ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Saying what needs to be said)

Auburn let Milroe score on fourth and 31 by rushing only two. All the time in the world to survey the field.

Any DC who doesn’t bring pressure in that situation is guilty of criminal negligence.

It's unfathomable that it happened.

Reactions: horns--21
Nobody really knows what the committee is going to do next week in any of the scenarios. They are probably the biggest Louisville and Georgia fans in the country right now.

Reactions: satterwm
Yes, necessarily.
I get the logic and do see how Oregon gets in, over us, but by the same token, you can say Texas should be in over an undefeated FSU, even if they are undefeated, we are better right now. Before you say it, yes, I agree, an undefeated ACC champ won’t be left out.

Whatever is going to happen, Friday evening - Saturday evening will be as good a conf championship weekend as there can be.

Ketch...in your (and the AP) Top 10, there is only 1 team that will not be in either the SEC or Big 10 next year. And in the top 13 in the AP there is still only one. For all practical purposes, college football will be 2 conferences beginning in 2024. There will be a Florida St or Clemson most years, or maybe a Notre Dame or Utah, but after the SEC and Big 10, the pickings will be slim, even with a 12-team CFP format.

I get the logic and do see how Oregon gets in, over us, but by the same token, you can say Texas should be in over an undefeated FSU, even if they are undefeated, we are better right now. Before you say it, yes, I agree, an undefeated ACC champ won’t be left out.

Whatever is going to happen, Friday evening - Saturday evening will be as good a conf championship weekend as there can be.

The committee has told us every week they think Oregon is better than Texas and it will be their resume that has been aided the most in the last two weeks if they win.

Ketch...in your (and the AP) Top 10, there is only 1 team that will not be in either the SEC or Big 10 next year. And in the top 13 in the AP there is still only one. For all practical purposes, college football will be 2 conferences beginning in 2024. There will be a Florida St or Clemson most years, or maybe a Notre Dame or Utah, but after the SEC and Big 10, the pickings will be slim, even with a 12-team CFP format.
correct

Ketch, I don’t disagree that you are interpreting the committee’s rankings but I do think multiple factions are getting blinded by the shiny object of Oregon running up the score on bad teams.

Oregon’s best win is against an average Oregon State team. Their next best win and Oregon State’s best win is against a trash Utah team, who needed 14 points in the 4th quarter to beat Baylor.

Would be incredibly shitty and ironic if we get left out of the CFP partially because sand aggy and baptist aggy couldn’t hold on to late 4th quarter leads against pac-12 competition.

If Fla St, Oregon and Alabama all win their CCG, for all the OBers who think UT will be in the CFP, I think you will be very angry. Take off your burnt orange shades for a minute and look at how the committee will see this:

Florida St--Even without its starting QB, Florida ST will be undefeated, including winning its CCG. There is no way the committee will not pick an undefeated P-5 team that won its CCG.
Oregon--Ketch is correct that the committee (not you) thinks that Oregon is now a better team than UT and if UT beats a 3-loss team and Oregon beats an undefeated team, which is the only team it lost to all season (remember when you made that same argument about how UT would look great avenging itself against OU in the Big 12 CCG or are you being selective in your memory recall), the committee will not see UT as being the better team. (And BTW, the reason the committee sees Oregon as better than UT currently is that Oregon has lost its one game to an undefeated team while UT lost to a 2-loss team. That's a bitter pill for many OBers to swallow, but be big boys, not homers.)
Alabama--Yep, we whooped up on them in their stadium, and it has been the best win all year, BUT if Bama upsets UGA in the SEC CCG, that win will top UT's win. You can whine all you want about it being at a neutral site while we won in a hostile environment; and you can point to, so few teams (and no non-SEC) have won in Tuscaloosa for many many years, and you would be correct; BUT if you think the committee will not pick a SEC team to be in the CFP this year when 5 of the top 13 AP teams are SEC (7 of the top 13 when you count UT and OU...over 50% of the top 13, but I digress), you are fooling yourself.

The only path for UT into the CFP is for us to win and Fla St to lose.

Ketch, I don’t disagree that you are interpreting the committee’s rankings but I do think multiple factions are getting blinded by the shiny object of Oregon running up the score on bad teams.

Oregon’s best win is against an average Oregon State team. Their next best win and Oregon State’s best win is against a trash Utah team, who needed 14 points in the 4th quarter to beat Baylor.

Would be incredibly shitty and ironic if we get left out of the CFP partially because sand aggy and baptist aggy couldn’t hold on to late 4th quarter leads against pac-12 competition.
would those be the only reasns?

If Fla St, Oregon and Alabama all win their CCG, for all the OBers who think UT will be in the CFP, I think you will be very angry. Take off your burnt orange shades for a minute and look at how the committee will see this:

Florida St--Even without its starting QB, Florida ST will be undefeated, including winning its CCG. There is no way the committee will not pick an undefeated P-5 team that won its CCG.
Oregon--Ketch is correct that the committee (not you) thinks that Oregon is now a better team than UT and if UT beats a 3-loss team and Oregon beats an undefeated team, which is the only team it lost to all season (remember when you made that same argument about how UT would look great avenging itself against OU in the Big 12 CCG or are you being selective in your memory recall), the committee will not see UT as being the better team.
Alabama--Yep, we whooped up on them in their stadium, and it has been the best win all year, BUT if Bama upsets UGA in the SEC CCG, that win will top UT's win. You can whine all you want about it being at a neutral site while we won in a hostile environment; and you can point to, so few teams (and no non-SEC) have won in Tuscaloosa for many many years, and you would be correct; BUT if you think the committee will not pick a SEC team to be in the CFP this year when 5 of the top 13 AP teams are SEC (7 of the top 13 when you count UT and OU...over 50% of the top 13, but I digress), you are fooling yourself.

It's not the only path, but it's the path.

Oregon--Ketch is correct that the committee (not you) thinks that Oregon is now a better team than UT and if UT beats a 3-loss team and Oregon beats an undefeated team, which is the only team it lost to all season (remember when you made that same argument about how UT would look great avenging itself against OU in the Big 12 CCG or are you being selective in your memory recall), the committee will not see UT as being the better team. (And BTW, the reason the committee sees Oregon as better than UT currently is that Oregon has lost its one game to an undefeated team while UT lost to a 2-loss team. That's a bitter pill for many OBers to swallow, but be big boys, not homers.)

Or your opinion of what will happen in that scenario is irrelevant. There’s CFP criteria that will be followed.

If you and @Ketchum really want to continue arguing against UT go join another Rivals board that supports Florida State or Oregon. 100% Texas is in the CFP in that scenario. That’s not an opinion. That’s based on the CFP criteria, FPI, and SOS in the final rankings.

Please continue arguing for Oregon and Florida State. Nobody on this board cares to hear more lobbying for something that will not happen. We can circle back on how wrong @Ketchum was next week.

It wouldn’t be the first time, and it probably won’t be the last time 🤣

Being released at Christmas has nothing to do with it.

There has to be Christmas IN the movie.
Ok his list said “movies that came out at Christmas.” So your list is movies that aren’t official Christmas movies but have Christmas in them?

@Ketchum , I meant to put this in buy/sell and got distracted yesterday morning. I think we’re all under appreciating the improvement in player development (outside of the DB’s we seem to have made huge strides) and it’s relationship with putting players in the league (and the corresponding relationship with recruiting). Strong relationship between all three that has been lacking with the program for so many years.

Buy/Sell-one of the biggest stories with the program (which has been under reported and under appreciated) is the improvement of the staff from a development standpoint (from the likes of Flood, Davis, Choate. Choice, et al).

If you can’t tell, I’m a strong buy and looking forward to filling the league with Horns.

would those be the only reasns?
No and it’s why I said partially.

But in a sense yes, if all factors stay the same and Oregon wins this weekend but you drop an L on their schedule in Lubbock, we are in above them regardless of their point differential. And Utah losing to Baylor would’ve impacted the perception of both conferences.

What is the PAC-12s best non-conference win? Oregon at Tech? Colorado at TCU?

Reactions: Standaddy88
If you and @Ketchum really want to continue arguing against UT go join another Rivals board that supports Florida State or Oregon.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Ok his list said “movies that came out at Christmas.” So your list is movies that aren’t official Christmas movies but have Christmas in them?
The list is the Top 10 Non-Christmas Christmas movies.

@Ketchum , I meant to put this in buy/sell and got distracted yesterday morning. I think we’re all under appreciating the improvement in player development (outside of the DB’s we seem to have made huge strides) and it’s relationship with putting players in the league (and the corresponding relationship with recruiting). Strong relationship between all three that has been lacking with the program for so many years.

Buy/Sell-one of the biggest stories with the program (which has been under reported and under appreciated) is the improvement of the staff from a development standpoint (from the likes of Flood, Davis, Choate. Choice, et al).

If you can’t tell, I’m a strong buy and looking forward to filling the league with Horns.
That's a probable buy.

No and it’s why I said partially.

But in a sense yes, if all factors stay the same and Oregon wins this weekend but you drop an L on their schedule in Lubbock, we are in above them regardless of their point differential. And Utah losing to Baylor would’ve impacted the perception of both conferences.

What is the PAC-12s best non-conference win? Oregon at Tech? Colorado at TCU?

The Texas game against Tech isn't apples for apples with the Oregon game against Tech.

The Texas game against Tech isn't apples for apples with the Oregon game against Tech.
That’s not my argument.

My argument is the case for Oregon over Texas in a 12-1 scenario isn’t cut and dry. Outside of point differential and “best loss”, Texas has the better criteria points over Oregon (best win, strength of record, common opponent, etc.).

With all that said, go Cards.

The entire burnt orange universe might need to learn some breathing exercises after the AP and Coaches Polls came out on Sunday with the Longhorns trailing one-loss Ohio State.

Nevertheless ... just breathe.

People should be able to understand the rather large insignificance of that over the long run. tOSU is zero threat to keeping a 12-1 Texas out of the CFP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT