ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Sark isn't getting enough credit for this...)

@Ketchum my neighborhood in atlanta has recently become home to about 100 Turkey vultures. They sit on top of 1-2 house at a time. We’ve been told the best way to get rid of them (besides shooting them which was my preference) is loud noises - they hate them
And I just learned something!

Any Di Caprio list that doesn't have Romeo & Juliet on it somewhere is shameful. Then there's The Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and This Boy's Life. Honestly, @Ketchum... Did you even try? SMDH.

(Great write up, otherwise. 😉)
The post above yours literally says that 10 was too many and you named four that I didn't include.🤣

Reactions: UTeach
Slowing down? I’m not sure you saw the finals but Joke dismantled the hottest player on the tour. I think he will slow down soon however and these young guns are almost there.
well, he hadn't had a great year coming into the Aussie Open, but he sure as hell did have a great last two weeks.

I don’t know how you leave ‘The revenant’ off Leonardo DiCaprio top movies. And what about Shutter island???
Both movies that don't make it high on my list of re-watchable movies.

Or she has very little competition in the Japanese market and by claiming Japanese identity, rakes up more endorsements than any other woman athlete in the world out earning even Serena. I do think that it is ludcrious to claim to be Japanese without living there or speaking the language and having an American boy friend while living here but money is a very compelling reason for her decision.
I'm really not sure it's our place to tell her how she should identify herself. Some of you sound very judgy.

You might be surprised.

BTW, I studied with the Royal Shakespeare Company in London for a few months during my college days, and the only instructor I had who broached Shakespeare in film said it was, in his opinion and that of many of his RSC colleagues, the Baz Luhrmann Romeo and Juliet that was—by far—the most "authentic" of them all in terms of capturing the "feel" of what it would have been like to see Romeo and Juliet at the Globe theater when it first debuted, with its raucous, rowdy debauchery. He then went on to include that the Zeffirelli version was "shameful" ... doubley so in that it became the way many people thought afterwards that Shakespeare plays were supposed to look and feel.

Now, that was just one man's opinion (along with unnamed colleagues), but, as a veteran of the RSC turned RSC instructor, I would say his opinion carries weight. 🙂
It was No.14 on this list.

Didn't make Top 10 on this list

No.13 on this list

I couldn't find a list that had it in his top 10.

We fish Fayette County in La Grange and 1 park has a major issue with vultures/buzzards. They’ve done major damage to cars. They ate the molding off my truck (cost me $150) and did the same to my buddies suburban. They’ve done major damage to a few cars we’ve heard. I guess they like the plastic or something Buzzards can EABOD!!
WTF?

@Ketchum That throw my Murphy is a 17 yr old throwing a 30yrd pass on a rope no more than 12 ft off the ground. Although it was low to the WR, and off tequnically of his backfoot, is what you call ARMSTRENGTH!

I was impressed with one of his throws right by the goal line that he throw on a dime on an out route to his right side almost side arm...if you really pay attention to the video, you can hear the zip and ball hitting the wr hands..it looked like it was shot out of a canon.
The kid has a hand cannon.

Reactions: 60
So Leo's only Oscar win (the Revenant) doesn't make it, but Revolutionary Road does?
It wasn't an acting performance list. It was a best movies list.... and The Revenant just doesn't hold up for me.

Vultures are allsome.

They’re the only living thing that can get rid of many pathogens. The pH in their stomachs is so low that they can eat anthrax and rabies and be just fine. Unfortunately, their populations are declining worldwide due to pest control poisons (they eat dead rodents who were poisoned, for example). If this continues, it may substantially increase our risk for future pandemics.
So, they can eat anthrax, but not rat poison?

You missed a big point on your Sark recruiting props. His staff is doing all this without the benefit of official visits. Considering getting to see UT and Austin and the personal touch of these recruiters, thats a big "hands tied behind your back" for Sark compared to those other coaches you named, that I have blanked from my memory.

You know, its not like our visits are to Collie Station or some other shithole campus. So this means a lot not just compared to our prior coaches, but who we are recruiting against. Hell its a benefit to Aggie that kids dont see their town and campus before committing. Same with Baylor and Tech.
Kids wouldn't be able to take official visits yet anyways, but unofficial visits are not nearly the same, either.

This. The more I think through Leo's remarkable body of work, the more it has dawned on me that this is by heads and shoulders the worst list Ketch has ever put together. Not having The Revenant on there is a joke to end all jokes, and not having Blood Diamond or Gilbert Grape is only marginally better. Once Upon a Time In Hollywood is Tarantino's weakest film by far (well, except for Death Proof) when one considers it was in may respects a plot point by plot point redundancy of Inglorious Basterds, only with a very different setting/background with far less interesting characters and dialogue that, while quite good, is far, far, far below Tarantino's usual savantish standards. Gangs of New York is a fantastic film, but is ironically the weakest acting performance of Leo's career I would argue, although I would admit a lot of that has to do with how comparatively uninteresting his character is compared to most of the roles he chooses. It, however, doesn't even belong in the same breath as a film as The Revenant, Inception, The Aviator, or Blood Diamond IF we are looking at this as a list of Leonardo Dicaprio movies, IMO.

Also, how many times I may be willing to rewatch a film is one of the dead last things I would use to consider when ranking the greatness of any film. Schindler's List is the greatest work of art in film history by a massive, massive, massive margin IMO, but it isn't precisely a film I want to watch a lot. Conversely, I can watch virtually any one of the MCU films over and over again, but I'm not about to even consider putting any of them in serious contention for the 100 greatest films of all time, although maybe the first Guardians of the Galaxy comes close.
Blood Diamond was No.21 on this list.

@Ketchum it took you a couple weeks longer than it should have but at least you finally admitted this team isn’t making a run. “Experience” doesn’t equal good. Our backcourt def has experience which makes them about average. Had they been really coached up over 4 years then maybe we have a shot at making a run. But they really aren’t that much better than they were as freshman. Shaka is worse on the offensive end of the floor than Tom was at getting along with alumni/donors
I mean... the backcourt IS good.

It was No.14 on this list.

Didn't make Top 10 on this list

No.13 on this list

I couldn't find a list that had it in his top 10.
Just because their opinions are wrong, doesn't mean your opinion needs to be wrong, too. 😉

Okay, but Sark is recruiting two good ones in Washington as well. Between those, a number of good ones in Texas, and a couple of others, the opportunity for an elite OL class is there.
I hope so. I just miss the days when we had our pick of the litter in Texas. We won’t be dominant again until we are back to that point IMO.

I’m commenting on CA’s line talent being garbage for a state the size of CA.
Weirdly, it's the other states out West like Washington that seem to be the reason for elite OL talent panning out better than other areas. Kind of weird, but true.

d. Did you know that a young turkey vulture will defend itself in a nest by throwing up on an intruder? Well, now you do.

View attachment 635

a8959a91d3d34123e8de1ad72545b6b5.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
ADVERTISEMENT