Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The latest on Micah Hudson isn't great...)

This one had over 1k in replies. ;)

Marquette looks to be loaded. If Shaka somehow makes it to the Final Four ……. Ketch wins the day but loses 90% of subscriber base to harakiri.

He won more Super Bowls.

That's the answer.

No. He won more with less. That’s the answer. Also why he surpassed Montana even when they had same number of rings, but Brady had actually lost in the big game.

He did more with less. Can’t say that about Emmitt.

Just following the ridiculous what-if game so many others have made.

I'm not into what-ifs. I comment on things that actually happen.

Deciding who is a better running back in a vacuum of surrounding talent is the precursor for the ultimate “what-ifs”.

Which was more difficult for a DC to game plan for Aikman, Novacheck, Johnson, Harper, Irvin and Smith, or Rodney Peete (lol), Sanders and Perriman…

Give you a hint, pretty sure they all dared Peete to beat them with his arm.

@Ketchum let’s break it down like this so they can better understand…

Better in pass support - Smith
Better in open space - Sanders
Better in short yardage - Smith
Better to take it to the distance - Sanders
Better in big games - Smith
Better pass catcher - Even
Better leader - Smith
More likely to elevate others - Smith
More durable - Smith
More wins and titles - Smith
More pro bowls - Smith

Another thing people don’t mention…Sanders quit…so if he had played longer we might be having a different discussion…

• Haha
Reactions: horns--21 and pied
If this, if that...

All that matters is what actually happened.
Agree. That i why I always say Ricky was the greatest back Texas ever had. His numbers are WAY better than any other back .

I ask everyone each week to make Top 10s of the subjects I make lists of.

Emmitt Smith
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Marshall Faulk
Adrian Peterson
Eric Dickerson
Tony Dorsett
LaDainian Tomlinson
Curtis Martin

after too much thought I decided no RB without a sustained career of greatness should be on the All-Time RB list...if people want a Greatest Runner or Greatest 4 Year split list we can do that & put the likes of Earl & Sayers on it, but, #'s matter...

….
Another thing people don’t mention…Sanders quit…so if he had played longer we might be having a different discussion…

I think that’s a BIG component. It’s a personal decision and could be the correct decision but it absolutely factors into me deciding who I think is the GOAT.

Reactions: Eagle Fang
No. He won more with less. That’s the answer. Also why he surpassed Montana even when they had same number of rings, but Brady had actually lost in the big game.

He did more with less. Can’t say that about Emmitt.
That's simply not true. No one cares about the doing more with less, which isn't even true.

He has arguably the best coach of all-time, great defenses, great running games and at times great receivers.

The bottom line is what matters.

Deciding who is a better running back in a vacuum of surrounding talent is the precursor for the ultimate “what-ifs”.

Which was more difficult for a DC to game plan for Aikman, Novacheck, Johnson, Harper, Irvin and Smith, or Rodney Peete (lol), Sanders and Perriman…

Give you a hint, pretty sure they all dared Peete to beat them with his arm.
Who else do you do this with?

Better in pass support - Smith
Better in open space - Sanders
Better in short yardage - Smith
Better to take it to the distance - Sanders
Better in big games - Smith
Better pass catcher - Even
Better leader - Smith
More likely to elevate others - Smith
More durable - Smith
More wins and titles - Smith
More pro bowls - Smith

You're making too much sense.

Pretty soon someone is going to say, "What if we switched their hearts and courage? Barry with someone else's courage and heart would have won 15 super bowls if he had just 4 all-pro linemen instead of two."

Agree. That i why I always say Ricky was the greatest back Texas ever had. His numbers are WAY better than any other back .
He's the best back I've ever seen in college, but I didn't see Earl.

Reactions: McGuapo
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Marshall Faulk
Adrian Peterson
Eric Dickerson
Tony Dorsett
LaDainian Tomlinson
Curtis Martin

after too much thought I decided no RB without a sustained career of greatness should be on the All-Time RB list...if people want a Greatest Runner or Greatest 4 Year split list we can do that & put the likes of Earl & Sayers on it, but, #'s matter...
That's a fine list.

Also, another point. @Anwar Richardson and others would have you believe that Barry was surrounded by dog shit.

His teams made the playoffs 6 out of 8 seasons. They never did anything in the playoffs for the most part because big-game Barry didn't show up.

That's not a subjective opinion.

1684801759760.png

Also, here's the list of Pro Bowl-level players Sanders played with during his career.

He played with 13 Pro Bowlers throughout his career with the Lions, 10 of whom were multi-year Pro Bowlers.

DT Jerry Ball (3-time pro Bowler)
DB Bennie Blades )1-time Pro Bowler)
LB Stephen Boyd (2-time Pro Bowler)
OT Lomas Brown (6-time Pro Bowler)
DE Luther Ellis (2-time Pro Bowler)
OL Kevin Glover (3-time Pro Bowler)
KR Mel Gray (4-time pro Bowler)
K Jason Hanson (2-time Pro Bowler)
WR Herman Moore (4-time Pro Bowler and 4-time All-Pro)
DE Robert Porcher (3-time Pro Bowler)
TE David Sloan (1-time pro Bowler)
LB Chris Spielman (4-time Pro Bowler)
DE Pat Swilling (1-time Pro Bowler)

But, yeah... if he only had other good players around him.

He's the best back I've ever seen in college, but I didn't see Earl.
Same. If you watched Ricky and asked anyone who played with it against him they would tell you he was THE Dude amongst dudes. An alien. He made more guys practice self preservation in college than I’ve ever seen.

Pro Bowlers that Emmitt and Barry Sanders played with in the 90s.

Emmitt: 18
Sanders: 13

That's an edge, but it's not the monster edge that some in this thread have tried to portray.

The idea that Barry Sanders was a helpless star on a team with no other good players is a non-truth.

Reactions: leej4445
If Texas lands between 8-15 in recruiting in Sark'a third year, that is failure. Ohio st, Bama, Ga are hitting top five year in and year out, that is how you compete at the highest level. So far the only thing giving me hope for Sark is his recruiting, if he starts missing on top five classes, then he's missing on the only thing he has really done well so far.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
If Texas lands between 8-15 in recruiting in Sark'a third year, that is failure. Ohio st, Bama, Ga are hitting top five year in and year out, that is how you compete at the highest level. So far the only thing giving me hope for Sark is his recruiting, if he starts missing on top five classes, then he's missing on the only thing he has really done well so far.

I just don't know that the super blues are going to flow in like last year.

I just don't know that the super blues are going to flow in like last year.
You may be right, but if you are right then that is not a good look for Sark or what Texas is doing as it relates to nil

Hopefully a strong season by Texas may change some minds.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
Pro Bowlers that Emmitt and Barry Sanders played with in the 90s.

Emmitt: 18
Sanders: 13

That's an edge, but it's not the monster edge that some in this thread have tried to portray.

The idea that Barry Sanders was a helpless star on a team with no other good players is a non-truth.
How about HOF’ers?

Arch was never that good in the NFL and wasn't all his teammates fault. He has 125 touchdowns to 173 interceptions in his career.
Did you see the games? He got hit like Kliff Kingsbury did by Aaron Humphrey. Game after game. He had no chance. The teams he were on were awful. He was battered.

You may be right, but if you are right then that is not a good look for Sark or what Texas is doing as it relates to nil

Hopefully a strong season by Texas may change some minds.
I think there are just some weird dynamics this year. Part of it is really strong legwork by OU. Some of it is where the talent is in the state at various positions. For instance, it's an average OL year in terms of elite guys,

Winning more than 8 games would definitely help.

Did you see the games? He got hit like Kliff Kingsbury did by Aaron Humphrey. Game after game. He had no chance. The teams he were on were awful. He was battered.
He also played poorly.

You can't have an upside down TD: INT ratio and completely blame it on everyone else.

There's no other player in the history of the sport we give that kind of free pass to.

He also played poorly.

You can't have an upside down TD: INT ratio and completely blame it on everyone else.

There's no other player in the history of the sport we give that kind of free pass to.
Considering what he had to work with, he played well until hurt. The few games they won were him dragging the team over the finish line by himself. I think you are arguing for the most successful qb, rather than the most physically talented.

Considering what he had to work with, he played well until hurt. The few games they won were him dragging the team over the finish line by himself. I think you are arguing for the most successful qb, rather than the most physically talented.

Maybe in his generation.

In 2011, Sanders was asked if he was better than Smith and he took a very humble approach to the question.

“I would never say that,” Sanders said. “He was too great of a player, and I loved competing against him.” Sanders later said on Twitter that he appreciates the debate people have between the two and added some more glowing praise on his rival.

“He is #1 on all the time list and trust me-the guy deserves it. You can say he played on great teams… but he made those teams great,” Sanders said.

Smith responded to what Sanders said a day later, and gave him the ultimate compliment.

“Heard about what Barry Sanders said…so very flattered but he should know I think he's the best of all time,” Smith said.

Latest posts