ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The. Cold. Hard. Truth.)

Good stuff @Ketchum. I'm pleasantly surprised to hear we might part ways with Shaka. It's bittersweet because everybody likes the guy, but if we don't make a change it's basically telling the world we have no interest in being a competitive hoops program.

For bad sequels, I'd include the Matrix sequels. I have managed to forget both of them and can now simply enjoy the original on its own, but it took years.
Matrix II was seriously considered.

At the end of the day, Shaka just hasn't delivered. Bottom line.

Reactions: styrbjorn
I haven't heard the full details, but there's no way it was from last year. They wouldn't purposefully hold that up.
I'm sure they wouldn't purposefully do that, but it seems like it could have been something they didn't know the extent of until recently. Didn't GG have a labrum issue that went undetected for a long time?

I'm sure they wouldn't purposefully do that, but it seems like it could have been something they didn't know the extent of until recently. Didn't GG have a labrum issue that went undetected for a long time?
Good point. I never thought GG fully recovered from the surgery after his junior season in high school.

Reactions: TilGabriel
why did you leave out the next sentence that followed?

Because you wrote "hard tom". That sort of Freudian slip really freaked me out. =)roll

It's not impossible to imagine a mass exodus from the roster if Smart is fired, mainly because it's also not hard tom imagine a mass exodus from the roster if he is retained.

but he'd also been the victim of some unfortunate circumstances - a half-court shot to lose in the NCAA here... and all of the dynamics of COVID here.

We let the 4th place team in the Missouri Valley Conference, who was on the bubble until they won the conference tournament, beat us on a half court shot because our coach put our players in a position where they were actually losing with just over 3 seconds left. Do you not remember Isaiah Taylor made a layup with 2.7 seconds left just for us to tie the game? Give me a freaking break that the half court shot was bad luck... that was all Shaka under performing for his team. He did it in his last 2 tournaments at VCU as well (losing as the better seed). It’s become his MO.

I must have missed the part where Baylor didn’t play for over 3 weeks, or WVU for 2 weeks, or KU in the first round yesterday without their best player (Jalen Wilson) all due to Covid. Yet all of them managed to win their first round games just fine. I guess our covid issues set us apart somehow from the hundreds of teams that dealt with it this year.

You think City is the No.3 team there?
I'm not sure yet. We're gonna find out. But I think, based on last year AND this year, BM has earned the right to be the favorite. PSG and City need to beat the champ to be the champ, and City to this point has had an easy road so far in this year's Champions League.

The easy road stops here. I can't wait for these quarterfinals to start.

The difference between Swoopes and Murphy are that when Swoopes hit the QB camps and showcases his stock plummeted. The opposite seems to be true for Murphy who leaves jaws dropping with some of the throws he's able to make.

Reactions: styrbjorn
The difference between Swoopes and Murphy are that when Swoopes hit the QB camps and showcases his stock plummeted. The opposite seems to be true for Murphy who leaves jaws dropping with some of the throws he's able to make.
Depends on the camp. I loved Swoopes after seeing him at the Rivals 5 star camp in Atlanta. I thought he was the best quarterback on the field one of the days.

Reactions: TilGabriel
I didn’t notice Murphy’s wind up in the camp videos. It’s very noticeable in the games.

The coaching decision is up to CDC. What we know of how he operates, we won't hear anything. Then, Shaka will be fired and the new coach introduced later that afternoon

Reactions: cooleyo
The coaching decision is up to CDC. What we know of how he operates, we won't hear anything. Then, Shaka will be fired and the new coach introduced later that afternoon
His silence is telling. CDC goes into a quiet shell when he;'s about to let someone go if the last couple of changes are an indication.

Very fair assessment of the Shaka situation.

now ketchrodomas predict a list of replacement names( top 3)

Very fair assessment of the Shaka situation.

now ketchrodomas predict a list of replacement names( top 3)
It's a great question.

Beard has to be in the top three. Maybe Musselman. Has to be someone from a major conference I would think. Can't go get another guy with Shaka's profile.

Reactions: coopdog
In relation to expectations, a couple of Star Wars sequels “Phantom Menace” and “The Last Jedi” blew the scale on the suck meter IMHOP.
9wj6a624pbr31.jpg

Reactions: Rockhornfan
His path to a pay day is much easier in WWE Developmental. Checks in hand evey week vs paying his own way, trying to make the UFC, and then still not making all that much until he hopefully makes the upper card. He can do both as @Ketchum said.
He seems like a legit alpha and probably wants to prove himself on the biggest stage. If he is out for a payday then I'm sure he will be down to ham it up for the jabronis.

Watching that game i just dont understand why Tx guards have such a hard time getting in the lane. It has to be the design of whatever the hell that offense they play. Just got done watching ORU beat Fla and their team got them spread out and got in the lane and got open shots. They have 2 guys combined for 113 pts in 2 games and havent come out yet!

How is TX this bad on offense against freaking ACU!! Just terrible. It seemed Sims was the only guy not affected by the physical play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT