ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (The importance of Todd Orlando...)

The only movie out of the top movies I have seen is Get Out and as a black it really changed my perspective!!! I feel bad for Georgia as their strengths match up with Bamas in an non optimal manner imo. UGA is not going to be able to line up and play bully ball against Bama like they did against OU. Their defense will eventually crack against Bama and unless Fromm plays out of his mind it will be another title into the trophy case in Tuscaloosa unfortunately

Good write up. I’m all in on not talking men’s BB until they do something positive worth writing about. Derrick Johnson is a bad man, and Major is a bad dude for a totally different reason.

Reactions: DrHorn98
Great comments on the Briles fiasco, but.....

... The wildcard round of the NFL playoffs was about as entertaining as the college football bowl season leading up to the playoffs for about 10 hours... and then Carolina/New Orleans happened. What. A. Game.

did you not enjoy the Kansas City/Tennessee game?

Shape of water is not my thing. I really enjoyed Molly game and all the money in the world , Showman was decent.

BUY or SELL: The 10th assistant is an offensive line coach?

(Buy) I think it's much, much more likely than a quarterback/play-calling OC. I'm starting to believe that we'll see more of Lincoln Riley in Tom Herman next year.
If the tenth coach isn't a play-calling OC, it will almost certainly be a defensive coach. Likely, someone to help out Giles and Orlando on the recruiting trail. A second offensive line coach to help out Warehime (which I assume you mean) would be a major disappointment.

Good write up. I’m all in on not talking men’s BB until they do something positive worth writing about. Derrick Johnson is a bad man, and Major is a bad dude for a totally different reason.

When they beat TCU at home Weds night he can write about them...

I hope Jones gets well soon!

As I said in the other thread, Briles Jr is far, far less responsible than Baylor’s AD for what happened at Baylor. The real outrage is this happened almost immediately after Baylor was forced to fire McCaw:

Ian-McCaw-Jerry-Falwell-Liberty-Athletics-secondary.jpg
I have enough outrage for EVERYONE involved. Briles was knee-deep in shit. Don't give his a pass. Give none of those scumbags a pass.

Man we're already talking about how next year is make or break for Shaka? Wasn’t that supposed to be this year? I was really excited for his hire, but at this point I have virtually no doubt that Barnes could have achieved better results over the same time period.
I've never said this is a make or break year for Shaka. I don't believe the decision-makers view him in that fashion.

Shaka needs to turn around the season this year. Next year is likely to be a step backwards in talent, losing Bamba and Jones to the draft. He had a top ten class in 2016, a top five class in 2017 and next year will be top 20 at best.

The lineup next year will lack a difference maker, unless Shaka makes someone into one, which he has yet to show he can do. Heck, with a top ten and top five class on the roster, ie, Shaka's guys, we aren't even close to being top 5 in our own conference.

I still have some hope Shaka will turn this team lose as the athletes he always wanted but didn't have at VCU. That means, run the daylights out of 9-10 guys, and hide the fact that we have better athletes than BB skill players. But right now, he seems determined to ditch what got him the job and try to run schemes that are beyond his ability to understand and/or teach.

Regarding the Oscars, I really thought Ingrid Goes West was a terrific movie that examined our “personal brand” society. Did that get any Oscar buzz for best film? I also thought Aubrey Plaza was really good.
Very underrated performance.

DJ is 35?! Dang, I am an old! Loved Mudbound...shed some tears during that movie.

Orlando was a home run hire, but not a household name. CTH can hire an Orlando-level hire that is not a household name when hired, even if he becomes one later, as Orlando is or should be becoming. Whether that is a play-caller, QB coach, or O Line coach, remains to be seen.
Lots of guys are home run hires and never receive the home run hire label.

See Jason Washington.

Random comments:
  • Orlando - Sometimes in one's career it matters more to find your level of total confidence and competence than keep looking upward at something you are not built for.
  • Sterns - ditto, ditto along with Overshown.
  • Waddle - Ketch, you and too many other "evaluators" put way too much emphasis on "measurables". Just focus on results.
  • Cook - Overrated.
  • Applewhite - One of my favorite players for UT has just totally disappointed me. That hire will be career stunting. And, President Khutar and Chairman Tillman screwed up letting it happen.
  • 10th Assistant - If not a strong OC hire, then Herman may have made a potentially career stunting decision.....see Charlie Strong.
  • Mayfield the best ever at OU - Ketch, you really need to look back, way back, before making that statement. Hell, I will even go back to the late 40's and an AA qb named Royal and come forward through the Bud years (Vessels), Owens, Mildren, Washington, Sims, the Selmans, etc. As much as I despise them, they have had many a really great ballplayer that has haunted us.
a.I don't know what you mean about Waddle. I rate him as a national top 50 prospect.
b. Applewhite's coaching career is currently defined by his poor decisions.
c. I didn't call Mayfield the best ever. Sooners everywhere call him the GOAT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT