ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Not even The Rona changes expectations for Herman...)

I asked for movie remakes, not movie sequels!

I asked for movie remakes, not movie sequels!
elmo%2Bshrug%2Bgif.gif

I don't think Texas would win the game and losing it has too much downside.

Play the Big 12 schedule.... manage it... you're golden.

I really think burrow and Brady being gone was a big positive for this game. Who's playing QB for them this year? I'm sure they're talented but they're not tested. I really felt like we had every opportunity to win that game if we just kick the field goals. Huge momentum shifts and a game that was really close. It turned on a few plays and those were two huge plays

Reactions: horns--21
I really think burrow and Brady being gone was a big positive for this game. Who's playing QB for them this year? I'm sure they're talented but they're not tested. I really felt like we had every opportunity to win that game if we just kick the field goals. Huge momentum shifts and a game that was really close. It turned on a few plays and those were two huge plays
It's not so much about LSU as it's about Texas for me. They've earned zero benefit of the doubt, no?

I hope that's the case.... I think the difference here between us is this.... I'm willing to say that this should be an upgrade at least 80% of the time...

I just don't know that I trust what Herman says anymore.... or he's a moron if he believes what he says...

He says a successful season is a conf championship or New Years bowl / then backtracks that statement completely...

He says that they weren't tipping plays with RB alignment.....

I'm also not sure what you mean when you said Yurcich had an OC job after leaving OK State???? He clearly did not - he was the PGC and QB coach at Ohio State.... and he went into that situation knowing he wasn't the OC....so I'm not sure what you meant there.
a. I'm not telling you to trust what Herman has says or will say as much I'm telling you trust has he's acted.

He was forced to take it the steering wheel from Beck.

b. Yurcich was co-OC at Ohio State, which means he was an offensive coordinator.

a. I'm not telling you to trust what Herman has says or will say as much I'm telling you trust has he's acted.

He was forced to take it the steering wheel from Beck.

b. Yurcich was co-OC at Ohio State, which means he was an offensive coordinator.

I only see people citing him as co-oc

when I see his title upon hiring it’s passing game coordinator and qb coach

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Yurcich

passing game coordinator = co-OC

run game coordinator = co-OC

Are you really quibbling over this?

ha fair enough but I don’t agree

passing game and running game coordinator are money bumps for position coaches imo

ha fair enough but I don’t agree

passing game and running game coordinator are money bumps for position coaches imo
Ohio State websites called him Co-Oc. I can show you screenshots.

The example i would cite is when we had the online coach that was the run game coordinator that absolutely has nothing to do with being an oc

Here’s a press conference where Ohio states program cites him as the web coach and no coordinator mention

I think people are assuming oc because that was his title at ok state

The example i would cite is when we had the online coach that was the run game coordinator that absolutely has nothing to do with being an oc
That's beside the point. His title was co-OC. Splitting hairs over whether passing game coordinator is the same as co-OC is just silly.

The offense was controlled by Ryan Day. That has been established.

He was still an OC in title, which is the point we're discussing. You trying to add layers to it later in the conversation speaks to the silliness of the original position IMO.

Here’s a press conference where Ohio states program cites him as the web coach and no coordinator mention

I think people are assuming oc because that was his title at ok state
from the school's official website announcing his hire.

yes, they called him a coordinator.

good grief.

116217099_2704934913125553_8259955457245548483_n.jpg

Reactions: doornbos60
from the school's official website announcing his hire.

yes, they called him a coordinator.

good grief.

116217099_2704934913125553_8259955457245548483_n.jpg

ha but read the announcement you just posted

they say ok state coordinator - but not the new position..... they make a distinction

you can say he was but he wasn’t

reading comprehension good grief

Kinda scary that people say of all the OU qbs Rattler has the most talent.

We’ve seen him play and we know he’s good, but I keep saying we need to keep him on his ass all day long. Without that, the legend could take off.

Reactions: coopdog
ha but read the announcement you just posted

they say ok state coordinator - but not the new position..... they make a distinction

you can say he was but he wasn’t

reading comprehension good grief
Re-read the release. It literally says he was hired to be the passing game coordinator.

I mean...

I'm not discussing it further. I'm feeling trolled.

fair enough I’m not trolling

they said they hired an oc to be the passing game coordinator not that they hired him to be the co-oc

I just can't buy the Eagles stock.

Not sure why. Guy was a borderline 5-star out of HS. Big, strong, fast and good hands. And put up sophomore numbers, as @Ketchum pointed out, are pretty much only second to some guy named Roy Williams.

"I think we have to differentiate success and failure. Successful season? Yes, it's conference title ... major bowl game. We had that two years ago in 2018. We played for the conference title, came up short (and) beat a top-five team in a New Year's Six Bowl game. Good year. Now I wouldn't say the opposite of that is a failure if those things don't happen. Everyone wants to be black and white. You guys always say, 'What percentage? Or on a scale of 1-10. There's a lot of gray. There's a lot of gray. We were really proud of the season we had in 2018. We were proud of the way we finished in 2019, but there's so many different circumstances that apply to each and every season that to say if you didn't win the conference and didn't play in a New Year' Six game … that the season wasn't successful and was a failure ... that to me is not accurate.

Sorry Mensa. You don't get paid nearly $6mil for "gray." There's plenty of softer jobs that will pay much less for "gray" if you feel like looking around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT