ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Reviewing Tom Herman after 1,071 Days...)

What he’s doing is deflecting because if he answers with a statement about being introspective and having open dialogue about things that aren’t working then he’s admitting his system isn’t working and he didn’t already have it figured out with the right people to carry it out. The problem is that is totally transparent to everyone else and he just looks like an insulated stubborn know it all that’s failing.
I am sure that he and his staff have plenty of ideas of what they are going to do to fix the problems but if you think he is going to give any information away you are wrong.
Just hid and watch.

Yes, I don't disagree with this. They say in any 3-down linemen defense your DE's need to be your normal 2 or 3 technique Defensive Tackle types and not the DE type 5's that we have...although Charles O was just tall enough and bulky enough to play the 2-3 technique very well. I also always wondered why anyone in this defense except the 0-1 technique would ever have his hand on the ground, especially if he is more of a 5 playing that 2-3 position. Why not just stand up and use your quickness to gain leverage? Anyway, he is a good article on drafting the 3 & 5 techniques.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2011/...gy-the-three-technique-and-the-five-technique

Hook'em
Thanks, good article.

What he’s doing is deflecting because if he answers with a statement about being introspective and having open dialogue about things that aren’t working then he’s admitting his system isn’t working and he didn’t already have it figured out with the right people to carry it out. The problem is that is totally transparent to everyone else and he just looks like an insulated stubborn know it all that’s failing.
Yeah. Not sure anything else needs to be said.

I am sure that he and his staff have plenty of ideas of what they are going to do to fix the problems but if you think he is going to give any information away you are wrong.
Just hid and watch.
Of course, he's not expecting him to reveal any real info, but there are ways of doing that without coming across as defensive and possibly insecure.

I think McGuapo is speaking more to the why he's not speaking more forthright than speaking about his expectations would be for him to do so.

Of course, he's not expecting him to reveal any real info, but there are ways of doing that without coming across as defensive and possibly insecure.

I think McGuapo is speaking more to the why he's not speaking more forthright than speaking about his expectations would be for him to do so.
He did not come across to me as defensive or insecure, but that is my perspective.
Why ask a question if you know it would be stupid to answer with any real information?

Some aren't able to comprehend why it's a continual thing.
I can and do understand why it has been this year. Don't expect it to continue when we have some depth which I expect to have next year.
What are your thoughts on this?

He did not come across to me as defensive or insecure, but that is my perspective.
Why ask a question if you know it would be stupid to answer with any real information?
I guess we could all just go home.

I can and do understand why it has been this year. Don't expect it to continue when we have some depth which I expect to have next year.
What are your thoughts on this?
It's a nuanced conversation because every position and set of players has a different backstory.

Why do the issues with the defensive line exist?

For a coach that has stressed culture, culture and more culture since the very first day he arrived, Herman seems to have a locker room with enough doubt inside of it that it seems like Herman is being tasked with reasserting himself among a group of players that he shouldn't have to be concerning himself with, as it relates to "buy-in."
This is what often happens when accountability applies only to players, not to coaches.

Not many on here are able to comprehend the impact of continually having new players in the mix.

Orlando might have some questions to answer. But, I watched his UH defense put a physical beat down on OU with Baker Mayfield at the helm. It was brutal. He had other successes there and here.

@Ketchum which recent 10 thoughts did you put the comment in from a Texas admin source saying they expect Herman to win the Big 12 in four years or they will know what they have?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT