Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Permission to Dream Colossally)

Indulge me a bonus B/S question:

Considering the team has not really been tested in a 4 quarter battle, you’d sweat a tie ball game late against the likes of Georgia, Bama, Miami or Ohio st?

Also I think a VERY underrated Tom Hanks movie is Bachelor Party. Genius comedy and old school Hanks.

Saving Private Ryan reaches deep into my soul, without a lot of explanation it helped me to relate to my grandfather and things he was feeling regarding the war and his brothers

Tom Hanks is a talented actor

First time I saw it was in a theater with a group of male friends, we just sat in the theatre for several minutes after it ended no one was saying a word to each other. We just sat there getting our emotions together before we got up and walked into the lobby. We weren't the only ones

Also, OU may not have their coach now, but they have proven throughout their football history, or at least since the 1940s, that they will make a major investment in the sport and will not stand for mediocrity. They define themselves throught their football program and have been very successful (some by caring so much they cheated heavily). Like it or not, they are a blue blood and will do what it takes to compete for NCs. This is why they are our #1 rival and we hate them so much, but it is factually correct. I expect to see them in the mix for SEC championships at some point post Venerables.

The shouldn't have gone to the SEC. It won't ever be the same.

Personally, I saw Arch look like a rookie on one series against UTSA which made me think QE is a way better QB right now.

It’s a no brainer to get QE in for our big games with teams that have a decent defense. Arch and UT are lucky to get incredible experience now.

I can’t believe you put Forrest Gump behind two trite rom-coms.
Season 4 Episode 13 GIF by The Office

When my kids were little I wanted them to see Big. Up until this movie, they never heard the F word. They were dying to know it and knew it was off limits with us.

Of course who remembers the F bomb scene in Big? I did not. Meanwhile, my now 32 and 28 year old think of that movie as how they learned the F bomb word.

So, with that I agree with your assessment on its ranking…
When is the F-bomb dropped?

Reactions: rtex63
Indulge me a bonus B/S question:

Considering the team has not really been tested in a 4 quarter battle, you’d sweat a tie ball game late against the likes of Georgia, Bama, Miami or Ohio st?

Also I think a VERY underrated Tom Hanks movie is Bachelor Party. Genius comedy and old school Hanks.
a. Every close game late is worth sweating.

n. I love that movie.

Personally, I saw Arch look like a rookie on one series against UTSA which made me think QE is a way better QB right now.

It’s a no brainer to get QE in for our big games with teams that have a decent defense. Arch and UT are lucky to get incredible experience now.
Define way better?

Through four weeks of the season, I find myself thinking that we're watching the second-best Texas team my eyes have seen in four decades of watching Texas football.

1. 2005
2. 2024
3. 2008
4. 2004
5. 2009/2023
Funny, I almost put something very similar to this into a B/S question. Have been a Texas fan since 2000, and this team is the most talented I’ve seen outside of the 2005 title team. We are explosive in all three phases of the game and very deep. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the season plays out, but barring injuries I think we are the best team in the country, and it may not be that close.

Good write up as always, Geoff!

a. Every close game late is worth sweating.

n. I love that movie.
I guess, as someone else put it, I have tremendous PTSD when trusting a Texas team. Last year helped a ton until Penix. That being said those are the magical games that are always remembered.

I think people forget how funny Hanks was to start his career. Money Pit and Bachelor party are all timers.

• Love
Reactions: RCPERK2 and Ketchum
Good job Ketch. We're having fun this year aren't we? Good Hanks list, but I would have them in a different order.

Reactions: Ketchum
Funny, I almost put something very similar to this into a B/S question. Have been a Texas fan since 2000, and this team is the most talented I’ve seen outside of the 2005 title team. We are explosive in all three phases of the game and very deep. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the season plays out, but barring injuries I think we are the best team in the country, and it may not be that close.

Good write up as always, Geoff!
Thanks for the kind words!