision was made.

Reactions: Jack87
Don’t have much of an objection to any of that.

As it relates to NIL, there are the rules that are written on paper and there are rules that are being enforced or completely ignored in practice. If Texas isn’t willing to play the game as it’s being played, they’re simply going to get crushed in this new world.
It's definitely one of the hurdles it has to clear.

I think the focus on the short passing game causes opposing teams to stack the box. Worthy is a deep threat, but Card isn't so much. My sense is that if Quinn really is who believe him to be, he can start to take the top off teams and they'll have to start playing back. That should make our run game more opened up and Bijan will start to roll.
I think his deep ball game is also a work in progress.

Reactions: bevobrett
No where in your top 10 TV shows is NCIS or Blue Bloods. For your continuing education, Game of Thrones is the #1 TV show in viewership of all time. If you like REAL comedy, go to Youtube and watch old reruns of I love Lucy. Lesson over, that is all.
a. 🤷‍♂️

b. I'm not sure that's an actual fact.

c. Seen plenty of Lucy... it received consideration.

The Office shouldn't be in the top 10. That has to be one of the more overrated shows. It's good and entertaining but too flawed. It should be criminal to rank it ahead of Seinfeld... Breaking Bad is the right answer for number one.
I find that allegation to be criminal!

Reactions: ElBearracho
I think the NFL and NCAA need to make it mandatory to miss the next game after a brain injury. Hell in college you have to sit out the first half of the next game if you get a targeting call in the second half of a game.
Lot of irony in that truth.

Reactions: Keef254
I know he probably won’t/shouldn’t play but if Gabriel plays on Saturday what’s your prediction?

Huge difference between the series episode finale being flawed or controversial, and the entire last season or two being a dumpster fire.
I mean... you either stick the landing or you don't.

a. 🤷‍♂️

b. I'm not sure that's an actual fact.

c. Seen plenty of Lucy... it received consideration.
B Is not only an actual fact...............it's natural born actual fact.

Heisman moments don't happen against unranked teams.

Let's just be honest about the whole thing.
OK, let’s be honest. Every broadcaster, media outlet, opposing coach, opposing player, pundit and even casual fan knows the talent is there. He is mentioned among the best college players in the game today. A rivalry game brings a huge spotlight to a specific game. A big game (150 yards or so) with some memorable runs would no doubt be a huge postgame talking point. The unfortunate Bryce Young injury could limit the Bama QBs availability and production over what’s left of the season. And it’s this segment of the season where the Heisman candidacy either takes off or flails. This year’s Heisman is now up for grabs unless Young comes back without limitations. The media seems to be operating under the assumption that Young was the runaway front runner. Now it could be a wide open race. Of course, Bijan would need to ball out all of the remaining games, as well. Say Quinn takes the reigns and picks up where he left off. That type of production could open up the running game and give Bijan the opening he needs.

I can't stress enough how impactful ER was... how many people watched the show... the starts it created....

It was a 10,000-pound gorilla.
That time period of NBC television was unbeatable.

They owned the 7 - 10PM slots for decades. Take a look at the calendar, particularly 82 - 02 on this link:

The heart of it was:

8PM Seinfeld (Frasier for a few years)
8:30 time to grab a snack because something meh was on
9pm ER

That 9PM run was solid for NBC for a couple of decades. Hill Street Blues to LA Law to ER. After ER it just fizzled.

Reactions: J Tull
OK, let’s be honest. Every broadcaster, media outlet, opposing coach, opposing player, pundit and even casual fan knows the talent is there. He is mentioned among the best college players in the game today. A rivalry game brings a huge spotlight to a specific game. A big game (150 yards or so) with some memorable runs would no doubt be a huge postgame talking point. The unfortunate Bryce Young injury could limit the Bama QBs availability and production over what’s left of the season. And it’s this segment of the season where the Heisman candidacy either takes off or flails. This year’s Heisman is now up for grabs unless Young comes back without limitations. The media seems to be operating under the assumption that Young was the runaway front runner. Now it could be a wide open race. Of course, Bijan would need to ball out all of the remaining games, as well. Say Quinn takes the reigns and picks up where he left off. That type of production could open up the running game and give Bijan the opening he needs.
Ain't nobody talking about a 150-yard performance on Saturday except Texas fans.

@Ketchum…I know this was a personal preference list, but Veep over Curb?

Also The Simpson’s kicks SNL in the dick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT