ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Nothing but positivity)

You're too young Ketch, I was an Eastwood fan when he was Rowdy Yates on Rawhide. The Eiger Sanction is definitely a top 10 for me, I've watched it more the Unforgiven, which is great, too.

I'm no technical expert by any means, but having followed the Cowboys with varying levels of intensity since I started third grade in 1961, that overall ranking of receivers seems reasonable to me. But Bob was my favorite--I first became aware of him in May 1963, when Sports Illustrated published an article about him featuring his pictured 25-yard splits in a 9.2-sec. 100-yard race. I remember those splits: 3.0 for the fist 25, followed by 2.2, 1.9, and 2.1. SI said that he was averaging 26.9 mph in that third 25. Note that that race, and maybe all of Bob's (certainly including those at the '64 Olympics in Tokyo), were run on cinder tracks.
I love Bullet, but he can't rank above Mike Irvin, the heart and emotional soul of a dynasty.

Reactions: Touchstone
You're too young Ketch, I was an Eastwood fan when he was Rowdy Yates on Rawhide. The Eiger Sanction is definitely a top 10 for me, I've watched it more the Unforgiven, which is great, too.
I'm 47. lol

Texas needs to sign elite transfers at TE and DT after the season for me to feel good about 2024.

Im really rooting for Neyor. That injury was devastating for him.

Texas needs to sign elite transfers at TE and DT after the season for me to feel good about 2024.

Im really rooting for Neyor. That injury was devastating for him.
I don't know where the tight end comes from.

Always enjoy these. That being said I prefer “Every Which Way But Loose” over “Any Which Way You Can.”

That would be a fun list. Let me think about it.
Another great line is in Coogan’s Bluff which is pretty good: Coogan : [while holding a broken bottle in Wonderful Digby's face] All right now, I don't like violence, Mr. Wonderful whatever your name is. You better drop that blade, or you won't believe what happens next, even while it's happening.

Judging from that photo (and what we saw at the spring game), Sark has a major challenge upcoming at the QB position. Good problem to have, no doubt, but it's going to require a high-level strategery and a deft touch.

Oh, I need to hear the explanation behind this one.

I seriously didn’t know anyone preferred the sequel.

Beverly Deangelo, better fights/interactions with Black Widows, the Palomino Club as a home base for shit to go down, and Ma blowing away the Black Widows in the front yard. Not close in my opinion. Plus the theme song is better. We are supposed to like Lynne Halsey Taylor after the first one where she is a total b?

Last edited:
Top 10 Clint lines in a movie

10. "We all have it comin,' kid."

Unforgiven

9. "I’ve drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff that all you numb-nuts put together."

Heartbreak Ridges

8. “Improvise, adapt and overcome.”

Heartbreak Ridge

7. "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

The Outlaw Josey Wales

6. "You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:

5. "With all due respect, sir, you're beginning to bore the hell out of me."

Heartbreak Ridge

4. "I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, little Bill, for what you done to Ned."

Unforgiven

3. "You've got to ask yourself one question: do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

2. "Go ahead. Make my day."

Sudden Impact

1. "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

Unforgiven

Judging from that photo (and what we saw at the spring game), Sark has a major challenge upcoming at the QB position. Good problem to have, no doubt, but it's going to require a high-level strategery and a deft touch.
That's why he gets paid the big bucks. ;)

Ketch, I don’t remember where you estimated this class would end up a couple of months ago? 10ish? Where is your head now on where we end up?

I seriously didn’t know anyone preferred the sequel.

Beverly Deangelo, better fights/interactions with Black Widows, and the Palomino as a home base for shit to go down. Gramma blowing away the Black Widows in the front yard. Not close in my opinion. Plus the theme song is better. We are supposed to like Sondra Locke after the first one?

Ok,

First and foremost, Jack Wilson is better foe for the main fight in the movie than Tank Murdock. Better Ma Boggs scenes, including her getting laid! I kind of like the Black Widows being a joke the entire movie and then coming up big at the end. The final scene with the Widows and Eastwood is a classic. I like the mob being included. The Philo/Jack Wilson fight at the end is the best fight in either movie.

As Roger Ebert said, "Where else, in the space of 115 minutes, can you find a country & western road picture with two fights, a bald motorcycle gang, the Mafia, a love story, a pickup truck, a tow truck, Fats Domino, a foul-mouthed octogenarian, an oversexed orangutan and a contest for the bare knuckle championship of the world?

Reactions: leej4445
Ketch, I don’t remember where you estimated this class would end up a couple of months ago? 10ish? Where is your head now on where we end up?
still thinking 6-10ish, but I could be wrong if they get Baker and Wingo

Reactions: bclear1
I have yet to see Unforgiven. Shame on me. I will look for it on one of the sites.

Top 10 Clint lines in a movie

10. "We all have it comin,' kid."

Unforgiven

9. "I’ve drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff that all you numb-nuts put together."

Heartbreak Ridges

8. “Improvise, adapt and overcome.”

Heartbreak Ridge

7. "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

The Outlaw Josey Wales

6. "You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:

5. "With all due respect, sir, you're beginning to bore the hell out of me."

Heartbreak Ridge

4. "I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, little Bill, for what you done to Ned."

Unforgiven

3. "You've got to ask yourself one question: do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

2. "Go ahead. Make my day."

Sudden Impact

1. "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

Unforgiven

A horrible list

Where is “buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms”

still thinking 6-10ish, but I could be wrong if they get Baker and Wingo
Any knowledge why Baker doesn’t seem to be entertaining USC at all? Seems weird the way they spend and seeing as they’re in the backyard that he’s still wanting to travel half way across the country

Ok,

First and foremost, Jack Wilson is better foe for the main fight in the movie than Tank Murdock. Better Ma Boggs scenes, including her getting laid! I kind of like the Black Widows being a joke the entire movie and then coming up big at the end. The final scene with the Widows and Eastwood is a classic. I like the mob being included. The Philo/Jack Wilson fight at the end is the best fight in either movie.

As Roger Ebert said, "Where else, in the space of 115 minutes, can you find a country & western road picture with two fights, a bald motorcycle gang, the Mafia, a love story, a pickup truck, a tow truck, Fats Domino, a foul-mouthed octogenarian, an oversexed orangutan and a contest for the bare knuckle championship of the world?

Fair. I feel like the fight with Jack Wilson drags out too long. I like him throwing the fight against Tank Murdock. He doesn’t want want everyone coming after him but could easily beat his ass. Beating up the guy on the lake who stalks him the entire movie is great. I just love all the Black Widow/Philo stuff in the original. Orville finishes his pie while Clint goes outside with the Black Widows.

To be clear I would watch either one right now. Clint is a badass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT