ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Nobody puts Baby in the corner)

Tournament champions.
Was it my imagination or didn’t I see on here advertised that Texas was B12 champions so yes Kansas had the better record in regular season, but we won the B12 tournament and therefore are B12 champions is that correct?

Whoever we hire as the head coach, having these guys on board with the hire can only help in recruiting. You want Durant especially to be invested in the program and selling recruits on the virtues and benefits of our head coach.

So this is more than simply a reason why Terry will get the job. It's a reason TO give Terry the job.

That being said, TJ is very much at the grassroots level with lots direct contact potential. No doubt having a KD tweet is nice, but TJ is talking face to face with select team coaches/programs all the time. FWIW, maybe Rice comes here anyway, but I’d bet the ranch he discussed the possibility with his AAU Coach, TJ Ford

Was it my imagination or didn’t I see on here advertised that Texas was B12 champions so yes Kansas had the better record in regular season, but we won the B12 tournament and therefore are B12 champions is that correct?

No. There are two different championships. The regular season and the tournament. KU is the regular season champs. We are the B12 Tourney champs. The auto bid goes to the tourney champ. But most would agree the regular season champ is a bigger accomplishment. For obvious reasons. But nothing to sneeze at regarding Terry and the team’s conference tourney title

It's going to take me some time to adjust. ;)
Gotta keep you on your toes!

Around Christmas I was invited to play disc golf with a few guys from church and I have caught the bug. I still love playing regular golf, but have found its easier to get a round of disc golf in because it only takes an hour and is free (once you buy the discs). Plus, a large group can all play together (we have 10-12 every Saturday) and so it's a good social / community activity.

I just think at this point CDC has to hire Terry based on how the season has played out. I know he did it with Beard's players but facts are facts and no slam dunk hire is out there.
I have a bad feeling in a few years we will regret it but hopefully he proves he is the guy one thing is for sure in a few years our game with Ole Miss will be prime time watching

Whoever we hire as the head coach, having these guys on board with the hire can only help in recruiting. You want Durant especially to be invested in the program and selling recruits on the virtues and benefits of our head coach.

So this is more than simply a reason why Terry will get the job. It's a reason TO give Terry the job.
I'd rather just have the best possible coach. The guys will follow.

Reactions: DrHorn98
They always do that. There is a distinction, though.

Reactions: Tex51
Gotta keep you on your toes!

Around Christmas I was invited to play disc golf with a few guys from church and I have caught the bug. I still love playing regular golf, but have found its easier to get a round of disc golf in because it only takes an hour and is free (once you buy the discs). Plus, a large group can all play together (we have 10-12 every Saturday) and so it's a good social / community activity.
I used to work with a woman at Bert's who was like a grand master champion. She played hoops at UNC back in the day and that was her itch to fill the void. This was in the early days of the sport as it was blowing up in Austin.

Reactions: sodiumacetate
This is hard for me to say, because I look forward to your column every week, I respect that you take stances even when they are unpopular and I generally agree with 90% of what you write, but...

If you've seen Dirty Dancing more than once, much less hundreds of times, I have to question your dude card. What the hell man? Is that the chickiest of all chick flicks?

Ketch, I am glad to see you are coming around on Coach Rodney. Never under estimate the power of players loving their coach when it comes to recruiting transfers.

Reactions: Enjoying the Ride
Ketch, I am glad to see you are coming around on Coach Rodney. Never under estimate the power of players loving their coach when it comes to recruiting transfers.

“Coming around? I’ve been pro-Terry the whole time” - @Ketchum

• Haha
Reactions: SATXEX
If it’s not possible so be it but for me: I’m at a point that you either blow a wad luring Jay wright out of retirement or retain Terry
I just think Wright is done.Otherwise, there would be smoke out there that he wants back in IMO.

Reactions: Buddah318
He was always a class act and easy to root for. Man. Shaka just can’t get it done at crunch time. SIGH.
The breathing stuff in the final four minutes of his game yesterday... I mean.... 🤷‍♂️

This is hard for me to say, because I look forward to your column every week, I respect that you take stances even when they are unpopular and I generally agree with 90% of what you write, but...

If you've seen Dirty Dancing more than once, much less hundreds of times, I have to question your dude card. What the hell man? Is that the chickiest of all chick flicks?
You can have my dude card. Don't care. I might watch it today just to spite the haters.

dirty dancing GIF

I don't know that I'm coming around, but he did good work this weekend for sure.

Reactions: Tex51
Everyone that came from where they came from because they wanted to work with Beard would be a candidate. They came here because of him

Love it, you do you boo!
I wonder if everyone has that one movie that just speaks to them differently than it does everyone else. Not that Dirty Dancing isn't wildly loved, it just isn't usually so beloved by fellas.

That movie for me is The Marrying Man

I wonder if everyone has that one movie that just speaks to them differently than it does everyone else. Not that Dirty Dancing isn't wildly loved, it just isn't usually so beloved by fellas.

That movie for me is The Marrying Man
Can't underestimate or overstate how killer that soundtrack was. Part of my love for Otis Redding springs from this movie.

Everyone that came from where they came from because they wanted to work with Beard would be a candidate. They came here because of him.

Sure. In theory. They are also under WELL-PAID contracts they almost certainly won’t get as as assistants elsewhere. Obviously a new guy would like likely hit the staff but if Terry is given the job then unless pushed, I doubt any of them just jump on their own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT