ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The 2022 Super Blue Chip Rankings)

Might need to fire up the Titans later this week. It's been a while. ;)
It's a pretty good movie. I'll always watch at least some of it when I see it on.

The only thing I don't like is the cheesy ending when they score the winning TD in the state championship game on a 75 yard wide receiver reverse on the last play of the game, with Rev carrying the ball.

And the other coach just reacts nonchalantly and claps his hands together and says "Ok, boys, good season" or something dumb like that. Do you know any coach ever in football that would have that reaction after he just lost the state championship on the final play of the game?

Sark gets no respect.

I agree.

I also think that Dave Campbells, in their effort to give representation to everyone (I guess good for sales) has not so subtly gone out of their way to elevate the minor programs in rankings or lists such as this. It's one reason why I don't buy it anymore, unless there is a prominent UT feature. A few years ago, the quarterback at UNT was listed as the first string "All Texas Football" team, or whatever they called it. Not knocking that guy, he was a senior and had had a nice career, but if he was the best quarterback in Texas, he wouldn't have been playing at North Texas State.

It's also not like I didn't write 9 other sections with a lot to chew on.

This column is unique in that there's always at least a few big sections for everyone.
Absolutely. It’s a grab bag, always has been, which I think is pretty fun and the views support that. Personally I skip the soccer stuff and many times the “best of” lists. Still love the column though.

solo-2018-gif001.gif
Well, I be damned.

@Ketchum the super blue chip ratio may the best thing that you've analyzed in awhile. I would say true blue chips are gone somewhere between 60-90. A true super blue chip is a star that makes ANY team better. After that matching a kid to the coaches scheme and development are more important than the Jimmies and Joes.

Also a large part of the UT failure is each time you flip a position coach or coordinator you have to hope that the mid 4 star to mid 3 star the previous coach recruited fits what you want for your style. Scheme fits matter.

I thought The Last Jedi was one of the worst ones and though the Rise of Skywalkee tried to fix it, along with working around the death of C Fisher, it was only moderately better. The last Jedi, much like the last season of Game of Thrones did with Kaleesi, went completely outside of the characters that were developed over hours of screen time. When a show abandons a character’s personality, values, and traits for shock value it really ruins a story for me. There is a reason Rían Johnson had his Star Wars projects taken away after that project. I wanted to like it but it was just poor sorry telling.

…and for goodness sake, that scene where Leia becomes Mary Poppins…..

It's also not like I didn't write 9 other sections with a lot to chew on.

This column is unique in that there's always at least a few big sections for everyone.
I enjoy these breakdowns; gives clarity, logical expectations, and what the reality is regarding the state of the program. Let’s hope we can see even more

What’s the lowest super Blue chip ratio a national champion has ever had? Say since 2005. That should be the near term target for Texas to get to.

What’s the lowest super Blue chip ratio a national champion has ever had? Say since 2005. That should be the near term target for Texas to get to.
Can't really go back that far because the rankings don't cover the 2000 and 2001 classes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT