ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The ice is as thin as it gets)

Those aren't the only three to worry about.
But if you do bring in Herman who can get a lot out of current talent like he did at Houston then you have a talent pool good enough for at least one year to get great results to reload in 2018 if there is a recruiting fall off. It always comes back to Herman doesn't it.

Enough excuses. Texas should have the talent to be able to field good defense against teams like California and Oklahoma state. Those two teams aren't exactly loaded with great talent.
Agreed. I was implying Chavis' job is made more easier when you have Garrett and Hall coming off the edge.

Reactions: bkrichmd1
I had hoped we would go the LSU way.

Maybe this clip is before and after OU

Herman would have the offense handled...
If that is the case then fire Stong now and let the OC be the intern HC the rest of the season and fire the Bedford to go with him.
Would a Herman hire hurt or help recruiting? Could we land some big time names? I would love if his stud DT would transfer over lol. I would think we could still land top guys and keep our own. The Stong players still here would stay.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:… Texas ranks last in the Big 12 in scoring defense, last in pass defense efficiency, last inturnovers created and eighth inpassing defense

I do not understand this narrative. That's been by far his best attribute thus far into his career. Are we seriously going to pretend he hasn't been dropping bombs all season long down the field until this Oklahoma State game? He had some great deep balls against all other opponents.
Kid has a gift in that he throws on the deep balls are almost always dimes yet it was nonexistent Saturday. Such a shame

I think it's pretty clear ketch thinks Texas has a different coach next year
3 blocked extra points with no,adjustment whatsoever sealed strongs fate. I've never been more embarrassed by a football game. Ucla 66-3 and all the ou blowout games included

Agreed. I was implying Chavis' job is made more easier when you have Garrett and Hall coming off the edge.
eah, no doubt.
No doubt. Those guys are something serious together. Hall isn't a big time prospect, but he's still a very good college DE. I wish he was a Longhorn.

Well...to be fair, Chavis primary responsibility is defense. Not HC and Defense. That being said, it's on CS's shoulders this weekend. Before you blow your gasket, I'm of the assumption it's probably over for CS but to show you how Fenves thinks you've made your move and told Strong he needs to take charge of this defense and Strong responds with I'm taking over. Then you're Fenves remember, you're going to sit back and see if your 5 Million dollar a year guy that has connected with the state in recruiting can do it. Say he comes out and hold OU to 10 and Texas puts up 35ish. Then you're the smartest president in the world. Then say he continues to succeed and we win out. Guess what, Strong is your guy. That's how Fenves thinks. How do I know? Well I just know. What do think is going to happen at this point? I really have no idea, I have been totally surprised all year at this defense.
I don't know what will happen. I hope Texas beats OU, I think this team can beat them, but they have to go out prepared. I hope Strong can fix the defense. I would like to see him prove me wrong, because that would mean they are winning games.

I don't know what will happen. I hope Texas beats OU, I think this team can beat them, but they have to go out prepared. I hope Strong can fix the defense. I would like to see him prove me wrong, because that would mean they are winning games.
Look I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just giving you the objective flip side of the scenario.

Strong's situation reminds me of Notre Dame's experience with Tyrone Willingham where they let him go after only three years on a five year deal, breaking their practice of not firing a HFC before the contract was up. As a result of a "soft landing" he was able to secure another Head Coaching job at the U of Washington where he too was eventually released. Of course, that was in a different era of football prior to all the crazy money being made available to F5 programs and their coaching staffs.

As per number 10 and the cesspool that is Baylor. I do not care anymore. There is nothing else we can do.

I do care about the sorry product that Texas puts on the field week after week. No more Charlie Strong's, no more John Macovich's, no more David McWilliams. Fenves needs to get it done this time and it needs to be done right!

@Ketchum

No. 5 – Buy or sell …

BUY or SELL: Tom Herman is the Texas Longhorns' head coach in 2017?

(Buy) Yeah, I’m officially in that camp.

If(When) Texas fires Strong and goes after Herman. If UH makes playoffs do we wait until the middle of January to name a couch. I don't see Herman leaving UH before he gets his shot.

As to number 7 - why is everyone so sure that Romo will start once healthy. The team is playing winning ball while making almost zero mistakes. I just don't think it is as automatic a decision as is being portrayed. Dark had two HUGE drives to end halves that won this game. That's not just being a caretaker, that's being an NFL quarterback, you don't sit those on the bench unless you're an idiot.

Reactions: solman1972
Baylor is a sick place and culture...

We all know the NCAA and the FBI have no balls based on past and recent indications, but will either one/.or both ever grow a set, make an investigation and ruling on the Baylor crappola? I know the NCAA is kinda taking the 5th claiming they don't rule on these type of issues, but that's crap. If they rule on paying players, extras to athletes and title IX issues they are ruling on similar type of cultural issues IMO

Feds/FBI...vs. Baylor, Waco Tribune, Waco PD....no time to investigate I assume as they have to spend all their time covering Comey and DOJ's asses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT