Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (The latest on Micah Hudson isn't great...)

2 thoughts

1. If Micah Hudson goes to tech for any reason other than they wrote the biggest check, he and his camp are fools.

2. The USA is the least racist country I've been to in my extensive world travels, and it's not really that close (Canada doesn't count). Japan is the most racist country I've spent time in.
Does Canada not count because it would knock the US off your perch for it?

Lol…now you’ve jumped the shark comparing Barry to Reggie McNeal…
Just following the ridiculous what-if game so many others have made.

I'm not into what-ifs. I comment on things that actually happen.

Reactions: McGuapo
No Doubt. The Cowboys were an All Time great team. Stars all over the field. That’s kind of the point. Emmitt was a stud on a team with more than one. I’m not sure he ever ran against a stacked 8 man front. Walter Payton ran against 8 man fronts his entire career.

I can show you a link from a game where Buddy stacked the box with players and decided to leave Michael on an island with a scrub.

The greatness of Emitt Smith was a product of the system.

I think any number of very good backs would have had a similar career as Emitt if put in the same situation.

Put Emitt on an average team and you've got a very different career. Probably closer to Gore or Curtis Martin, both HOFers, but no one puts them top 5.

Emmitt wasn't even the best player in his own team many of those years.
Good grief, what a lousy take.

Charles Haley has 5 rings and is in the HOF... who did he think was the best and most important player on the team?

Reactions: scary jarbro
You don't think running the ball and controlling the time of possession affects the other team's offense? C'mon. Get back to me when you understand football.
So the Cowboys won that Super Bowl by controlling the clock? Did you even watch the game? I’d say the NINE turnovers generated by a great Cowboy Defense prolly had more to do with it than the THREE minute time of possession differential.

So the Cowboys won that Super Bowl by controlling the clock? Did you even watch the game? I’d say the NINE turnovers generated by a great Cowboy Defense prolly had more to do with it than the THREE minute time of possession differential.
Now do Super Bowl XXVIII

The game Aikman doesn't remember because he had a concussion and threw zero touchdowns. The one where Michael Irvin was held in check,

Reactions: leej4445
Does Canada not count because it would knock the US off your perch for it?
No because they are unique in their proximity to the US, giving them access to highly qualified immigrants and business opportunitues, and don't need to worry about having a huge military budget.

If you switched Canada and Russia geographically, Canada wouldn't be as easy going as a society.

No because they are unique in their proximity to the US, giving them access to highly qualified immigrants and business opportunitues, and don't need to worry about having a huge military budget.

If you switched Canada and Russia geographically, Canada wouldn't be as easy going as a society.

ok.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
Now do Super Bowl XXVIII

The game Aikman doesn't remember because he had a concussion and threw zero touchdowns. The one where Michael Irvin was held in check,
Emmitt was a stud……. Very physical and relentless. The Dallas D also came to play. I’m surprised you don't have more respect for that team outside of Emmitt.

@Ketchum , why are you so snarky when you debate? Jeez man, it's a top 10 list you're defending. Nobody has insulted your family!

Do you generally hold it against legends if they play with other legends?

Any other examples?
No but I think context matters when discussing who is better and your arguments continue to emphasize who has played in big games, won championships, etc which largely depends on the supporting cast vs straight up individual talent.

Reactions: horns--21
Between the 92/93 to the 95/96 seasons:

The back up running backs with Dallas All-Time Great Offensive Line:

234 Attempts
826 Yards
6 TDs
3.5 Yards per Rush

And the back up running backs with Detroit All-Crappy Offensive Line:

219 Attempts
855 Yards
10 TDs
3.9 Yards Per Rush

Alright, I'm confused, can any of you "it's the oline" explain this? @Anwar Richardson can you or your player sources explain why other running backs performed a little better with Detroit's line than Dallas?

• Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
No Doubt. The Cowboys were an All Time great team. Stars all over the field. That’s kind of the point. Emmitt was a stud on a team with more than one. I’m not sure he ever ran against a stacked 8 man front. Walter Payton ran against 8 man fronts his entire career.
Emmitt ran against stacked 8 man fronts all the time, depending on down/distance. The offensive Dallas ran at their best was possibly the simplest, most efficient offense in NFL history. Very little misdirection, unless it was a play fake to Emmitt. They almost told you what they were going to do. Now they had talent, all over the field, but it's not like teams didn't know where they were going.

Emmitt was a stud……. Very physical and relentless. The Dallas D also came to play. I’m surprised you don't have more respect for that team outside of Emmitt.
I have a ton of respect for that team.

I just know who the best and most important player on that team was.

Alright, I'm confused, can any of you "it's the oline" explain this?
Detroit was playing from behind and needed to gain yards and score.

Dallas was playing ball control, trying to run out the clock and not turn the ball over.

I don't know if the above is true, just a possibility.

Detroit was playing from behind and needed to gain yards and score.

Dallas was playing ball control, trying to run out the clock and not turn the ball over.

I don't know if the above is true, just a possibility.
Why are their back ups getting the ball if they are trying to score? Makes no sense.

Also Detroit's record those years was 34-30, with 2 10 win seasons. So they weren't always behind.

@Ketchum , why are you so snarky when you debate? Jeez man, it's a top 10 list you're defending. Nobody has insulted your family!
I usually return snark with snark.

I don't believe in a world where people can treat me a certain kind of way and I have to sit back and take it.

• Haha
I can show you a link from a game where Buddy stacked the box with players and decided to leave Michael on an island with a scrub.

I don’t think you are going to really argue that teams stacked the box against the cowboys as even remotely similar to what Walter Payton endured. I remember that shading to Irvin and leaving Alvin Harper with one on one usually resulted in Alvin Harper standing in the end zone with no one within 10 yards. The Cowboys were loaded. This is from a Cowboy hater. Maybe I have PTSD.

16 pages and counting.

Is this your most viewed 10 thoughts?

Enjoyed reading it.

Must have been quite a task replying to everyone.
Nah, I've had probably 100 with more views.

Now... replies? I'd have to look.

234 Attempts
826 Yards
6 TDs
3.5 Yards per Rush

219 Attempts
855 Yards
10 TDs
3.9 Yards Per Rush

Alright, I'm confused, can any of you "it's the oline" explain this? @Anwar Richardson can you or your player sources explain why other running backs performed a little better with Detroit's line than Dallas?
They were defending the pass?

No but I think context matters when discussing who is better and your arguments continue to emphasize who has played in big games, won championships, etc which largely depends on the supporting cast vs straight up individual talent.
I agree that context matters. It's why I asked if you typically take these angles in these types of discussions.

Your answer was no.

234 Attempts
826 Yards
6 TDs
3.5 Yards per Rush

219 Attempts
855 Yards
10 TDs
3.9 Yards Per Rush

That's so great.

I don’t think you are going to really argue that teams stacked the box against the cowboys as even remotely similar to what Walter Payton endured. I remember that shading to Irvin and leaving Alvin Harper with one on one usually resulted in Alvin Harper standing in the end zone with no one within 10 yards. The Cowboys were loaded. This is from a Cowboy hater. Maybe I have PTSD.
Walter Payton was a great player.

Do you dispute that at his early peak, he wasn't as good as Earl and in in the peak years that followed, he wasn't as good as Eric Dickerson?

Reactions: PreamoHorn
They were defending the pass?

Because they can't pass 100% of the time when rb1 isn't on the field.

DCs would pick up on that pretty quickly.
Detroit had a winning record those years with 3 playoff appearances. So, if you're saying passing helped the back ups, then it would help Barry's average too.

I agree that context matters. It's why I asked if you typically take these angles in these types of discussions.

Your answer was no.
Ok here’s context the 2 goats Emmitt and Jerry played for the best teams with the best players. Of course they produced in big games, they were there a lot. They played longer than most everyone else too. Their durability should be admired as much as anything

Randy and Barry not so much. Yes Randy played for NE outside of his prime and lit it up but altogether their teams were not good…ever. Yet on a per touch basis they were more productive

Walter Payton was a great player.

Do you dispute that at his early peak, he wasn't as good as Earl and in in the peak years that followed, he wasn't as good as Eric Dickerson?
Agree 110%. And. You can say the exact same thing about Emmitt.

16 pages and counting.

Is this your most viewed 10 thoughts?

Enjoyed reading it.

Must have been quite a task replying to everyone.

This one had over 1k in replies. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ben Chode